Like Tree11963Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    I'll look into it again but I'm pretty sure thats the corporate number I called.
    Town sports international

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    crap i have one sealed but i thought i needed it sent .. o well they will have two of mine ha
    Ha better to be overprrpared than under
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys can anyone help clarify to me how the medical goes? Have it on tuesday, i have a good idea but id rather hear it from someone whos been through it

Forum Member

And the psychological while were at it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyMedic92 View Post
    Hey guys can anyone help clarify to me how the medical goes? Have it on tuesday, i have a good idea but id rather hear it from someone whos been through it
    Show up at least 30 mins early (yes I know it starts early but you don't want to be the one who comes in late). You go over a bunch of forms in a packet that is handed to you by the guy in charge. You then go up to the medical floor and start the process (vision, hearing, pulmonary, stairs, etc). After everything is done you sit in a room and for those who failed the stairs you reschedule a day for you to come back within 30 days. You can not leave the metrotech building so pack a small lunch because they have a tiny store that doesn't have much food in th elobby. Everyone leaves together and be prepared to stay a full day. I think I remember leaving at 2 or 3.

Edit: I may be wrong about this but you need to also bring a money or get something notarized don't forget to bring that. I may be confusing it with something else sorry really long day.
    Last edited by fndyoneday; 01-29-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    Grown Simba likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Majority View Post
    Excellent example.....both of those guys have since been terminated. One is a repeat felon. Keep up the good detective work....

The "teaching" you'll get in the firehouse will be very real, but hopefully you'll never know.

Stop making comparisons to this life and the private sector. We deal with lives here and in dangerous and demanding circumstances. Drilling and being tought with a tough hand is how we learn. It's also how we test your will. If you can take some tough-love in the firehouse, perhaps you'll be more reliable under the pressure of a real fire or emergency.

Another thing to remember is the fact that this organization has operated with distinction and earned it's reputation as being the most effective fire department anyone can ask for. I didn't create that reputation, 150 years of people before me did. We all just hope to continue to carry the torch. Nothing happens to anyone that didn't happen to anyone before them. What do you want? Sympathy? A gentler hand? You won't get that from any of us. I've been around for 8 years and I still get my chops busted everyday, like everyone else. It's all part of the family love that we're lucky enough to share.

Change for this job, this life. Don't expect it to change for you.

It's a unique environment, that you know nothing about. So please, stop with the know-it-all statements.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 01-29-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyMedic92 View Post
    You'll spend essentially half the day there. You'll go through the standard battery of tests (as you will every year for the duration of your career). The include the following:

Pulmonary
    EKG
    Eye test
    hearing test
    vaccinations
    height/weight
    heart rate (stair-master)
    urinalysis
    health survey
    Doctor Consult at the end to review your results

Most common reasons for failing:
    Heart rate exceeds 90% of max
    over weight

You need to keep your weight in check or they'll bring you back again in 30 days. The same holds true for the stairs and your heart rate. If you fail (and many do), you'll be brought back in 30 +/- days. They'll run you through those again with a closer eye.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    crap i have one sealed but i thought i needed it sent .. o well they will have two of mine ha
    Better for you. They prefer it sent from the college but if it happened to get lost in the mail or whatever, you have your backup.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Good afternoon everyone.
    4 tips on the intake interview

1) Definitely wear a suit or at least slacks. button-down shirt and a tie.
    2) BRING A PEN
    3) DO NOT BE LATE - letter says be there at 8AM.... so be there @ 7
    4) Start gathering your 2010 - 2011 residency proof points NOW!

They are being real tuff on the proof of residency points.
    You need a total of 35 "points" to prove residency and get the points you said you are entitled to.
    You can get 12 points for a full years’ worth of checking / savings for the time periods between 7/1/10 through 7/1/11.
    Please keep in mind that they are NOT accepting checking AND savings accounts from the same institution!
    This is a problem because most banks / credit companies do not store information today for this far back.. Basically they will tell you that they have to pull it from their "archives" and will charge you 5 dollars per statement.
    So basically you need 12 months checking / savings and 12 months credit card statements from 2 credit cards companies or a cell phone statement.
    This was an issue for me because I was laid off at the start of the recession in 09 and didn’t find a new career until late 2010.
    Therefore I have no lease, no mortgage, no w2's.
    I only had checking / credit card and cell statements.
    Take my advice Gather the documents now….. each month that goes by is another month your bank / credit card and cell company moves 1 month further and a prior month goes into archives.
    I spent 120 bucks having them "unarchive" it all for me and send it.
    Last edited by Geschaefer; Yesterday at 04:50 PM.

