Like Tree12523Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    The three classes was approved for FY2015. Which means the department has the funding. Whether they choose to use and appropriate these funds towards facilitating an academy every 20 weeks remains to be determined. But as far as us hearing about it, we wouldn't until the current class is finished seeing as that would be the first class entering in 2015.
    Don't quote me but I believe the fiscal year is July 1st to june 30th
    bkopie and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Don't quote me but I believe the fiscal year is July 1st to june 30th
    FY 2015 is from 7/1/14 - 6/30/15.
    So, as long as the nest class starts before 6/30/15, three classes will have been appointed in FY 2015.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 40&OUT View Post
    FY 2015 is from 7/1/14 - 6/30/15.
    So, as long as the nest class starts before 6/30/15, three classes will have been appointed in FY 2015.
    Thanks for clarifying this, I didn't think about that.

Forum Member

Thanks for clarifying this, I didn't think about that.
    yea the next step is them committing to doing the classes every 20 weeks, like some on here have said. doesn't look like that is gonna happen for this upcoming summer class, but who knows for FY 2016. could be shorter more frequent classes.

Forum Member

First post. Thanks all for all the advise. What does the medical comprise of and for the stair portion what weight do they put on you. I'm sitting at 30xx. Thanks again

Forum Member

Can someone either list all of the required documents for the packet or direct me to the page that contains them?

Forum Member

Can someone either list all of the required documents for the packet or direct me to the page that contains them?
    All the info you need is IN the packet itself. Just read the whole thing. Get as much paperwork together as you can before your intake interview. Your investigator will then tell you what you're missing, and you will have more time to hand in the missing stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J Fitz View Post
    All the info you need is IN the packet itself. Just read the whole thing. Get as much paperwork together as you can before your intake interview. Your investigator will then tell you what you're missing, and you will have more time to hand in the missing stuff.
    Yeah, I know it's in the packet, but I don't have that yet. My ask is that if anyone can remember what page it was listed on, can direct me there so I can get everything in order now. The only thing I'll do right before submission is the SS statement and the driver's abstract.

I don't like waiting till the last minute.

Forum Member

Yeah, I know it's in the packet, but I don't have that yet. My ask is that if anyone can remember what page it was listed on, can direct me there so I can get everything in order now. The only thing I'll do right before submission is the SS statement and the driver's abstract.

I don't like waiting till the last minute.

this was posted a while back. stored it in my email for future reference:

The FDNY Firefighter Process

1. Investigation – Business Dress Attire

THERE IS NO ACTUAL INTERVIEW DURING THIS PROCESS…here are the items you will need. No photocopies, originals only. You may need more or less depending on your specific circumstances but if you walk in with at least this your investigator will be very pleased. MAKE A PHOTOCOPY OF THE PACKET THAT YOU FILLED OUT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS, IT WILL COME IN HANDY LATER.

1. SS card
    2. HS diploma
    3. Birth Certificate
    4. W2 forms 2007-2012
    5. Bank Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    6. Credit Card Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    7. College transcript (still in the sealed envelope DONT BREAK THE SEAL.
    8. NYS drivers abstract
    9. Two recent pay stubs
    10. Most recent 5 years detailed earning statement obtainable from the social security office ($102)
    11. $75 money order
    12. Any mail sent to your house in the last 60 days (previous to your investigation) to prove you still live where you live.
    13. IF APPLICABLE copy of the any summons, convictions, etc along with their disposition from the court.
    14. Three references that are NOT family and NOT affiliated with the FDNY in anyway be it a desk job, firefighter, or retired. You will need their name and mailing address.

ITEMS 4-6 WILL SERVE AS RESIDENCY PROOF – OTHER ITEMS ARE ACCEPTABLE BUT MUST BE APPROVED BY YOUR INVESTIGATOR.

2. CPAT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fGVOl9dQ8

That is exactly it. Nothing else, piece of cake.

• Cpat Letter from DCAS – GYM ATTIRE
    o There will be two dates listed both of which are optional. No matter what day you go in you will go in, watch the above video, and you will be given a walk through of the actual test course. You will not run the course in a timed matter or with a vest on but they will let you go through each station. This will be your experience both days. It will come in paycheck styled envelope where you rip off 3 sides.

