Like Tree12944Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Has anyone gone thru the intake process without the original HS diploma? I can't find mine since I recently moved. I went to my old HS and they said schools don't make new diplomas only give an official letter with an embossed seal and stamp. I'm super nervous since the 7th is my intake and that's the only thing i don't have
    you'll be fine with the official letter. that's all i had too, and my investigator told me the letter was sufficient proof of high school graduation.

Forum Member

forgot the quote...see below, 4040
    Last edited by quietharvest1; 12-30-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    question: my DL in a NYS DL with my previous address on it. my investigator had me fill out the form and use my old address as it matches the one listed on my DL. she then said I would need to fill out a new form and bring in my new ID with the new address on it. When i told her the DMV refused to issue me a new license with updated info - I've changed it several times already - she just mumbled and asked me for a completely different document.

will this hold my process up? should I just 'lose' my DL and force the DMV to send me a new one? I brought along my abstract and it has my current address on it.

I just don't wanna end up in the incomplete pile for something that silly
    there was also a discrepancy between the address on my license and my current address, but i wasn't held up because of it.
    you should be fine.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Same question was asked a few pages back . Look for it . There's Ur answer
    Here's the guy who takes his time out to post about searching when he could just answered. Thanks, but I did look for it.

Thanks quiet harvest for answering.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Here's the guy who takes his time out to post about searching when he could just answered. Thanks, but I did look for it.

Thanks quiet harvest for answering.
    Yah, only the college stuff needs to be sealed and sent direct. I believe that's because if you have college credits then you obviously already have a HS diploma.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Majority View Post
    There is down time with any job. I'd say that a lot of the time is reserved for cleaning and calibrating the equipment. But there's only so much cleaning an calibrating you can do in a tour. A lot of it is just sitting patiently and waiting.

But when duty calls, it's time to get serious. That's when an otherwise normal day at the house can turn into a day where you're fighting for other people's lives and your own.
    Some houses are busier than others but there is always something that needs to be done in the firehouse. My company is one of the busiest in the city but even on the relatively slow days when we're not running aside from committee work and checking the rig... we study, drill and discuss firematics. On top of that you have Multi Unit Drills, Hydrant inspections, Building Inspections, Holliday inspections, Civilian complaint inspections etc... If you often find yourself with nothing to do then you're probably the lazy hair bag of your company or you work in a f$#k shop shyt company.

Forum Member

***************** Deleted *************

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Test 2000 View Post
    Sire ed what's your list #?
    I'm in the 2XXX's and getting called now.

Forum Member

My take on the salary. I personally think that FDNY pays a lot when you take into account the benefits and especially the half pay at 20 years. Without the benefits the salary isn't that much.

Most people probably won't make that much more money in the private work force these days, especially just starting out.

There is no need to save for retirement on the FDNY, most likely you will be out on 3/4 tax free salary anyway.

You will have to make sure to move up in rank and get the higher pay.

Since the FDNY allows you to have so much time off, you're basically going to have to do something else on the side like most firemen do, usually off the books. So get your dumb jock asses off and bar tend on your free days, girls like firemen and will give you big tips.

Then if you want to buy a house you will have to put more money down and get a note from your parents that they lent you the money. It is as simple as that.

Forget putting a small amount down and taking out a huge mortgage, you may not make enough if you are the only salary buying the house. Your off the books jobs will also not be allowed as income.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    My take on the salary. I personally think that FDNY pays a lot when you take into account the benefits and especially the half pay at 20 years. Without the benefits the salary isn't that much.

Most people probably won't make that much more money in the private work force these days, especially just starting out.

There is no need to save for retirement on the FDNY, most likely you will be out on 3/4 tax free salary anyway.

Since the FDNY allows you to have so much time off, you're basically going to have to do something else on the side like most firemen do, usually off the books. So get your dumb jock asses off and bar tend on your free days, girls like firemen and will give you big tips.

