Like Tree9841Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #2776
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Sorry, I meant cutting corners in the hiring process.

    Like vek said, it's long process.
    Feb-may 2008, not that long.......
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  2. #2777
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Feb-may 2008, not that long.......
    Haven't seen you in a while Sleepy, how'd you do on 2000?

  3. #2778
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Slow news day, just an updated article about our favorite corrupt judge and another reason to hate him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...sEnabled=false

    The fact that Cohen and Garufis have a history together should alone be enough to get him thrown off this case. How this guy exists in modern society is beyond me.

  4. #2779
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Slow news day, just an updated article about our favorite corrupt judge and another reason to hate him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...sEnabled=false

    The fact that Cohen and Garufis have a history together should alone be enough to get him thrown off this case. How this guy exists in modern society is beyond me.
    Na it's not because they know each other that Goofus picked him...it's because he charges such a great hourly rate!

  5. #2780
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Slow news day, just an updated article about our favorite corrupt judge and another reason to hate him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...sEnabled=false

    The fact that Cohen and Garufis have a history together should alone be enough to get him thrown off this case. How this guy exists in modern society is beyond me.

    Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise. The best way to get a part of the public who normally wouldn't care about this issue to take a stand would be to see tax dollars wasted, esp at a time like this. It really feels like the judge and this lawyer/monitor are starting to dig their own grave.

  6. #2781
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    well I was on the fence as to who I would vote for this year, but now this makes it much easier


    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...more-teachers/

  7. #2782
    Forum Member
    SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Haven't seen you in a while Sleepy, how'd you do on 2000?
    ok man, thanks for asking, total questions missed were in the single digits, and less than i missed on 6019 as far as i can remmeber, you? the wild card is the judge as we all know.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  8. #2783
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Does any one have the merit matters email. I can't find it on the site.

    In looking for mannixes story about how he got screwed by this same bull**** on the police department, since in always talking about this trend and all my friends are cops. Thanks. He's my hero.

  9. #2784
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Our plot for world domination...


    Basically what issues we had with the exam if it's technical issues or questions that were unfair though we didn't go into specifics regarding questions because it still isn't safe to discuss the questions in the open yesterday

    Be careful of who we have help take up our cause because there are a lot of people out there that will take our side not because they care about the merit system but because they are legit racist.

    No matter what anyone OTJ says about the exam no one knows anything, the only person that knows how this will possibly play out is the judge.

    As of right now if the exam is approved, they do plan to exhaust the promotional list before touching the 2000 list.

    How we plan to get our message out there and to make sure the candidates on the list are heard.

    A lot of points were touched on, it was a great job done by DJ Reverse on on organizing this.
    Thanks for the summary would have loved to make it but couldn't

  10. #2785
    Forum Member
    FdnytolifeE293's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!
    Posts
    379

    Default

    In the meantime, while we all wait for this Circus to be over, enjoy this video.

    http://www.fireengineering.com/artic...ter-video.html

  11. #2786
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    The promo list WILL be exhausted before open comp gets put into a class. Call the recruitment and diversity center to verify that info, they will tell you the same thing. All I'm saying is keep a look out for some mail from the FDNY during aug-oct just in case they are correct that's all.
    This is not correct.

    What is fact:
    -We are below head count.
    -A scoring method has yet to be made public.
    -This case is up for review on appeal on 6/26. Perhaps this judge won't matter.
    -Whenever the job does hire, they will hire continuously for the life of the list.

    They will not promote off the EMS list exclusively before using the open competitive list. Could they push one small class of promos through? Perhaps. However, EMS can't afford to lose that many people all at once. No one knows nothing, this is the only completely true statement thus far. The rest is either B.S. or, as I wrote above, a good educated guess.
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

  12. #2787
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    ok man, thanks for asking, total questions missed were in the single digits, and less than i missed on 6019 as far as i can remmeber, you? the wild card is the judge as we all know.
    As far as I could tell from the review I did pretty well. Depends a bit on how heavily weighted section 5 is though, but i should be fine. Hoping there aren't anymore hiccups on the 26th when City is in front of the judge. Do we know if this is a public thing we can get a group together to attend?

