Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 13631031101111121131141151161231632136131113 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 23407
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Jay, thanks for the info, as well as you Skav

Forum Member

do they make you review every Q on the exam or just the ones where you didn't get full credit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    do they make you review every Q on the exam or just the ones where you didn't get full credit?
    ALL, they don't "MAKE" you do anything, you choose what you want to take a look at.. you CHOOSE to watch or skip the video, you also choose what notes you want to take.
    I watched the video once and took notes, then skipped the "replays" i also skipped all the answers i had correct, i only reviewed the ones i got incorrect and protested on a separate sheet of paper.

Forum Member

Hey Jay, thanks for all the kind input. I have a questions as well. Do they allow you to watch the video only 3 times like on the actual exam or can you keep going back to it as needed?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey Jay, thanks for all the kind input. I have a questions as well. Do they allow you to watch the video only 3 times like on the actual exam or can you keep going back to it as needed?
    Same as exam.. 3x and cant go back to the video

edit: everything is same as the exam, they going to give you a small ziplock for your belonging that goes under your desk. they provide you with the pen and paper, but remember to bring the email and ID!
    Last edited by Jay513; 05-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Forum Member

Damn, I see. Thanks again for your replies.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Jay, thanks for the info, as well as you Skav
    Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Damn, I see. Thanks again for your replies.

for those who PM me, i rather you guys post on here, this way everyone sees and questions aren't repeated. Also cant go into detail, not sure if everyone tested.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay513 View Post
    Yes. i though the same, BUT GUESS WHAT?! those question were already thrown out!.. on the exam it says they DO NOT COUNT and AREN'T SCORED.. im ****ed cus those stupid questions took a lot of my time!! piece of sh*t
    Jay, are you referring to the optional questions at the end regarding recruiting etc.?

It sounds like Mello is talking about the actual personality questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Jay, are you referring to the optional questions at the end regarding recruiting etc.?

It sounds like Mello is talking about the actual personality questions.
    the actually personality quest. some aren't scored!. I cant go too much into detail, but there was one that asked if you ran for student council, if so what (president, treasurer, ect.) some questions like that weren't scored.. maybe looked at, but not scored.. I mean how can you score that? whether you were in the council or not in HS doesn't change the person you are today. thats all i can say, check it out on your protest review.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

All high school questions, how many friends you know etc.....are not scored. Everything else is. Vids reading comp, it's either you got right or you got it wrong period. Some were partial credIt, well Atleast my test. Personality Q's, two were full credit, on some. The rest were partial credit. Guys don't worry, the most points goes for the personality Q's. The second highest is the vid Q's. And reading comp is 1/3 of a point maybe or according to the vulcans. Personality highest points, videos medium points, reading comprehension lowest points. Once again all according to the vulcans, not word fOr word but I got the point from what they said at the tutoring nights.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    All high school questions, how many friends you know etc.....are not scored. Everything else is. Vids reading comp, it's either you got right or you got it wrong period. Some were partial credIt, well Atleast my test. Personality Q's, two were full credit, on some. The rest were partial credit. Guys don't worry, the most points goes for the personality Q's. The second highest is the vid Q's. And reading comp is 1/3 of a point maybe or according to the vulcans. Personality highest points, videos medium points, reading comprehension lowest points. Once again all according to the vulcans, not word fOr word but I got the point from what they said at the tutoring nights.
    why would the test make personality question the most points? the nicest person in the world aint gonna be the best firefighter. I hope your information is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay513 View Post
    why would the test make personality question the most points? the nicest person in the world aint gonna be the best firefighter. I hope your information is wrong.
    Unfortunately it is, not according to me, but according to the vulcans.....they said this would be the most important portion of the test. if I were anyone I would go by what they are saying. They made it clear at there tutoring prep sessions that they believe this will be the most important portion of the exam. All I'm saying is that list numbers will speak for themselves. If you protest make sure it makes sense Thats all I'm saying.

Forum Member

Hey i am a little behind on the whole Review/Protest sessions, but can some one explain tome how I would go about signing up for it? Is this the website https://candidate.psiexams.com/catal...g_details.jsp?

Forum Member

Does anyone know about the academy? I heard it was as tough mentally as it is physically. This test doesn't sound like a good indicator of how people will do in the academy itself. I know firefighting isn't rocket science, but it sure is a lot of science. Especially for the chauffeurs.

Forum Member

not scoring those Q's makes sense and I'm actually glad to hear that, but if they weren't going to score those Q's they def shouldn't have been in a timed section where you had to ration your time with other Q's that do count towards your overall score. Unless some how they're going to say the unscored Q's are used in factoring tie breakers or something.

Forum Member

Im heading out to BK in a few for the protest review. I'm feeling just as nervous as I did the day of the actual exam lol. This can either be a great day, do good on the exam, Rangers win, and my fantasy Baseball team has a good day. Or a horrible day, do bad on the exam, Rangers lose, and my fantasy Basebal team sucks it up lol. Thank God there is a liquor store as soon as I get off the train, I might need a drink today lol.

Forum Member

Hey Skav.......Not sure if you get your residency credits....but if you got 6 wrong on the vid and reading comp....and about 12 on the personality,,, I do not think that is gonna be good enough for the top 4 to 5k..... I took mine yesterday and did very well,,, but there are definitely some Q's that needed to be protested ,,,, I can think of 2 questions right now that are TOTAL BS.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Im heading out to BK in a few for the protest review. I'm feeling just as nervous as I did the day of the actual exam lol. This can either be a great day, do good on the exam, Rangers win, and my fantasy Baseball team has a good day. Or a horrible day, do bad on the exam, Rangers lose, and my fantasy Basebal team sucks it up lol. Thank God there is a liquor store as soon as I get off the train, I might need a drink today lol.
    I reached rock bottom with stressing over this test. I finally convinced myself at this point there's nothing more to do, if it's meant to be all the work put in to the exam will pay off. Best of luck, let us know how you did.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Hey Skav.......Not sure if you get your residency credits....but if you got 6 wrong on the vid and reading comp....and about 12 on the personality,,, I do not think that is gonna be good enough for the top 4 to 5k..... I took mine yesterday and did very well,,, but there are definitely some Q's that needed to be protested ,,,, I can think of 2 questions right now that are TOTAL BS.

IMO, it's no ones place to tell anyone their dream is dead. You may be right (or wrong), but there are a lot of variables left, and I just don't see how this is productive. Just my .02

Forum Member

same here.... I protested 2 questions...I wonder if we had the same test and protested the same questions because thats how I felt when I seen mine haha

I got 2 wrong total in the video portion... but the personality section I have a lot of PC but more FC than PC

Maybe your right but, I put my info out there so that everyone can comPare themselves to me. It also depends on how people did on the exam as a whole. Atleast for my exam I didn't protest anything because there was nothing to protest. Maybe on some of your exams they give you room to wiggle but not on mine for sure.
    MFES likes this.

Thread Information