Like Tree12489Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Hey guys, were would I go to get court dispositions? 100 centre st??
    yea thats only for the manhattan arrests/convictions. if you got arrested in any other county (bronx, bk, staten island, etc.) you have to go to that specific county court to get other dispositions. google the courts for each county and you'll know where to go
    Team2strong likes this.

Forum Member

I thought it was 3 minutes no vest and your HR can't double what it was in the morning when they first check you. So if your HR is 65 when you come in it cannot pass 130 when you do the 3 minutes. Then if you pass that it cannot go over the 220-age x.9.

I've been told by many people that most people fail during the 3 minute. Especially if you go in with a very low heart rate. Practice with 50lbs for 10 mins and you'll be good
    If I fail the first part then w.e b/c I know I can stay on for 8 minutes and still look good just sweaty

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    With you here on this ... steps are tiny. Frequently stub my toe on the step mill.

Is it literally impossible to pass the stair master on the 1st try ?
    It's not impossible but if at your medical there are 30 people most likely 5 or less will pass the first time. Stubbing the toe is what makes it fun lol

Just train for the 8 minutes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
    I thought it was 3 minutes no vest and your HR can't double what it was in the morning when they first check you. So if your HR is 65 when you come in it cannot pass 130 when you do the 3 minutes. Then if you pass that it cannot go over the 220-age x.9.

I've been told by many people that most people fail during the 3 minute. Especially if you go in with a very low heart rate. Practice with 50lbs for 10 mins and you'll be good
    If I fail the first part then w.e b/c I know I can stay on for 8 minutes and still look good just sweaty
    I'm in pretty good shape and I still failed the first time around. I saw people who looked to be in incredible shape not get pass the 3 minutes without the vest not because they couldn't do it but because of the HR

Like you said just practice for 8 mins and you'll be fine. My second time doing it my HR went over right at 4:50 lol but since I was training at 12-15 mins 8 mins was a breeze

Forum Member

I was one of like 3 guys who passed at mine. I can't stress enough that you need to focus on your breathing and don't lose control of it. Just slow breaths in and out without huffing and puffing. Keep a cadence in your head. There were guys in much better shape than me who lost control of their breathing and had to come back. It's easily avoidable.

Forum Member

Earlier I went to the gym and did
    5 min with no vest
    10 min with 52.5lb vest @ 60 spm
    10 min no vest @ 70 spm
    6 min with 52.5lb vest @ 60 spm

Forum Member

Earlier I went to the gym and did
    5 min with no vest
    10 min with 52.5lb vest @ 60 spm
    10 min no vest @ 70 spm
    6 min with 52.5lb vest @ 60 spm
    How was your heart rate?

Forum Member

Guys. Who has a medical tomorrow. You know the drill. Ask what list numbers they got to for this round of medicals - or anticipate reaching. Any insight on the list number they'll reach for the next class.

Any fails or no shows for the medical too.

Good luck to everyone who is getting the turn and cough this month!
    fndyoneday and Grown Simba like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Hey guys, were would I go to get court dispositions? 100 centre st??
    They didnt give you a sheet with all the addresses? Thats for manhattan. What borough do you need to go to?

I really hope theres nothing extra on my dispositions when I go get it lol. I put down all the ones I could remember but after a couple days I remembered of another time that I got a summons but am 75% sure it was dismissed. Was for riding bike on the side walk.

With previous employment, there was a job that came up on my earnings statement that I did not include in the application which I already handed in. Totally forgot about it because I only worked there for like 2 days and never went back haha. Was many years ago, I think it was like my 2nd job.
    Last edited by IpissonFIRES; 02-02-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I was one of like 3 guys who passed at mine. I can't stress enough that you need to focus on your breathing and don't lose control of it. Just slow breaths in and out without huffing
    and puffing. Keep a cadence in your head. There were guys in much better shape than me who lost control of their breathing and had to come back. It's easily avoidable.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's the difference between breathing and hugging and puffing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but what's the difference between breathing and hugging and puffing?
    You need a hug champ ? I got you ... LoL.

Controlled breathing is ... well ... when you're in full control of the breaths you take.

