Like Tree11339Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrome12211 View Post
    To all the Legal Eagles who follow this thread and have been giving us some great info both on Exam 2000 and 6019, have any of you seen any indication of when the court will review the exam results. Since the results will not be made public until they are reviewed it would give us an indication of time frame. I did a quick google search and found nothing about the review timeline.
    I spoke to a reliable source and they indicated that we will see our scores and list number by sometime in September/October. As of this moment FDNY is trying to put together the promo list. The judge has to approve this test no matter what because of the low head count. In my previous post I said August/September so, my guess is anywhere between aug-oct. Be prepared to recieve letters in between those months.

Btw, FDNY is planning to have a class (promo list) by this January don't know how quick this would be but, that's what I was told at the recruitment center. Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by Fdnytolife4130; 06-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Fdnytolife4130;1330363]I spoke to a reliable source and they indicated that we will see our scores and list number by sometime in September/October. As of this moment FDNY is trying to put together the promo list. The judge has to approve this test no matter what because of the low head count. In my previous post I said August/September so, my guess is anywhere between aug-oct. Be prepared to recieve letters in between those months.

Btw, FDNY is planning to have a class (promo list) by this January don't know how quick this would be but, that's what I was told at the recruitment center. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE

So there's. Nobody but promos in the first class

Forum Member

Exactly...........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    Exactly...........
    I'm calling bull****, that doesn't sound right

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    I spoke to a reliable source and they indicated that we will see our scores and list number by sometime in September/October. As of this moment FDNY is trying to put together the promo list. The judge has to approve this test no matter what because of the low head count. In my previous post I said August/September so, my guess is anywhere between aug-oct. Be prepared to recieve letters in between those months.

Btw, FDNY is planning to have a class (promo list) by this January don't know how quick this would be but, that's what I was told at the recruitment center. Good luck everyone.
    This is the main point to my rebuttal. Need and want are two different things. It's much easier to pay out countless amounts of OT and completely dwindle your resources than to hire new. It's happening even in my small town. Need never trumps budget or the Bench. I hate it as much as you do but we're not potential firemen. We're not even numbers yet. We're a line item on an agenda.

That being said, it stirs up a lot of bad feelings. It stirs up emotions. Emotions are a large part of rumors. See where I'm going with this? If your souce isn't the judge or the Mayor, don't repeat it.
    "Bad information is worse than no information"
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 06-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    CableGuy516 and BKEMT1028 like this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    This is the main point to my rebuttal. Need and want are two different things. It's much easier to pay out countless amounts of OT and completely dwindle your resources than to hire new. It's happening even in my small town. Need never trumps budget or the Bench. I hate it as much as you do but we're not potential firemen. We're not even numbers yet. We're a line item on an agenda.

That being said, it stirs up a lot of bad feelings. It stirs up emotions. Emotions are a large part of rumors. See where I'm going with this? If your souce isn't the judge or the Mayor, don't repeat it.
    "Bad information is worse than no information"
    Yes, lets not start the rumor mill, it will make for a tough process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Yes, lets not start the rumor mill, it will make for a tough process
    Exactly. No offense to anyone, but nobody knows NOTHING. "Reliable sources" mean nothing, and all the rumors getting passed around are about as useful as 9th grade love notes. Let's just stop with the noise and wait until there is signal to process.

Forum Member

Oh and because I know I'll be too bitter to say so when the final numbers come out, good luck to you all! There are a lot of good candidates here.
    CCS1104 and cbolton911 like this.

Forum Member

The promo list WILL be exhausted before open comp gets put into a class. Call the recruitment and diversity center to verify that info, they will tell you the same thing. All I'm saying is keep a look out for some mail from the FDNY during aug-oct just in case they are correct that's all.

Forum Member

1) The judge does not have to do anything, regardless of the headcount.

2) Yes, recruitment has and will tell you that promotionals will be hired first. To my knowledge, since there has been a promotional exam, they were to be hired before any other candidates. However, that generally has not happened. I wouldn't get worked up, even if actually happens. And to note, either way, whether promotionals are all first or dispersed throughout the classes, they all will be hired regardless, should they make it through the process.

3) The list hasn't even been approved yet. No one knows what is going happen, at this point, with anything to do with hiring. The judge remains in control and thus, is the wild card. Many of us should be on the job today. However, we are not. Anything can and will happen, at any time. Until you report to Randall's Island and get sworn in, nothing is official.

4) I've written this before and will again. Do not allow yourselves to get to high or low on any of the information seen here or anywhere else that is not official in some nature. Meaning, unless it comes from a person representing DCAS, the Department or an investigator, it's not reliable.

5) Remember that this is a public message board that can be viewed by ANYBODY. Fair or not, opinions will be likely be formed about us, based on what it written here. Think before you post and conduct yourself as an adult. This is a general statement and not directed at any particular poster.

6) BC Ritchie, Battalion Commander of the 13 Battalion, a fine man who has 44 years on the job, saw his son promoted to BC the other day at the promotional ceremony. The younger Chief Ritchie waited 7 years for the job to appoint him. Now, he's been assigned to work with his Father in the 13, who retires in September.
    Last edited by Minerva; 06-05-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    nycthirteen and FDNYPD like this.

Forum Member

Assuming things go "as planned", how long after the list numbers are released will they run the first set of physical exams? And any idea how many they will take for the physicals?

Thanks to the guys that posted the physical conditioning plans.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    6) BC Ritichie, Battalion Commander of the 13 Battalion, a fine man who has 44 years on the job, saw his son promoted to BC the other day at the promotional ceremony. The younger Chief Ritchie waited 7 years for the job to appoint him. Now, he's been assigned to work with his Father in the 13, who retires in September.
    This is awesome

Forum Member

Anyone going to the meeting tonight ?

Forum Member

Doing this as a reminder.

Jack Dempsey's
    33rd between Broadway/6th and 5th
    730pm
    See you all there
    Bring your questions and yourselves.

Forum Member

Couldnt make it to the meeting tonight. For those of you who did if you could share the details I'm sure a lot of guy on here would appreciate it... My self included of course

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSRNYC View Post
    Couldnt make it to the meeting tonight. For those of you who did if you could share the details I'm sure a lot of guy on here would appreciate it... My self included of course
    Our plot for world domination...

Basically what issues we had with the exam if it's technical issues or questions that were unfair though we didn't go into specifics regarding questions because it still isn't safe to discuss the questions in the open yesterday

Be careful of who we have help take up our cause because there are a lot of people out there that will take our side not because they care about the merit system but because they are legit racist.

No matter what anyone OTJ says about the exam no one knows anything, the only person that knows how this will possibly play out is the judge.

As of right now if the exam is approved, they do plan to exhaust the promotional list before touching the 2000 list.

How we plan to get our message out there and to make sure the candidates on the list are heard.

A lot of points were touched on, it was a great job done by DJ Reverse on on organizing this.
    FDNYPD likes this.

Forum Member

Hey Tom, thanks for the meeting summary. I would have loved to make it myself but was flying back into NYC and didn't land till late.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post

Basically what issues we had with the exam if it's technical issues or questions that were unfair though we didn't go into specifics regarding questions because it still isn't safe to discuss the questions in the open yesterday

Be careful of who we have help take up our cause because there are a lot of people out there that will take our side not because they care about the merit system but because they are legit racist.

No matter what anyone OTJ says about the exam no one knows anything, the only person that knows how this will possibly play out is the judge.

As of right now if the exam is approved, they do plan to exhaust the promotional list before touching the 2000 list.

How we plan to get our message out there and to make sure the candidates on the list are heard.

A lot of points were touched on, it was a great job done by DJ Reverse on on organizing this.
    Thank you for the summary of the meeting really appreciate it.

Forum Member

What "source" told you that "they do plan to exhaust the promo list?"

I find this funny, being that, right before the above sentence you state how nobody except the judge knows anything.

Forum Member

Appreciate the feedback on the meeting, but I was wondering the same thing about exhausting the promo list?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    What "source" told you that "they do plan to exhaust the promo list?"

I find this funny, being that, right before the above sentence you state how nobody except the judge knows anything.
    I could have misheard because they were blasting music below us but everything is pending the judge
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 06-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Forum Member

I could have misheard because they were blasting music below us but everything is pending the judges approval but if everything goes down like it normally would, the city would exhaust the 2500 list before touching the 2000 list. I believe the source was a woman that worked for DCAS and took the last two exams, anyone else that was there, if I'm wrong feel free to clarify or correct what I'm saying. At times it was hard to hear with the music blasting and where I was sitting.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they hire people off the regular list the past 2 exams before exhausting the promotion list? In that case, if things went down as they "normally would," then the first class would be a mix of 2500 and 2000 people, no? I'm not 100% sure of how it went down in the past but I think I remember people saying this was the case. I'm sure the 6019 guys can fill us in on how it has gone down in the past.

Forum Member

I could have misheard because they were blasting music below us but everything is pending the judges approval but if everything goes down like it normally would, the city would exhaust the 2500 list before touching the 2000 list. I believe the source was a woman that worked for DCAS and took the last two exams, anyone else that was there, if I'm wrong feel free to clarify or correct what I'm saying. At times it was hard to hear with the music blasting and where I was sitting.
    DCAS knows squat. Try another source.

I know somebody here was spewing false info about DCAS doing the hiring. DCAS administers the exam, establishes a list and hands it to the FDNY, who then proceeds to hire as they please. DCAS has zilch to do with the actual hiring of candidates. They know nothing about the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they hire people off the regular list the past 2 exams before exhausting the promotion list? In that case, if things went down as they "normally would," then the first class would be a mix of 2500 and 2000 people, no? I'm not 100% sure of how it went down in the past but I think I remember people saying this was the case. I'm sure the 6019 guys can fill us in on how it has gone down in the past.

I don't remember the exact numbers but off the first and only class from 6019 they had about 80-90 promotion spots and around 230 or so from the open competitive. I could be off by just a few numbers but that should be pretty accurate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Since the promo from ems was created, there has never been an all ems class. What does that tell you.

Also, if the FDNY could've, don't you think they would've bargained with garaufis to let them hire off the promo? These people would've been hired regardless, right? So why not hire them in the mean time? Because there's no way in hell garaufis would allow only ems classes to enter because then you'd be keeping minorities out again. I know what you're thinkin, but the ems side is mostly minority, true. Garaufis sees the ems employees as members of the FDNY already, they're in the system as far as he's concerned, they don't count. This is the main reason you will never see only ems classes.

Second reason being the department can't afford to lose that many ems members in such a short period of time. Once the FD hiring kicks into gear, you're looking at over 300 people every 4.5 months. The emt academy is only capable of training that amount in a year, plus they have one of the highest attrition rates of all city employees because, quite frankly, that job sucks.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information