Like Tree12505Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I had my investigation done yesterday. And my investigator asked me to provide her with written statements for my arrest, and reasons for why i got fired from my previous job.

Was anyone told to do the same??

Kind of weird when i specifically explained it on the cpdb application

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    age unknown but you must be 21 to be appointed to the job. the 40 was being consumed on a street corner.

can you tell the difference between a raging alcoholic and a one time social drinker just based on a single photo of them with alcohol in their hand?
    No but I can tell you that drinking a 40 on a street corner is illegal

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    I had my investigation done yesterday. And my investigator asked me to provide her with written statements for my arrest, and reasons for why i got fired from my previous job.

Yea of course, everyone has to do that. You have to fill out separate sheets with your explanation of what happened.
    prospect likes this.

Forum Member

I was only aware of 1 person being given a ~5 year probationary period. He got it for repeatedly posting pictures to social media of him in inappropriate poses in uniform. The chief of training had called for his termination since it happened repeatedly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I was only aware of 1 person being given a ~5 year probationary period. He got it for repeatedly posting pictures to social media of him in inappropriate poses in uniform. The chief of training had called for his termination since it happened repeatedly.
    If no probies were hired from the 1st yr of 6019 wouldn't the last probie in the house still be the "probie"? That being said technically they've been a long time probie (more than 1 yr)?

Forum Member

Yes, probation for 5 years. I don't remember a picture of him drinking on the corner, just stupid poses with a drink (mixed drink) if I remeber correctly while in uniform.
    Who the hell cares? That's my question, just don't put yourself in that spot and you will do just fine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    99's won't hear anything till August / September, where they will start receiving notice for CPAT training at the Rock.

That's about the same time us 100's got to that point last year.
    I hope you're right. I really do. Just to get SOMETHING to begin this process would get me extremely hyped.
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

I got my psych letter today, sitting at #26$$

Forum Member

Yea had a dismissed summons I needed to do that for. Pretty standard I think. Technically it's optional. Don't know what happens if you don't do it though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    I hope you're right. I really do. Just to get SOMETHING to begin this process would get me extremely hyped.
    There were to rounds of CPATs given last year. I believe the first was February-March, and the second was in the fall. I'm hoping that there are two rounds this year as well. Hopefully before August...
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    There were to rounds of CPATs given last year. I believe the first was February-March, and the second was in the fall. I'm hoping that there are two rounds this year as well. Hopefully before August...
    I really hope so as well, but practically speaking....they might not touch the 99s till december 15 or june 16. How much in advance would they do cpat training?
    BD1017 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    I really hope so as well, but practically speaking....they might not touch the 99s till december 15 or june 16. How much in advance would they do cpat training?
    I started cpat training in sept. Not a lock for June at 2600s
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

My cousin took his CPAT last March, and is in the academy now. So I guess it depends on whether you're towards the beginning or the end of your group called to take the CPAT. But just from the past couple classes, I would assume best case would be 8 months after; and worst case would be a year and change after. That would be the "processing time".
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    My cousin took his CPAT last March, and is in the academy now. So I guess it depends on whether you're towards the beginning or the end of your group called to take the CPAT. But just from the past couple classes, I would assume best case would be 8 months after; and worst case would be a year and change after. That would be the "processing time".
    Oh wow....so it could be soon for us then.

Forum Member

Got my psych March 7

Forum Member

I have the Psych Tmrw. Can any one give some insight on the test and what to be prepared for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catchingZzzzs View Post
    27XX medical feb 26
    Im mid 27XX and havent received my letter yet. Are you low or high 27XX?

Everyone whos got even a summons for something minor has to do it. Like me for riding bike on the sidewalk and public urination lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    Im mid 27XX and havent received my letter yet. Are you low or high 27XX?

Everyone whos got even a summons for something minor has to do it. Like me for riding bike on the sidewalk and public urination lol
    High 2700's. It's probably in the mail.