• CPAT letter from FDNY, training at the rock - will come regular mail and/or email
    o FIRST DAY IS PAPERWORK, OVERVIEW, AND PICKING WHAT DAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME FOR TRAINING. BUSINESS CASUAL
    o 2ND TIME GYM ATTIRE – you will run through the course but untimed and without a weight vest on
    o Every week after that is gym attire and you will run the course with weighted vest and timed.

• A few weeks into this you should receive your notification for the REAL CPAT EXAM FROM DCAS. There will be 3 dates listed. The first one you pass counts and it is not necessary to report any of the other days listed. It will come in paycheck styled envelope where you rip off 3 sides.

3. Medical - GYM ATTIRE
    You will complete…
    1. Blood test
    2. Urine Test
    3. Baseline set of vitals
    4. Hearing Test
    5. Vision Test
    6. Lung Capacity Test
    7. Oxygen mask Fit test
    8. Chest X-Ray
    9. FDNY doctor consult
    10. PPD shot
    11. EKG
    And 2 other stupid things I can’t think of
    AND THE STAIRMASTER…
    o Start off with 3 minutes on at 60 steps a minute with no weight vest. Your heart rate can not double the heart rate they took on you in step 3 when you first started the whole medical. 5 MINUTE BREAK THEN…
    o Should it not go over double you then put on a 50lb weight vest and go for 5 minutes during which your heart rate can not exceed (220-age)x.9
    o SHOULD YOUR HEART RATE EXCEED ITS LIMIT AT ANY OF THESE POINTS YOU WILL LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY.
    o Return and do the 3 minutes again with no vest, rest 5 minutes. Then even if your heart rate is over the limit during that part you still put on the 50lb vest and must go for 8 minutes and be composed during and immediately after the exam. If you look like you are going to die then you may fail otherwise, if you make the 8 minutes you pass.

4. PSYCH – business casual
    Bring the copy of the your investigation packet because you will need to fill it yet again all your past employment history and such.

The psych is a ridiculously long, something like 500 question, multiple choice test asking you all sorts of nonsense multiple times but worded differently such as…
    o Do you love your mother?
    o Are you afraid of fire?
    o Do you see ghosts?
    o Do you associate with drug dealers?
    o Has such and such every made you mad?

If you are not crazy, you will not have a problem. If there is an issue they will contact you generally within a month or less to schedule an interview with you to see if you really are nuts or just misunderstood something. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

AFTER ALL THAT HAS BEEN DONE YOU ARE ONLY WAITING FOR THE RUN, GOOD LUCK!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grown Simba View Post
    this was posted a while back. stored it in my email for future reference:

The FDNY Firefighter Process

1. Investigation – Business Dress Attire

THERE IS NO ACTUAL INTERVIEW DURING THIS PROCESS…here are the items you will need. No photocopies, originals only. You may need more or less depending on your specific circumstances but if you walk in with at least this your investigator will be very pleased. MAKE A PHOTOCOPY OF THE PACKET THAT YOU FILLED OUT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS, IT WILL COME IN HANDY LATER.

1. SS card
    2. HS diploma
    3. Birth Certificate
    4. W2 forms 2007-2012
    5. Bank Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    6. Credit Card Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    7. College transcript (still in the sealed envelope DONT BREAK THE SEAL.
    8. NYS drivers abstract
    9. Two recent pay stubs
    10. Most recent 5 years detailed earning statement obtainable from the social security office ($102)
    11. $75 money order
    12. Any mail sent to your house in the last 60 days (previous to your investigation) to prove you still live where you live.
    13. IF APPLICABLE copy of the any summons, convictions, etc along with their disposition from the court.
    14. Three references that are NOT family and NOT affiliated with the FDNY in anyway be it a desk job, firefighter, or retired. You will need their name and mailing address.

ITEMS 4-6 WILL SERVE AS RESIDENCY PROOF – OTHER ITEMS ARE ACCEPTABLE BUT MUST BE APPROVED BY YOUR INVESTIGATOR.

2. CPAT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fGVOl9dQ8

That is exactly it. Nothing else, piece of cake.

• Cpat Letter from DCAS – GYM ATTIRE
    o There will be two dates listed both of which are optional. No matter what day you go in you will go in, watch the above video, and you will be given a walk through of the actual test course. You will not run the course in a timed matter or with a vest on but they will let you go through each station. This will be your experience both days. It will come in paycheck styled envelope where you rip off 3 sides.