Then if you want to buy a house you will have to put more money down and get a note from your parents that they lent you the money. It is as simple as that.

Forget putting a small amount down and taking out a huge mortgage, you may not make enough if you are the only salary buying the house. Your off the books jobs will also not be allowed as income.

You talk like such an expert on the FDNY. You are truly in need of a reality check. Take a look at the attached links which tell how there is no 3/4 disability retirement for those hired after 2009. Social Security payments reduce pensions. And retirement for new hires is not 20 years, it's 22 years. Numerous changes have greatly reduced the pension for new hires. (Limited amount of OT included, longer average period, etc.) There are no heart or lung bills which did get 3/4 for members in the past. Also many disability retirement over the last 13 years were related to the WTC and covered by specific WTC legislation. You are a wealth of misinformation.

http://www.qchron.com/editions/queen...f8a6907cb.html

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...-a-day-pension
    Last edited by 40&OUT; 12-31-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    fdnybk and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

Hope everyone on this forum has a great new year. 2015 brings another 650 run letters. Let's hope each of us get one.
    J0hnnyb0y and Nyscourts2fdny like this.

Forum Member

Been following this thread for the past couple years, just haven't posted in quite awhile.

Just wishing everybody a happy, healthy and safe 2015. Especially those that are on the job, just got on, or in the academy.
    Last edited by snoozer1989; 12-31-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Hope everyone on this forum has a great new year. 2015 brings another 650 run letters. Let's hope each of us get one.
    1300 run letters for the next 2 classes ... Please God!!
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    Only 320 or so run letters per class ... you probably mean 1300 list #'s ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    how about 1400 lol.. 13 you should be good to go!

Forum Member

lol has to be a troll. nothing to see here folks, just another scrub who couldn't score competitively and is upset about it.
    pericnyc and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

22 years and 3/4 is gone. I'm assuming you're just trolling now...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Only 320 or so run letters per class ... you probably mean 1300 list #'s ...
    right my bad lol. 1300 list #s.

Forum Member

When does balls to the walls start for this academy?
    kmart1 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

This thread has gone to shi*! Lets remember, if you're on here you shouldnt be bad mouthing the pay. We all know and understand what it is. This job couldnt pay a FF enough. Its a dangerous job. Get over it. With that said this thread should be a source of information trading, FACTS and maybe some good thought out theories of what could or might happen with exam 2000 and list numbers.

Thanks to those that have provided useful and meaningful information so far! Keep the good stuff going and ignore the shi*!
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    When does balls to the walls start for this academy?

Today in my honest opinion. Today was truly day 1.

Honestly, some of you guys have no idea what you're wishing for so hard. Aside from military guys here, none of you are truly emotionally ready for the way they do things there and I promise you that. These drill instructors are like nothing I've ever experienced, and l am humble enough to admit that. Coupled with the length and endurance of the day....you seriously have zero idea what you're in for.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 12-31-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Today in my honest opinion. Today was truly day 1.

Honestly, some of you guys have no idea what you're wishing for so hard. Aside from military guys here, none of you are truly emotionally ready for the way they do things there and I promise you that. These drill instructors are like nothing I've ever experienced, and l am humble enough to admit that. Coupled with the length and endurance of the day....you seriously have zero idea what you're in for.
    I couldn't agree more. Today's PT session was a serious reality check. I'll just say this...I HATE to run. HATE it with a passion. But after the frist part of PT, I was happy that it was time to run. So that says a lot! Second thing, it's seems the universal currency at the Rock is push-ups, do yourself a favor and start training to build a big bank account. Sadly today was the easiest day. I hope you all get your shot one day,IF you really want it. As for me, Iam off to enjoy New Year's Eve.....from my bed.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 40&OUT View Post
    You talk like such an expert on the FDNY. You are truly in need of a reality check. Take a look at the attached links which tell how there is no 3/4 disability retirement for those hired after 2009. Social Security payments reduce pensions. And retirement for new hires is not 20 years, it's 22 years. Numerous changes have greatly reduced the pension for new hires. (Limited amount of OT included, longer average period, etc.) There are no heart or lung bills which did get 3/4 for members in the past. Also many disability retirement over the last 13 years were related to the WTC and covered by specific WTC legislation. You are a wealth of misinformation.

