Like Tree9501Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I do! But guys are aaying that you need to find people that are in the same squad/same start time.
    Got it, lets see what develops

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I think you have an awesome chance at being in the class after this one. My opinion is that you will be in that class, honestly.
    Thanks Broseph! Good luck next month man.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterintraining View Post
    Don't believe anything you hear.. My buddy got the call 2 days befor the jan class
    Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Not to question your mentor but from my experience and others' that I know of, these mentors are just as clueless as the next person. I'd take what they say with a grain of salt. And again, I'm not saying this is true of all mentors out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    The academy is more than a month a way. Would seem near impossible for them to have the class wrapped up. If it stands as is, wouldn't that be a 1 out of 1 ratio. Unheard of. I would think there are still a few hundred numbers left to call off, but I guess we'll see over the next month! I am sure you'd be happy to be wrong, lol
    Like I had said I just wanted to pass on info passed onto me. I know that the info he sent to me was from another source and because he is of a higher rank I just figured there is a remote possibility it could be true and as such wanted to share. Most of us on here have been busting our asses for a long time for this and I felt that any info should be shared regardless of its likelihood. Thats why I gave my little disclaimer. I really, really hope the info is dead wrong. Good luck to those that already got their letters. Still clinging to the hope I'll be suffering through this brutal summer with you.
    Last edited by sffdnyhopeful09; 06-08-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Just got another email that gave a break down on numbers. This is also from my mentor but was originally emailed to him from someone else. Again don't shoot the messenger as I'm just providing info that was given to me. How accurate and on point it is won't be known until the class actually starts.
    The breakdown is as follows:
    1.Monday June 2 and Wednesday June 4 had 100 letters sent out for both days
    2. Last class reached 715 but numerous people were passed over for various reasons so they got called first.
    3. Scheduled run dates are June 16,17, 18, and 25 if necessary.
    4. There is no indication of the last number they reached so far.
    5. Email states that anyone below 1300 should be prepared to run. Not a guarantee but just this person's estimate.
    6. Last class was filled as late as the Friday before Mondays start date so be ready regardless.
    7.More info should be available this coming monday or tuesday regarding what numbers are being reached and depending on how many of the 300 pass the first 3 dates will determine how many are called for the 25th.
    8. Last but not least the class size is expected to be between 320-330.

Again just relaying information that I received in an effort to make this time of waiting slightly more bearable. I know it helps me a bit to just to calm the nerves when I get some info even though I'm praying the estimate is way off.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Man I hope you guys get up to 1500 for this class. This is just crazy.

When they send you a run letter do they ask you to confirm that you received it and that you are planning on running?
    sffdnyhopeful09 and test2000 like this.

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Man I hope you guys get up to 1500 for this class. This is just crazy.

When they send you a run letter do they ask you to confirm that you received it and that you are planning on running?
    Yup, just like they ask you to confirm your initial interview with your investigator.

Forum Member

WE WANT PACKETS!!!!!!!!!!
    mscire91 likes this.
    List 26XX
    Score:100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mscire91 View Post
    Hey guys, First post here, I see there is a ton of information going on, I tried to search to find an answer to my question but its a tough mission.. My List number is 31XX, was wondering if anyone heard any news on what numbers they will be sending packets out to, and around when. My uncle works for R1, seems to think that possibly my list number will get the packets maybe this month or july and maybe get into the July'15 class or so. I currently am a phys ed teacher for the City of New York good job but I can not wait to hopefully become a member of the FDNY, its been a dream for my 23 years of life. Im from the Bay Ridge, Dyker area in Brooklyn if anyone is training, I work out regularly at the 86st NYSC and I run 15 miles a week or so and sets of stairs on Shore Road. Let me know if anyone wants to work out together thats close on my list. God Bless
    Hey bud I tried to pm you, I do nit think it's on.
    mscire91 likes this.

Forum Member

Default class

Does anybody know what the start date is for the next class going in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Does anybody know what the start date is for the next class going in?
    All things look like a go for July 14th.
    ovaltine_jenkins likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    All things look like a go for July 14th.
    I know there has been rumors of 3 classes per year. Is mid July typical for the 2nd class of the year? thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    I know there has been rumors of 3 classes per year. Is mid July typical for the 2nd class of the year? thank you
    yes approx. theres been a january class (usually toward the end) and a july class (somewhere in the middle of that month)

elsewhere on the board theres been talks of them taking less time between classes scheduling them every 20 weeks - that hasn't been formally confirmed yet.

on another note, i was hoping to get somewhere in the ball park of 22-2500 or so for the class after this july. at this rate, that feels hard to believe.
    mscire91 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    this forum is really cool and all, but wayyy to many different answers. i hear guys in the 3xxx's are looking at the july 2015 class and then i hear guys in 1400's are looking at the july 2015 class. who really knows?? i really hope 3xxx get into july 2015
    Dude, no offense, but you have to relax. You haven't gotten a packet yet, you don't need to worry about what class you may be in right now. Also, the answers posted are mainly rumors or hear say. No one on here has any idea about numbers more than the next guy.

Also, since you've posted questions regarding steroids, you'd might want to go back and edit your name and list number out of your first post.

Forum Member

So only 200 letters have been sent out so far ? So it sounds like they sent out the first bunch of letters to guys in the 700 and 800's and the next batch was to the guys in the 900's and 1000's. Hopefully the next batch is tomorrow and going out to the guys in the 1100's and 1200's.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    So only 200 letters have been sent out so far ? So it sounds like they sent out the first bunch of letters to guys in the 700 and 800's and the next batch was to the guys in the 900's and 1000's. Hopefully the next batch is tomorrow and going out to the guys in the 1100's and 1200's.
    C'mon!!!!!!!! I'm actually looking forward to Monday lol
    TomFromQueens likes this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I didn't see any such questions.

Forum Member

Probie in my house caught his first job on the first day. He was 2nd due in a 3 alarm fire. No more academy evolutions, this is the real deal. He said he was dehydrated. Remember guys, hydrate, especially now with the warm weather.
    FDsouthbxNY and ladder9volley like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Hey my list number is 21xx anyone around that number from queens? I'm in rego park and I'm looking for ppl to jog with
    where do you jog?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Probie in my house caught his first job on the first day. He was 2nd due in a 3 alarm fire. No more academy evolutions, this is the real deal. He said he was dehydrated. Remember guys, hydrate, especially now with the warm weather.
    Are you in SI? If so, I think your probie was in my squad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Hey bud I tried to pm you, I do nit think it's on.
    Hey i think that its on now, im new here, couldnt figure out how to enable the PM but I think its up now.
    FDNY 2000- Score 100
    List-3XXX

Thread Information