Like Tree12489Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

These probies that tap out ... are they just out of shape ?

Is that it ?

Forum Member

1 Flu
    1 Unknown
    2 Leg Cramps
    1 Shoulder Injury

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strongest to bravest View Post
    The only thing i could tell you is that most people take a very big pay cut switching to FDNY, I was in the private sector myself making more then two times my salary then with DSNY, and also had a company car. I can't even explain how happy i am ,money isn't everything. I'm happy cause i have a stress free job and i know i will never lose my job for some bullshxt reason and the pension and benefits are worth its weight in gold. Private sector there is no loyalty, you could work for a company for 15 years making great money and then your boss decides to let you go cause he can hire a 24 year for a lot less money. Now your in your 40s looking for a new job and nobody wants to pay you a decent salary and plus its harder to find a job when your older. Although i will probably tranfer over to FD cause thats my dream job , having a city job is the way to go now. Plus the sky is the limit with FDNY, you keep mentioning 76 thousand like thats the most you will ever make as a fireman. This is so untrue most top pay firemen make over 100 thousand with overtime and also you can always move up to lieutenant , captain, battalion chief , division chief and so on, the sky is the limit.
    How much time you have with DSNY? What's your list # here? Pm me bud, I've been seriously stressed out and wrestling with the decision to stay at Dsny or go to FD.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    1 Flu
    1 Unknown
    2 Leg Cramps
    1 Shoulder Injury
    Tap out because of leg cramps? Are they given another opportunity?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ruffneck View Post
    i hope so!

Forum Member

ok so how many list numbers will they pass for the next class? this current proby class has 17 weeks to go

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ruffneck View Post
    Yes, they go back Monday, you can only miss 5 days. Anymore, and you are done for this class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    ok so how many list numbers will they pass for the next class? this current proby class has 17 weeks to go
    I thought this class was only 14 weeks now?

On a side note, can someone explain the new changes in the academy - in regards to FST? I saw the department orders that mention there is no FST midterm grade and something else...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MacNCheese View Post
    I thought this class was only 14 weeks now?

On a side note, can someone explain the new changes in the academy - in regards to FST? I saw the department orders that mention there is no FST midterm grade and something else...
    The academy is still 18 weeks. FST is still a part of it. It will represent a certain percentage of your total grade. Everyone recently signed the school rules which had the breakdown in it. I don't fully remember what the precise breakdown was, as we weren't given a copy, but it's posted so maybe after Monday I'll have the exact for you.

Forum Member

FST I think is 25%, but is not critical.

Forum Member

Ok quick question, last part of me filling out the application involves the dates in which I was employed or going to school. I know month and year but I can't possibly figure out the exact day. Some of my jobs closed down so I can't even verify even if I wanted to. The detailed earning statement doesn't have exact dates. Unless you guys have really good memory, how did you guys figure it out? I was thinking about filling out month and year but leaving the day out and see what my investigator says....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grown Simba View Post
    Ok quick question, last part of me filling out the application involves the dates in which I was employed or going to school. I know month and year but I can't possibly figure out the exact day. Some of my jobs closed down so I can't even verify even if I wanted to. The detailed earning statement doesn't have exact dates. Unless you guys have really good memory, how did you guys figure it out? I was thinking about filling out month and year but leaving the day out and see what my investigator says....
    I used exact dates for recent gigs and ones that I could call. For everything else month/year was fine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I used exact dates for recent gigs and ones that I could call. For everything else month/year was fine.

Thanks again bruh
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

For all you guys and girls looking at going in June/July keep running and banging out those push ups. When you think you can't do anymore do another 50. You'll have to do plenty of punishment push ups and we even got to do some celebration ones on Wednesday for NYE. DI's are tough and PT sucks but it's also kind of fun and all well worth it.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

When's the next FAP being scheduled? Late March or early April?

Forum Member

First week wasn't bad at all. It is said that PT gets harder by the day so maybe I will change my mind later on. I would pay more attention on the readings especially if you don't know jack $&@! about the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    First week wasn't bad at all. It is said that PT gets harder by the day so maybe I will change my mind later on. I would pay more attention on the readings especially if you don't know jack $&@! about the job.
    Was there PT every day ?

What is a usual day like for the 1st week ... any info is REALLY appreciated brother.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    Very interested to hear more from your POv. Thanks for sharing.

Forum Member

Default Week 1

Hey friends,

best advice I could offer is focus on ---Isometric exercise--- so far that has been the key and based on hearing "off your knees" and "keep your *** down" over and over I would assume the biggest problem for a lot of folks. I would recommend when doing sets of push ups to stop at every 3rd or 4th and hold position at the top for as long as you possibly can, bust out 3 or 4 more and hold at the bottom as long as you can (well past the body shaking stage). I wish I spent more time focusing on my isometrics as oppose to focusing on hitting high numbered reps.

Grateful to be here and good to luck to everyone in it now and waiting for their shot!

Forum Member

Crossfit women's is on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deluge059 View Post
    Thanks Mom.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND.... *pause* is...

HISTORICALLY, what is the lowest possible score one can get and still have a chance at getting hired? 99, 98, 97? That is if, someone takes the test who doesn't have any preference and misses only one question, do they stand a chance? Or is even scoring 100 not enough.

Catch my drift?
    Realistically, I don't think they will make it past 99 maybe 98 for this list.

There have been 5 classes so far.

1) All EMS
    2) EMS, minority hires, 20 open competitive.
    3) EMS stragglers, open competitive
    4) VERY few EMS stragglers, open competitive.
    5) Open competitive

The current class I believe someone said reached #1920 on the list or so. The first two classes had essentially no open competitive on them. 20 hardly counts. The third class was divided. The last 2 classes were entirely off the open list.

So in two and a half classes for arguments sake, we were able to make it through almost 2000 names. I may be wrong but I believe there are 3 more potential classes? With the remaining classes and the general trend of a widening gap in list numbers/hire as the list gets further from the top, I would say we reach maybe the low 6000s for the final class.

But that's entirely a guess.
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone in the 3000's get an intake packet yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigShawn718 View Post
    Anyone in the 3000's get an intake packet yet?
    nope.... im in the 3000-3015 range

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Realistically, I don't think they will make it past 99 maybe 98 for this list.

There have been 5 classes so far.

1) All EMS
    2) EMS, minority hires, 20 open competitive.
    3) EMS stragglers, open competitive
    4) VERY few EMS stragglers, open competitive.
    5) Open competitive

The current class I believe someone said reached #1920 on the list or so. The first two classes had essentially no open competitive on them. 20 hardly counts. The third class was divided. The last 2 classes were entirely off the open list.

So in two and a half classes for arguments sake, we were able to make it through almost 2000 names. I may be wrong but I believe there are 3 more potential classes? With the remaining classes and the general trend of a widening gap in list numbers/hire as the list gets further from the top, I would say we reach maybe the low 6000s for the final class.

But that's entirely a guess.
    Minimum of 4 classes left
    July 2015, january 2016, july 2016, january 2017. But this is just time lines and it seems like they might fit in more classes due to classes starting earlier each time

Forum Member

Question.. Are there any heavy guys in the academy? I'm 250lbs but running long distances at fast paces is not a problem, and Probly could do as much pushups as Chuck Norris.. Just heard there was a weight requirment based on your height.. Don't wanna be yelled at

Thread Information