• CPAT letter from FDNY, training at the rock - will come regular mail and/or email
    o FIRST DAY IS PAPERWORK, OVERVIEW, AND PICKING WHAT DAY YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME FOR TRAINING. BUSINESS CASUAL
    o 2ND TIME GYM ATTIRE – you will run through the course but untimed and without a weight vest on
    o Every week after that is gym attire and you will run the course with weighted vest and timed.

• A few weeks into this you should receive your notification for the REAL CPAT EXAM FROM DCAS. There will be 3 dates listed. The first one you pass counts and it is not necessary to report any of the other days listed. It will come in paycheck styled envelope where you rip off 3 sides.

3. Medical - GYM ATTIRE
    You will complete…
    1. Blood test
    2. Urine Test
    3. Baseline set of vitals
    4. Hearing Test
    5. Vision Test
    6. Lung Capacity Test
    7. Oxygen mask Fit test
    8. Chest X-Ray
    9. FDNY doctor consult
    10. PPD shot
    11. EKG
    And 2 other stupid things I can’t think of
    AND THE STAIRMASTER…
    o Start off with 3 minutes on at 60 steps a minute with no weight vest. Your heart rate can not double the heart rate they took on you in step 3 when you first started the whole medical. 5 MINUTE BREAK THEN…
    o Should it not go over double you then put on a 50lb weight vest and go for 5 minutes during which your heart rate can not exceed (220-age)x.9
    o SHOULD YOUR HEART RATE EXCEED ITS LIMIT AT ANY OF THESE POINTS YOU WILL LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY.
    o Return and do the 3 minutes again with no vest, rest 5 minutes. Then even if your heart rate is over the limit during that part you still put on the 50lb vest and must go for 8 minutes and be composed during and immediately after the exam. If you look like you are going to die then you may fail otherwise, if you make the 8 minutes you pass.

4. PSYCH – business casual
    Bring the copy of the your investigation packet because you will need to fill it yet again all your past employment history and such.

The psych is a ridiculously long, something like 500 question, multiple choice test asking you all sorts of nonsense multiple times but worded differently such as…
    o Do you love your mother?
    o Are you afraid of fire?
    o Do you see ghosts?
    o Do you associate with drug dealers?
    o Has such and such every made you mad?

If you are not crazy, you will not have a problem. If there is an issue they will contact you generally within a month or less to schedule an interview with you to see if you really are nuts or just misunderstood something. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

AFTER ALL THAT HAS BEEN DONE YOU ARE ONLY WAITING FOR THE RUN, GOOD LUCK!
    Lifesaver my man, much appreciated.
    Grown Simba likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Thanks for this. Jumping jacks really? Always felt like a really easy exercise. I'll incorporate that too
    Yeah, it's really easy when you do them by themselves. Now imagine them in the middle of a PT session mixed in between dozens of pushups, burpees and dumbbells.

Forum Member

Medical, feb 5

Forum Member

Does anyone know the Fdny Phonebank number it keeps saying it has been disconnected

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGD1028 View Post
    Medical, feb 5
    When was your intake?

Forum Member

December 18

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SGD1028 View Post
    December 18
    Thanks dude

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Thanks dude
    No problem.
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Forum Member

I've been going for PD processing and they have been telling is that SS just started only giving the statements via online ordering and that it takes up to 3-4 months. If this is true I hope it doesn't slow down processing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I've been going for PD processing and they have been telling is that SS just started only giving the statements via online ordering and that it takes up to 3-4 months. If this is true I hope it doesn't slow down processing.
    This can't be true, I just went in on Jan 2nd and got my statement

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    It will if you do it online. Go in person

Forum Member

Medical 2/13
    INTAKE 12/30

Forum Member

So you guys are all getting medical dates; does this mean that intakes went out to all the remaining 100s(#3338)? Or are the two processes unrelated? I want those intakes out of the way, get some fresh blood in the hiring process. (Shout out to the 99s living the struggle, lol)
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    So you guys are all getting medical dates; does this mean that intakes went out to all the remaining 100s(#3338)? Or are the two processes unrelated? I want those intakes out of the way, get some fresh blood in the hiring process. (Shout out to the 99s living the struggle, lol)
    We are next man.....just a long wait lol
    BD1017 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    We are next man.....just a long wait lol

I'm right here with you guys sitting at 37xx looking fwd to the Cpat orientation
    dwm326 and BD1017 like this.

Forum Member

Feb 10. Medical. 2400s

Thread Information