http://www.qchron.com/editions/queen...f8a6907cb.html

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...-a-day-pension

LOL, I love how everyone is able to jump on any small thing I write. I threw that in there because I knew you clowns would get ****ed off, even though it wasn't really related to my topic at all. That is good to know. I'm not here to troll, well I joke around as you clowns seem to get insulted so easily. Some of you are going to need a wake up call because once you join the force you're going to get joked on a lot and if you get ****ed by the **** I write then good luck. This isn't a corporate job where everyone has tolerance, you're going to get **** on when you join.

Damn, that really sucks they reduced it, it was winning the lottery going out on 3/4th tax free with social security (so many have done it and they knew exactly what to do to get on it as everyone I knew on it was perfectly healthy). I'm actually glad FDNY reduced it. Remember, part of me joining the FDNY for me was being envious of all the pay and benefits they got. I used to just hate how every other, well actually most fireman I came across were out on 3/4th while I had to work hard in the private workforce like a slave to some a-hole bosses who took everything as a direct hit to their wallet.

I haven't been keeping up with the changes and most of what I heard about the FDNY was from before 2009, before I actually took the last test.

Anyway don't get so worked up with what I write, you need to learn to joke back and not take insult. If you don't like what someone will say on the job then you joke back you don't attack them like some of you are attacking me. Last thing you want is to have problems with someone on the job as you work in such close proximity. And guess what, you can't easily get fired on the FDNY (it's a city job) so you're pretty much stuck with who you work with. Just relax and enjoy, and don't give silent treatment either as that just makes for a very bad work atmosphere.

You're going to get a lot of people exactly like me on the job who like to **** people off just for fun, well I call it joking around. Or you will think they are a-holes, don't get so worked up about it.
    Last edited by SirEd; 12-31-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Forum Member

4 people tapped out today due to injuries from PT session. I think they are going back, not sure though. SirEd, to be a ball buster in the FH, it will take you 5 years to get to that point. I'm glad I am sr to you, if we work together, I can smack you down to reality.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    4 people tapped out today due to injuries from PT session. I think they are going back, not sure though. SirEd, to be a ball buster in the FH, it will take you 5 years to get to that point. I'm glad I am sr to you, if we work together, I can smack you down to reality.
    LOL, you see this is exactly how you should treat someone on the job. No bull**** silent treatment (like the **** that women do), no personal attacking or personal insults. Just throw cold water on the guy before you pick up a chair.

That is one thing I hated about the corporate world is that you have to walk on egg shells all the time.

Sorry guys for all the bull **** posts, I'm just thinking a lot about the job recently as I have to make decisions very soon. I am just going over and over about the reality of the job and not what it seems most people think the job is here. I have to decide if this is what I want to do. I think I'm writing these posts to get more information about by writing how I feel the reality is.

Part of me knows that once you take a job like this you pretty much will limit yourself of becoming very wealthy. You have more of a chance of making it wealthy in the private work force where you can open up a business or something like that. Most of us will not fare better than the FDNY if we went the private job route.

The risk is basically between a fun and good lifestyle job at the FDNY, a terrible life and terrible work hours of a private job which pays similar to FDNY, and making it big in the private sector. Since the odds are low of making it big in the private sector you might as well take the better lifestyle of the FDNY than live a stressful and boring life in the private sector. The other benefit is that with the FDNY you have some free time to make it big with your 2nd job.

To sum this up the best strategy here is to join the FDNY if we don't have a family business to take over or something more concrete that will allow us to make a lot of money. Well that's just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by SirEd; 12-31-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Thread Information