Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Like Tree9399Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #21901
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    Tuesday the 17
    Guaranteed things will change up then


  2. #21902
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    For the guys going into the academy now, is the medical part pee test, hair, or blood?
    I'm sure I can speak for everyone and say quit what ever you may be doing. I personally don't care what they want from me, hair, blood, urine. Why risk something like a career in the fdny for something silly.

  3. #21903
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    For the guys going into the academy now, is the medical part pee test, hair, or blood?
    You're reeeeal curious about this drug test and steroids huh lol
    bkopie likes this.

  4. #21904
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    For the guys going into the academy now, is the medical part pee test, hair, or blood?
    You seem to ask a lot about the drug test. Why not just quit whatever you're doing? You are subject to random drugs tests throughout your career. I'm sure those steroids have you all big and strong, but go do it the old fashioned way.. Or do they not teach that at the boxing gym you workout at?
    Spiderneck30 and bkopie like this.

  5. #21905
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    325

    Default

    I feel like cops do steroids more than firefighters.

  6. #21906
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I feel like cops do steroids more than firefighters.
    Based on the phenomenal shape of the majority of the NYPD lol in the words of Chris Carter .....C'mon man they test for all that **** now probaly in the 80s and 90s but those days are long gone

  7. #21907
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    How are people measuring the mile and a half? I'm at 9:30 on the treadmill. 10:15 using the mapmyrun app and 10:45 on a quarter mile track.

    I find it harder to run on the treadmill than a track, i would normally run a mile under 7 min on the track and the treadmill i would run a mile pushing it close to 8 min. I feel i get a better stride on the track vs the treadmill which benefits me more, thats just my experience.

  8. #21908
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    For the guys going into the academy now, is the medical part pee test, hair, or blood?
    The hair test is only done once at the initial interview with your investigator; it goes back like 3 months or 3 years or something, I'm not sure. The urine test is done at the medical. There is no blood test.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 06-14-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  9. #21909
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I feel like cops do steroids more than firefighters.
    No, sanitation guys. Definitely the sanitation guys. /sarcasm.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

  10. #21910
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I got a blood test at my medical. And recieved the results.

  11. #21911
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    The hair test is only done once at the initial interview with your investigator; it goes back like 3 months or 3 years or something, I'm not sure. The urine test is done at the medical. There is no blood test.
    Did you experience this yet? I was under the impression only PD did hair

  12. #21912
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    The hair test is only done once at the initial interview with your investigator; it goes back like 3 months or 3 years or something, I'm not sure. The urine test is done at the medical. There is no blood test.

    also don't forget about the spinal tap. goes back 10+ years.

  13. #21913
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    also don't forget about the spinal tap. goes back 10+ years.
    This one goes to 11.
    frankp88 and bkopie like this.

  14. #21914
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    You seem to ask a lot about the drug test. Why not just quit whatever you're doing? You are subject to random drugs tests throughout your career. I'm sure those steroids have you all big and strong, but go do it the old fashioned way.. Or do they not teach that at the boxing gym you workout at?
    Lol nah man, no roids here. Well not yet atleast. The city doesn't test for roids. Haha do they. It teach me that at my boxing gym? You get tested before every fight, and my fights started "counting" once I turned 17 when I was pro prospect. They test you for roids. But thanks for the advice. I do not want to risk my chances on becoming a FF over maryjane
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

  15. #21915
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    And I think they go back 6 months
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

  16. #21916
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    This one goes to 11.
    Don't worry I got that joke...well done seriously I'm chuckling

  17. #21917
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default

    I can't like from my phone lol

  18. #21918
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Lol nah man, no roids here. Well not yet atleast. The city doesn't test for roids. Haha do they. It teach me that at my boxing gym? You get tested before every fight, and my fights started "counting" once I turned 17 when I was pro prospect. They test you for roids. But thanks for the advice. I do not want to risk my chances on becoming a FF over maryjane
    Yeah man. Def not worth it!

  19. #21919
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Did you experience this yet? I was under the impression only PD did hair
    Lol naa there's no hair test. Just wanted to scare Herc
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  20. #21920
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    235

    Default

    How far along did the run letters get? Just found out someone I know got his. His number is 136x

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 24 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 23 guests)

  1. DannyD0pe

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts