Like Tree11921Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Thats Horseshett ... i signed up with our discount as FDNY candidates, $30 a month locked in for life. I spoke to the guy at the front desk and he gave me the number ... Talent Sports International I think ...
    I'll look into it again but I'm pretty sure thats the corporate number I called.

Forum Member

I don't post that much here but do check pretty often to keep up to date with where things are. This thread used to be full of useful information and contributions from guys OTJ and in the academy (if they had time).

Every few months someone comes and derails the **** out of the thread, if we stop quoting going back and forth it will go away like always.

Forum Member

Gents. What's the attire for the intake interview?

Forum Member

What's up guys...seems like silent majority has ****ed people off lol just take it easy silent and watch your mouth dude... Anyway, anybody know how long you have to be on the stair master for the medical? Thanks fellas

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    it's not mandatory but 98% of the candidates go suited up and freshly shaved/trimmed. you want to leave a good impression and that you're serious about the job.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    Attire should be professional/semi professional. pants jacket tie, something presentable. But really doesn't matter, seems like the standards to be hired are 0-none, if you show up in shorts and a tee shirt they will say something but it won't make a difference in the long run.

Believe the stair master is 3 minute warm up... 5 minute break.....5:12 with 50LB vest on.... Give or take.

With the silent majority guy, just ignore him. Sad to say people like him will go through the process/get the job and you will work with people like him. Its life. He seems like a far left personality just looking to come here and get a rise out of people, and he is doing a good job. he is a POS or playing a good POS just ignore his posts and he will become irrelevant.

G-Luck

Forum Member

Let's not let one or two ruin this for us. Hoping my letter for the psych comes soon.

Spoke with my investigator to schedule a time to drop of paperwork. No news is good news
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Let's not let one or two ruin this for us. Hoping my letter for the psych comes soon.

Spoke with my investigator to schedule a time to drop of paperwork. No news is good news
    Did you complete your medical ? How was it from your POV ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Did you complete your medical ? How was it from your POV ?
    Not yet bro. Feb 10

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grown Simba View Post
    i think the problem here is that you're far too in touch with your own reality and because of it, you're mentally frustrated that no one is living it with you. The only thing you are shining light to is your own psychological projection in which you unconsciously use a self-defense mechanism while unconsciously trying to attribute your own internal issues onto someone or something else in this forum as a form of delusion and denial. Because of this, it is very difficult for a person like you to be able to clarify the reality of the situation. You find a way to inject your own negative thoughts by repressing and then trying to attribute them to someone else through this forum, and with weak sarcasm at that.

The fact that you mention fdny salary numbers vs. living conditions in new york as a basis for your argument as if they are both set in stone makes me wonder if you ever lived here aside from moving here recently to make an extra few dollars but can't seem to find a way to be happy with what you're getting/doing.

You see the job beneath you yet you're still pursuing it, which is another internal issue. You take up an idea which illustrates that you are a person to say things that many of people would love to say but remain silent for their own benefit (which i myself have done before with the topic of marriage on paper for example) but you see that people don't remain silent here, in fact, practically everyone disagrees with you. I see the point that you are trying to make but you get all sensitive when people try to tell you that you are wrong. Especially people who lived here their whole lives that know how the city works and know that there would be thousands of FF on strike if they can't afford to live here (salaries are not set in stone btw, they need to put these numbers up for legal purposes). Most of them are very happy with what they do actually.

I've spoken to 3 ff's who made over 100k in as little as 3 years. One of them in 2 years and he just got promoted to lieutenant with 14 years in the game, that's 12 years getting 6 figs and counting. Regardless of salary though, if you're heart is not in it to take on this job no matter what you're getting paid, this is not for you. They repeatedly mention this at rock training. You can make this same amount in your finance world so might as well stay there and be happy. Instead of pushing your own ish onto someone else, look in the mirror and try to deal with yourself first, let it marinate. Let me know how that goes baby Nixon. Until then, keep your irrational, self-projecting thoughts to yourself.
    Damn it, where's that AMEN button at?
    dwm326 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

Medical Feb 5, Psych Feb 21
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad0904 View Post
    Medical Feb 5, Psych Feb 21
    Never mind.
    Last edited by 4040clubBouncer; Yesterday at 05:23 PM. Reason: Used the search function in this forum

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grown Simba View Post

I've spoken to 3 ff's who made over 100k in as little as 3 years. One of them in 2 years and he just got promoted to lieutenant with 14 years in the game, that's 12 years getting 6 figs and counting. Regardless of salary though, if you're heart is not in it to take on this job no matter what you're getting paid, this is not for you. They repeatedly mention this at rock training. You can make this same amount in your finance world so might as well stay there and be happy. Instead of pushing your own ish onto someone else, look in the mirror and try to deal with yourself first, let it marinate. Let me know how that goes baby Nixon. Until then, keep your irrational, self-projecting thoughts to yourself.
    It just stands out to me that no one on the thread seems to take any of that into consideration. The few people that agreed with me were blasted on the forum. Which is kind of sad and disturbing if that's the kind of behavior that they'll see otj.

Forum Member

Never met a firefighter who complained about their job. Everyone else I've met, weather it be in the private field or another city job. HATEESSSSSSSS THEIR JOB!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Majority View Post
    It just stands out to me that no one on the thread seems to take any of that into consideration. The few people that agreed with me were blasted on the forum. Which is kind of sad and disturbing if that's the kind of behavior that they'll see otj.
    Dude, we get it. You have financial problems, we all have financial issues one time or another. Its a thing in life. I'm on here everyday and I have yet to see anyone quote/reply that supports any of your statements.
    Last edited by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City; Yesterday at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information