Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    If anyone wants I have the probie manual printer from online. Obviously dont need it now that im in the summer class...

If anyone wants it hmu with a pm. I live in queens and you gotta be willing to pick it up
    Congrats and what did I do the run in? Or did u blend in?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Congrats and what did I do the run in? Or did u blend in?
    lol i wont say

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I am not slated for July, or anything for that matter. But have been looking through the manual and their study program. I am humble enough to admit that it is a lot of information with a lot of minute details. Each week is a hell of a lot of reading if you actually try and retain it all, which I know I'm not. Does anybody else feel that way?

http://imgur.com/BAhqsfl
    My friend who went through the academy said he read for about 60-90 minutes a night for the first month or two (I forget how long exactly). After a certain point it became more hands on.

Seems manageable, hour or so of reading a night - he didn't have the manual in advance either.

Forum Member

lol i wont say

Forgive me since this is my first post, but I've been following this thread for a while. All this talk about how you'll destroy and smash everything put in your way but you're too humble to say your time? Haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsnMets View Post
    Forgive me since this is my first post, but I've been following this thread for a while. All this talk about how you'll destroy and smash everything put in your way but you're too humble to say your time? Haha.
    no...it will give away who i am and i dont want to make that public

Forum Member

Can someone repost the link to the complete proby manual? I'm going to out that in my phone and considering printing it

Forum Member

no...it will give away who i am and i dont want to make that public
    7:55 is legit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Can someone repost the link to the complete proby manual? I'm going to out that in my phone and considering printing it
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/owd3tej1ro...Y%20MANUAL.pdf
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsnMets View Post
    ...All this talk about how you'll destroy and smash everything put in your way...
    Again, I know nothing. But from what I have been able to gather over the years, nobody should be saying things of such nature when it comes to the academy. Humility is a virtue sometimes. This seems to be one of them...

Forum Member

He must be the 7:55 guy.

But they don't tell you your times. You just run and either make it or you don't. I just happened to over hear the DI say it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    He must be the 7:55 guy.

But they don't tell you your times. You just run and either make it or you don't. I just happened to over hear the DI say it.
    On Tuesdays run the chief of personnel called out my time when I past him and that was a few seconds before the finish
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Def 7:55 knowing his workouts, didn't expect any less since he trained very hard according to his workouts

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I cant believe this hasnt always been the protocol. Alerting the Fire Department of a possible explosion seems like a no brainer to me. The gas people can show up also of course but if the damn thing explodes wtf are they gonna do? Call the FD now??? AFTER the explosion?? When you already knew that an explosion was very likely?
    You'll revoke this post after you graduate... Gas calls may now exceed EMS lol

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    You'll revoke this post after you graduate... Gas calls may now exceed EMS lol
    Lol im not necessarily for it, like i said id rather work on a faster response from Con Ed b4 going the 'Always FD' route, just surprised that they havent already tried that and that and if not, why this hasnt always been the protocol.

My REAL concern is washing the rig lol. Idk how it works but if the rig has to washed down even after false alarms then im gonna have a whole lot of washing to do lol.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Whats the deal with eating in academy? Can u keep snacks in your pocket? If so, anyone have any recommendations of a good protien bar or something that will keep you going?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Whats the deal with eating in academy? Can u keep snacks in your pocket? If so, anyone have any recommendations of a good protien bar or something that will keep you going?
    Idk about the snacks protocol but I love the exo bars. They are gluten free. Have 10 g of protein. Not a lot of sugar. And made with great ingredients. The thing is they flour they use is made from crickets. Get past that and you'll have a great snack. Sweet and savory flavors
    vekdoggs75 and FFleak like this.

Forum Member

Idk about the snacks protocol but I love the exo bars. They are gluten free. Have 10 g of protein. Not a lot of sugar. And made with great ingredients. The thing is they flour they use is made from crickets. Get past that and you'll have a great snack. Sweet and savory flavors
    I've recently been trying new ones in anticipation of being in July's class. 90% of these bars are coated in chocolate so there's no way they'd hold up in the heat. The bar I've settled on is the Quest bars. I like the cookies and cream one. High in protein and fiber, low in sugar and carbs. Only downside is the high sodium contact and even that isn't too crazy. Any of these bars for the most part will be high in sodium anyway to make them last longer.

Forum Member

Cliff bars were big in my class.

Someone mentioned the heat melting any kind of chocolate bar and that's absolutely correct. I was winter so I really didn't have to deal with that but the nature valley bars are good too and wont melt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I've recently been trying new ones in anticipation of being in July's class. 90% of these bars are coated in chocolate so there's no way they'd hold up in the heat. The bar I've settled on is the Quest bars. I like the cookies and cream one. High in protein and fiber, low in sugar and carbs. Only downside is the high sodium contact and even that isn't too crazy. Any of these bars for the most part will be high in sodium anyway to make them last longer.
    You guys are sweating the small stuff when in reality you are going to burn more calories than you eat no matter what you are eating. Just pick something that will hold up to the heat/being tossed around in your bag that tastes good to you.

Forum Member

Quest bars all day!
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Thread Information