Like Tree13164Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    FAP email ! Just signed up for both Saturday am
    See you there guy !

Anyone else here sign up for Saturday AM ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    Anyone else just get the email for the next FAP next month?

Yep just got it.

Im going to sign up for the AM for saturday aswell
    Last edited by prospect; 02-10-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Forum Member

Yeap just got mine too, was gonna do saturday PM but wth fack it, AM It is fellas, see Ya there, lets get it!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Went to medical today. 2/18 passed. 25 were invited. One rescheduled and another went home with flu like symptoms. So about 4/5 no shows.

On a board I saw they did over 900 medicals last year with close to 600 stair re-dos. Just to give you all an idea of who passes and who comes back and pass. You hiring ratio guys go nuts with this info!!
    Another board showed 132 ff candidates medically process since 1/29 not including the 18 from today. So um year theres that.

Also frank is the ****ing man! Good luck to all.
    Couple guys have a pretty long road of losing weight or having to pay for more test on their own dollar. Can only imagine how many candidates in the heat of the moment say they are determined to reach medical qualification only to go home later and be discouraged by the tedious process that awaits them.
    Hey 40, what time did you get out? Is there a lot of sitting around and stuff or do they get right to it? I have mine next week and just trying to plan my day and transportation for it. Is there any breaks?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    Yep just got it.

Im going to sign up for the AM for saturday aswell
    Seems like the whole thread will be there.

Forum Member

Why is there no sound on the PT videos. Also we gotta get another waiver signed for this FAP.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Hey 40, what time did you get out? Is there a lot of sitting around and stuff or do they get right to it? I have mine next week and just trying to plan my day and transportation for it. Is there any breaks?
    15 min break after the whole medical and a computer based questionnaire and a brief meeting with Frank.
    Around 11. Out by 130/200.
    Definitely bring food with you.
    I got there at like 6:15 or so.
    They group you together so even if you get there early, can fill out paperwork quickly, and breeze through the stations you'll have to wait for the other guys

Overall it was really well organized. Seemed to slow down a bit at the end of the day. They discourage the candidates from standing around so if you're on line for a test and another place is empty they'll move you there. It's 12 stations:
    Eye
    Ear
    Chest/x Rays
    Pulmonary breath test
    Vitals
    Ekg
    Stairmasters
    Urine
    TB/blood test
    Nurses station
    Doctor visit

Forum Member

15 min break after the whole medical and a computer based questionnaire and a brief meeting with Frank.
    Around 11. Out by 130/200.
    Definitely bring food with you.
    I got there at like 6:15 or so.
    They group you together so even if you get there early, can fill out paperwork quickly, and breeze through the stations you'll have to wait for the other guys

Overall it was really well organized. Seemed to slow down a bit at the end of the day. They discourage the candidates from standing around so if you're on line for a test and another place is empty they'll move you there. It's 12 stations:
    Eye
    Ear
    Chest/x Rays
    Pulmonary breath test
    Vitals
    Ekg
    Stairmasters
    Urine
    TB/blood test
    Nurses station
    Doctor visit
    Ok thanks, bring food like a packed lunch or just some protein bars??

Forum Member

You can bring lunch but if there is time then they let you out for thirty min to go to chipotle

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    You can either save the file as a .doc or copy and paste into excel. Either way, it takes less than a minute, then ctrl-f and you can search by name, number, etc.
    V Lookup bro.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Ok thanks, bring food like a packed lunch or just some protein bars??
    Send me a pm broooski

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J Fitz View Post
    V Lookup bro.
    Use 'em every day at work, but honestly didn't feel like throwing that one in the mix.

Next you'll offer to pivot the data, haha!
    J Fitz likes this.

Forum Member

Went to medical today. 2/18 passed. 25 were invited. One rescheduled and another went home with flu like symptoms. So about 4/5 no shows.

On a board I saw they did over 900 medicals last year with close to 600 stair re-dos. Just to give you all an idea of who passes and who comes back and pass. You hiring ratio guys go nuts with this info!!
    Another board showed 132 ff candidates medically process since 1/29 not including the 18 from today. So um year theres that.

Also frank is the ****ing man! Good luck to all.
    Couple guys have a pretty long road of losing weight or having to pay for more test on their own dollar. Can only imagine how many candidates in the heat of the moment say they are determined to reach medical qualification only to go home later and be discouraged by the tedious process that awaits them.
    Jeez, I went through the pd medical this morning and that was gruesome. The fd one sounds like a breezy.come onnnnnnnn 3xxx!!

Forum Member

40, what's your list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    40, what's your list number?
    High 2400s

Forum Member

I got the FAP e-mail too, #26** here

Forum Member

I really wish they would wave the medical clearance form if you attended the CPAT training. Its rough when you don't have any coverage.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    You can bring lunch but if there is time then they let you out for thirty min to go to chipotle
    GASP* does that mean I get to meet one of you guys after my classes. *GASPS*

Forum Member

is the academy cadence really as slow as the youtube pushup cadence test? my pushups are good. i have a good max number but when you slow em down like that damn... its anyones guess what my max reps would be - it varies a lot.

sit ups are max reps in 90 seconds? a minute?
    I'm talking for the FAP

Forum Member

is the academy cadence really as slow as the youtube pushup cadence test? my pushups are good. i have a good max number but when you slow em down like that damn... its anyones guess what my max reps would be - it varies a lot.

sit ups are max reps in 90 seconds? a minute?
    I'm talking for the FAP
    I was thinking about this same **** last night. The cadence makes a big difference. Gotta get used to it though ... and fast.

Especially for the brothers going in to the academy exactly 3.5 months from now.

Shetload of pushups to be done for PT, your mistakes and your squad members mistakes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFTB View Post
    Jeez, I went through the pd medical this morning and that was gruesome. The fd one sounds like a breezy.come onnnnnnnn 3xxx!!
    FFTB - you a late hundred or a 99?

Forum Member

The situps are max in 60 seconds. For the sit ups, you have to make sure that when you're going down, your hands are behind your head and both your elbows and your head hit the ground. Otherwise, the rep won't count. It's an awkward motion for situps and takes a bit to get used to

And yeah you definitely have to get used to the pushup cadence. I run a timer on my phone and start a pushup every 2 seconds.

Forum Member

Default Stairmaster training for medical question

Good Morning Everyone! I have a question. What do you guys think the stairmaster is set to at metrotech? I know they say 60 steps per min but I remember at CPAT training at the rock they would set the machines to level 4. I checked this at my local gym which has the same machines and level 4 is not 60 steps per min. Its more like 55. I counted and level 5 is exactly 60, maybe a little more. Do you think they under shoot the level so its not over 60? Name:  Stairmaster.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  98.5 KB

Forum Member

They use different machines at Metrotech, so I would work on level 5 at 60 steps per minute. The steps per minute is what is important
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Forum Member

Yea my machine at the gym is level 6 at 60 steps per minute and it was exactly what the CPAT was so I just stay training on that for the medical.

Thread Information