Forum Member

Anyone with a number in 28/2900 get a medical yet?

Usually the process upwards 300 more candidate list number than they need for a probie class. So if they reach 2900. Look for potentially the 2600s to get called this summer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
    I have the Psych Tmrw. Can any one give some insight on the test and what to be prepared for?
    Repost of an earlier repost, with thanks to the original author:

Bring the copy of the your investigation packet because you will need to fill it yet again all your past employment history and such.

The psych is a ridiculously long, something like 500 question, multiple choice test asking you all sorts of nonsense multiple times but worded differently such as…
    o Do you love your mother?
    o Are you afraid of fire?
    o Do you see ghosts?
    o Do you associate with drug dealers?
    o Has such and such every made you mad?

If you are not crazy, you will not have a problem. If there is an issue they will contact you generally within a month or less to schedule an interview with you to see if you really are nuts or just misunderstood something. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quietharvest1 View Post
    Repost of an earlier repost, with thanks to the original author:

Bring the copy of the your investigation packet because you will need to fill it yet again all your past employment history and such.

The psych is a ridiculously long, something like 500 question, multiple choice test asking you all sorts of nonsense multiple times but worded differently such as…
    o Do you love your mother?
    o Are you afraid of fire?
    o Do you see ghosts?
    o Do you associate with drug dealers?
    o Has such and such every made you mad?

If you are not crazy, you will not have a problem. If there is an issue they will contact you generally within a month or less to schedule an interview with you to see if you really are nuts or just misunderstood something. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.
    Thanks alot Bro
    quietharvest1 likes this.

Forum Member

What other denominations of money orders will we be needing after the intake and CPat money orders? Anything after the psych and medical ?

Forum Member

Gents. I'm sorry to bother with reiteration; but I'm reading conflicting reports on the Medical StairMaster portion.
    Some posts say its a 50lb vest; others say its a 75lb.
    Im training for the medical for weeks; and just want to get the correct info. Is it 50 or 75?
    I almost got into the FDNY back in 6019 (Bloomberg screwed me) - and I do not recall a 3 minute "no vest" portion.
    Can someone please tell me / us EXACTLY what the 1st and 2nd attempt at the StairMaster consists of - including weights?

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Geschaefer View Post
    Gents. I'm sorry to bother with reiteration; but I'm reading conflicting reports on the Medical StairMaster portion.
    Some posts say its a 50lb vest; others say its a 75lb.
    Im training for the medical for weeks; and just want to get the correct info. Is it 50 or 75?
    I almost got into the FDNY back in 6019 (Bloomberg screwed me) - and I do not recall a 3 minute "no vest" portion.
    Can someone please tell me / us EXACTLY what the 1st and 2nd attempt at the StairMaster consists of - including weights?
    Believe it was 75lb vest for the CPAT for 3 minutes

Medical will be as follow.

1)Test for baseline resting heart rate.
    2) stair master for 3 minutes NO VEST! ( HEART RATE CAN NOT DOUBLE RESTING HEART RATE) Ex: Resting heart rate 65 Max rate can be after the 3 minutes is 130bpm
    3) 5 minute Rest
    4) Stair master with 50 LB vest for 5:12. If your heart rate exceeds 220-Age X .90 you have to re-do the stairs for 8 minutes

So, what i was told and what i remember it is 50lb vest at medical.

Another word of advise i have received from people who have passed on the first try was: do a few jumping jax or something to raise your BASELINE RESTING HEART RATE, before they check it. The difference of a resting heart rate at 60 vs. 75-80 is huge when doing the stairs for 3 minutes.

This is going off what i was told from others who took the medical and from my 6019 memory.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
    Last edited by catchingZzzzs; 02-14-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Forum Member

Vest is 50 at the medical.

3:02 no vest

5 min rest

5:12 with 50lbs vest.
    Geschaefer and Matador611 like this.

Thread Information