Forum Member

So did you end up getting the residency Geschafeaer? Just curious of flexibility.

FD south Bronx what is the urine anaylasia for? Kidneys? Or drug test?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So did you end up getting the residency Geschafeaer? Just curious of flexibility.

They approved 12 months of my checking; but I had to scramble and pay for another 12 months of old credit card statements and 8 months of cell phone statements.
    Im going to email my investigator the items i had to pay for when they arrive.
    At the moment; I have not "proved" residency yet. Im hoping to have it cleared up early next week.
    I know a lot of us had it rough financially in 2010 and 2011 - I want to get the word out to start gathering the docs now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    They approved 12 months of my checking; but I had to scramble and pay for another 12 months of old credit card statements and 8 months of cell phone statements.
    Im going to email my investigator the items i had to pay for when they arrive.
    At the moment; I have not "proved" residency yet. Im hoping to have it cleared up early next week.
    I know a lot of us had it rough financially in 2010 and 2011 - I want to get the word out to start gathering the docs now.

yeah man, that recession hit alot of us. i was laid off for about 6 months and had to settle for a crappy job til i found a new one in my career. one thing that would work for is a lease from that time period in which you lived, whether parents and/or relatives/friend, plus 2 notarized letters stating financial support from you and whoever was supporting you during that time period which would be the lease holder from that time i assume. Solved the problem for me as far as residency goes.
    Geschaefer likes this.

Forum Member

It's for drugs
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    Good afternoon everyone.
    4 tips on the intake interview

1) Definitely wear a suit or at least slacks. button-down shirt and a tie.
    2) BRING A PEN
    3) DO NOT BE LATE - letter says be there at 8AM.... so be there @ 7
    4) Start gathering your 2010 - 2011 residency proof points NOW!

They are being real tuff on the proof of residency points.
    You need a total of 35 "points" to prove residency and get the points you said you are entitled to.
    You can get 12 points for a full years’ worth of checking / savings for the time periods between 7/1/10 through 7/1/11.
    Please keep in mind that they are NOT accepting checking AND savings accounts from the same institution!
    This is a problem because most banks / credit companies do not store information today for this far back.. Basically they will tell you that they have to pull it from their "archives" and will charge you 5 dollars per statement.
    So basically you need 12 months checking / savings and 12 months credit card statements from 2 credit cards companies or a cell phone statement.
    This was an issue for me because I was laid off at the start of the recession in 09 and didn’t find a new career until late 2010.
    Therefore I have no lease, no mortgage, no w2's.
    I only had checking / credit card and cell statements.
    Take my advice Gather the documents now….. each month that goes by is another month your bank / credit card and cell company moves 1 month further and a prior month goes into archives.
    I spent 120 bucks having them "unarchive" it all for me and send it.
    Do you know any other "points" values? Like is a w2 also 12 points? etc.

I have like 6 proofs, my only concern is addresses. My cell phone bill has my old work address for 3 of the 12 months, CC bill has parent's address, w2, checking acct both have my apartment address. All are in NYC. Not sure if CID will think it's shady or let it pass.

Forum Member

Medical feb 19

26xx
    Grown Simba likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Medical feb 19

26xx
    Nice!.....good luck man! Im sure you are gonna kill it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Medical feb 19

26xx

See u there
    26xx

Forum Member

Finally lol medical feb 20th

26xx

Forum Member

Slow news day. Anymore psych letters go out today? Anyone in the 2500s with one?

Forum Member

The do regular lab tests on your urine sample, but also more importantly they do a drug screening. If I'm not mistaken they test you for drugs every time you do your medical (which is annually) and can also test randomly at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I've been around for 8 years and I still get my chops busted everyday, like everyone else. It's all part of the family love that we're lucky enough to share.
    Can't stress this enough. You don't get your balls busted because you're a probie, you get em busted because everyone does. One of the best parts of getting off probation is being able to join in the fun there. Really though, often times you get your balls busted even more when you're doing something good. That's just how it goes. If you can't take a little heat in the kitchen how are you going to perform when there are people hanging off the fire escapes.
    Grown Simba likes this.

Forum Member

Yea but if you weren't getting your balls busted you'd be doing menial labor for silent majority in the private sector. So it's a trade off

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yea but if you weren't getting your balls busted you'd be doing menial labor for silent majority in the private sector. So it's a trade off
    Hahahaha ����
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

I've begun reading the EMS/CFR manual. Anyone else on this? Seems pretty straight forward. Easier than the probie manual in a way

Forum Member

I already paid for my bank card statement. I have a credit card that I haven't used that I can try to get a statement for but it will be blank? Then I have w2s but that's it no Jesse or cell in my name.

Thread Information