  13. #2788
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    As far as I could tell from the review I did pretty well. Depends a bit on how heavily weighted section 5 is though, but i should be fine. Hoping there aren't anymore hiccups on the 26th when City is in front of the judge. Do we know if this is a public thing we can get a group together to attend?


    June 26th 10AM 500 Pearl ST in Lower Manhattan......Judge will fInally be held accountable for his actions!!!


    6019 NEVER DYING ALWAYS BREATHING!!!

    Please come show your support for the city and 6019!

  14. #2789
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    June 26th 10AM 500 Pearl ST in Lower Manhattan......Judge will fInally be held accountable for his actions!!!


    6019 NEVER DYING ALWAYS BREATHING!!!

    Please come show your support for the city and 6019!
    im sorry but what exactly do people expect is going to happen on the 26th?

  15. #2790
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSRNYC View Post
    im sorry but what exactly do people expect is going to happen on the 26th?
    He city's intentional discrimination case will be heard by the second circuit court. Keep your fingers crossed that they stay this judges decision and replace him on this case.

    As for 6019....I don't know, that might be dead.

  16. #2791
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Didn't 6019 expire like..this week or this month?

  17. #2792
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    He city's intentional discrimination case will be heard by the second circuit court. Keep your fingers crossed that they stay this judges decision and replace him on this case.

    As for 6019....I don't know, that might be dead.

    If the judge gets expelled and they dont bring 6019 for at least one class....all hell will break loose.......Can you imagine the lawsuits that will follow????


    6019 Never Dying Always Breathing...We will fight to the END!

  18. #2793
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    He city's intentional discrimination case will be heard by the second circuit court. Keep your fingers crossed that they stay this judges decision and replace him on this case.

    As for 6019....I don't know, that might be dead.
    Can you explain this more thoroughl for some one like me? how likely are they to be objective and not care about making the judge look bad? does this happen often? In the past has less obvious abuse of power been overturned often?

  19. #2794
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Can you explain this more thoroughl for some one like me? how likely are they to be objective and not care about making the judge look bad? does this happen often? In the past has less obvious abuse of power been overturned often?
    from the few lawyers ive spoken to they all seemed to agree having the judge removed from the case was unlikely. however, having his rulings overturned is a possibility.

  20. #2795
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Can you explain this more thoroughl for some one like me? how likely are they to be objective and not care about making the judge look bad? does this happen often? In the past has less obvious abuse of power been overturned often?
    As was stated, having the case reassigned is unlikely, overturning his desicion is more possible.

    As for 6019, it's dead and there won't be any hell or lawsuits. Look, I feel for anyone who won't be hired from that list, but it's 4 years are up anyway. As a matter of fact, guy in my firehouse from that list will hit 4 years on the job next month. A new test has been given and an exception to the age limit allowed everyone to take the next exam. Candidates on a list really dont have the standing to sue. That list should never have been tossed out, but it did and I think its safe to say its time to move on.

  21. #2796
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    best city on earth
    Posts
    120

    Default

    if the decisions made in this case are found to be unjust, and thus overturned, the people who fell victim to those false rulings will be compensated. Not through retroactive hiring or seniority, but a reactivation of the list, and subsequent classes hired off it. The fdny has the power to extend a list, especially if it were incorrectly deemed "racist". This is the same thing that the stupid commercial on hot 97 is talking about. The difference is that we 6019'ers actually DO deserve some type of recognition for having been screwed so hard by this judge.


    6019

  22. #2797
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    As was stated, having the case reassigned is unlikely, overturning his desicion is more possible.

    As for 6019, it's dead and there won't be any hell or lawsuits. Look, I feel for anyone who won't be hired from that list, but it's 4 years are up anyway. As a matter of fact, guy in my firehouse from that list will hit 4 years on the job next month. A new test has been given and an exception to the age limit allowed everyone to take the next exam. Candidates on a list really dont have the standing to sue. That list should never have been tossed out, but it did and I think its safe to say its time to move on.