Breathe in, Breathe out. A cadence helps, counting in your head for rhythm.

" huffing and puffing " is panting ... where you're basically sucking in air and blowing it out ... no rhythm, nothing. All over the fffff place.

Forum Member

Been curious. Do all firehouses have gyms in them?
    Last edited by IpissonFIRES; 02-02-2015 at 11:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    They have excercise equipment. Some look like gyms, others look like a room with equipment in it. LOL
    IpissonFIRES, Rapiyiyi and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    Good afternoon everyone.
    4 tips on the intake interview

1) Definitely wear a suit or at least slacks. button-down shirt and a tie.
    2) BRING A PEN
    3) DO NOT BE LATE - letter says be there at 8AM.... so be there @ 7
    4) Start gathering your 2010 - 2011 residency proof points NOW!

They are being real tuff on the proof of residency points.
    You need a total of 35 "points" to prove residency and get the points you said you are entitled to.
    You can get 12 points for a full years’ worth of checking / savings for the time periods between 7/1/10 through 7/1/11.
    Please keep in mind that they are NOT accepting checking AND savings accounts from the same institution!
    This is a problem because most banks / credit companies do not store information today for this far back.. Basically they will tell you that they have to pull it from their "archives" and will charge you 5 dollars per statement.
    So basically you need 12 months checking / savings and 12 months credit card statements from 2 credit cards companies or a cell phone statement.
    This was an issue for me because I was laid off at the start of the recession in 09 and didn’t find a new career until late 2010.
    Therefore I have no lease, no mortgage, no w2's.
    I only had checking / credit card and cell statements.
    Take my advice Gather the documents now….. each month that goes by is another month your bank / credit card and cell company moves 1 month further and a prior month goes into archives.
    I spent 120 bucks having them "unarchive" it all for me and send it.
    I really do hope that they are accepting checking AND credit from the same institution or else I'm F**Ked.

Forum Member

Hey does anyone know what happens if you don't have all your vaccination records? I can't get a hold of my most current records but I have everything from 2009 back..

Forum Member

I don't have any... :/ lol

Forum Member

Don't have a heart rate monitor. I'm thinking about buying one called Polar H7 Bluetooth Hr Monitor in best buy. Idk though. I've been trying to practice on my breathing, is it bad to breathe in through your mouth. When I put on my vest it makes it a bit more difficult to breath thriugh my nose.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt6586 View Post
    I really do hope that they are accepting checking AND credit from the same institution or else I'm F**Ked.
    Me too, does anyone know if they do,

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt6586 View Post
    You. can only use one. my investigator told me I can only use my checking or savings.

Has anyone heard from their investigator in regards to being handed off to another investigator?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    You. can only use one. my investigator told me I can only use my checking or savings.

Has anyone heard from their investigator in regards to being handed off to another investigator?
    You CAN use checking and credit statements from the same bank

You can only use one checking or savings

I remember at my medical a few guys were handed off to another investigator but wasn't sure who. They asked the guy in charge of running the medical and he found out who there new investigators were.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    You CAN use checking and credit statements from the same bank

You can only use one checking or savings

I remember at my medical a few guys were handed off to another investigator but wasn't sure who. They asked the guy in charge of running the medical and he found out who there new investigators were.
    Well then I supposed that's another thing I was misinformed about. Sorry, just relaying what my inveatigator told me

Forum Member

From my understanding of intake, you can only use checking and savings if they're from different institutions. you can't use accounts from the same institution as they will only count it as one
    fndyoneday likes this.

Forum Member

I just spoke with my college and they said they destroyed my immunization records. Lol its been awhile. Does your investigator request them or is that needed in the medical? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    I've never been to one that doesn't. However, the extent and quality will vary. The cost of equipment and maintenance is on us, so it's always limited. Sometimes you get lucky and can get some stuff donated from a gym that is upgrading or something.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Well then I supposed that's another thing I was misinformed about. Sorry, just relaying what my inveatigator told me
    Actually you're right my bad long morning so far. I used a separate credit card and checking account from different banks. Sorry for the confusion
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Thread Information