    Wow...Really??? you should be standing up for your brothers and sisters who were wrongfully denied privlige to the job they dreamed for their whole life.....

    As you sit back in your chair and reflect on your great job you should really think about that last statement you put on here. WE have gone through THE most agonizing roller coaster ride someone will ever face in their entire life for 5 PLUS years and all you have to say is 6019 is dead??4 years are up???we are just lucky to take the new test??



    All FF's should stand up and applaud us for our great efforts to fight this judge for the betterment of the department......ITs Guys and Gals like US who you WANT on the job.......so show your true colors and give us support when this judge gets outed by the appeal committee....6019 will have its DAY!

  23. #2798
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Poconos, Pa
    Posts
    796

    Default

    No offense to everyone on here, much respect to the guys who took the test but logically,,whats the chances 6019 gets extended being as how much NYC spent to recruit, advertise, and administer this test? not to mention the age limit was extended specifically for those on 6019 because of the current situation..no one on here can argue that they want it more because of the garbage that happened to you guys..I would have taken 6019..but I was in Iraq..guess that means that I didn't want it more or that I hope that they hire off of 2000 only..people on 6019 need to realize that chances are its over..and if it isn't then good for you..and for those of us on 2000 need to realize that they will extend 6019 and if they don't then good for us..stop the hating on each other and the I want it more then you and we fought the good fight crap..it is what it is..I wanted to play in the NFL..didn't work out, oh well..dreams are dreams reality is something else. Stop fighting..if you don't have something constructive to say in regards to test 2000 then don't say anything, there is a 6019 thread specifically for 6019 guys and that test and the stuff that is going on with it...this is for the guys who took 2000 and who want to be on the job just as bad as anybody else does.

  24. #2799
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    No offense to everyone on here, much respect to the guys who took the test but logically,,whats the chances 6019 gets extended being as how much NYC spent to recruit, advertise, and administer this test? not to mention the age limit was extended specifically for those on 6019 because of the current situation..no one on here can argue that they want it more because of the garbage that happened to you guys..I would have taken 6019..but I was in Iraq..guess that means that I didn't want it more or that I hope that they hire off of 2000 only..people on 6019 need to realize that chances are its over..and if it isn't then good for you..and for those of us on 2000 need to realize that they will extend 6019 and if they don't then good for us..stop the hating on each other and the I want it more then you and we fought the good fight crap..it is what it is..I wanted to play in the NFL..didn't work out, oh well..dreams are dreams reality is something else. Stop fighting..if you don't have something constructive to say in regards to test 2000 then don't say anything, there is a 6019 thread specifically for 6019 guys and that test and the stuff that is going on with it...this is for the guys who took 2000 and who want to be on the job just as bad as anybody else does.


    I will leave it alone....All I will say is if the judge gets thrown off and his decisions overturned in the next 1-4 months then there should be a class that should go in right away with the dangerously low headcount/....The new test isnt even established with list numbers yet alone guys who have passed psych and cpat....
    All we 6019ers have to do is take the medical again (For me would be the third time) which can be done in a months time......Fill in the spots with 6019 candidates until the new list gets established and running....which from the word that has been going around is it will take at least 1 more year until the first class from 2000 gets in....




    PEACE
    Bellestoria likes this.

  25. #2800
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    506

    Default

    To all my fellow 6019er's: most of us who still roam these boards are the cream of the crop off of our list. Some of us have been thru medicals 3 times, some of us were even offered employment. Don't let some one who, didnt even take our exam (griff) and someone who was barely hired off of his list (the only reason he was hired was because terrorists murdered hundreds of FDNY firemen and the dept. reached unprecedented list numbers, aka "southbx"), deflate your hopes of being hired the proper way. The way we should have been hired four years ago. They have no dog in OUR fight, therefore their OPINIONS are moot at best.
    Last edited by GIMMEFIRE600; 06-18-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 25 users browsing this thread. (6 members and 19 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bacon,
  3. cjr,
  4. DannyD0pe,
  5. FDsouthbxNY,
  6. Matador611

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register