Like Tree13269Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Anybody have any idea when the 3000's will start to receive Medicals?
    Think the highest number is 2799 with medical ketters sent to. Let's hope another hundred or two get medicals - that number will roughly inform the list number the June class will reach. Expect medicals to resume a few short weeks after the next probie class starts. That's been the pattern thus far.
    fndyoneday likes this.

Forum Member

Looks Like the Lts, and captains ratified their contracts. 11% over 7 years.

Forum Member

june class ends when? Do we know long it is.

Forum Member

I have to retake the stairs tomorrow & it sucks because I have to call out of work to go. I'm on probation at work due to being a new hire & can't miss a day. So fingers crossed this doesn't fck me because I can't lose my job right now -___________- They just have to do medical reschedules dead smack middle of the damn day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    I have to retake the stairs tomorrow & it sucks because I have to call out of work to go. I'm on probation at work due to being a new hire & can't miss a day. So fingers crossed this doesn't fck me because I can't lose my job right now -___________- They just have to do medical reschedules dead smack middle of the damn day.
    Totally understand brother. Hope you prepared yourself for 8 mins. I went in knowing I would have to do 8 and if I was stopped at 5:12 it was a gift, I did 8 lol
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Divisions 3, 6, and 15 are the busiest ... based on geography ( Harlem / Uptown Manhattan, South Bronx, Bushwick / Bed Stuy Brooklyn ) being that these are the most densely populated areas of the city.

That being said, they are probably harder to get in to as well out of Probie School.
    3 doesn't really cover Harlem. The 6th and 7th, and 13th and 15th would be my assumption for 'busiest' divisions. Some of the neighborhoods in the northern Bronx are pretty damn busy, busier than plenty of houses in the south Bronx. Parts of Jamaica are definitely busy too. Still, doesn't matter, there's busy houses in every division, and as I said before everybody goes to fires at some point or another.

Forum Member

Just tell them you need a few hours for a dr appointment, when I went to retake the stairs I was in and out in 20 minutes since i was the only one there, 3 minutes on the stairs, 5 min under my max and out the door.
    fndyoneday likes this.

Forum Member

Another day at the useless job is a day closer of possibly being sent that run letter. For those running outside today watch out for that ice.

Forum Member

Anybody know of any indoor tracks in brokklyn?

Forum Member

If May 20th is an approximate date of run letters being sent out that's only about 86 days away. ... Yup it's one of those days
    4040clubBouncer and BD1017 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad0904 View Post
    Anybody know of any indoor tracks in brokklyn?
    Not sure of any tracks in Bklyn. Prospect park is good place to run or just run any where thats not icy. Figure if they are running outside in the academy these last few weeks, you might as well match that and run outside as well. I hate doing it personally (hurts the lungs) but read some motivational pieces ( marathon runners, triathletes stories). After reading some of the things these guys do while training, a few mile run in 15-20 degree Temps. seems like a joke.

Bundle up and go torture yourself, from what I hear you might as well get used to it. Its going to be either extreme heat for guys in summer or extreme cold for guys next winter.. Prepare now for the worst, so it's not that bad when your time comes.

Other thing I hear as well is guys who place at the top of their classes academically or physically usually get sent to better firehouses. Could be rumors, but if your in good shape doing great physically and doing well academically I doubt you're going to get sent to a slow firehouse in the *** end of staten island.

Can any OTJ guys confirm this?

Forum Member

Yup prospect park and Central Park should all be shoveled and clear to run in. So if ice is your concern - it is for me - then run in the park. Can't speak for prospect. But CP has numerous free or cheap bag drops on both east and west sides. Pm me if you want a list of spots and what they cost.

But don't blame anyone for not wanting to run in this. I'm running the 5k in Washington heights in March. So I'll be back out there shortly. For now it's all about the crossfit open!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catchingZzzzs View Post
    Not sure of any tracks in Bklyn. Prospect park is good place to run or just run any where thats not icy. Figure if they are running outside in the academy these last few weeks, you might as well match that and run outside as well. I hate doing it personally (hurts the lungs) but read some motivational pieces ( marathon runners, triathletes stories). After reading some of the things these guys do while training, a few mile run in 15-20 degree Temps. seems like a joke.

Bundle up and go torture yourself, from what I hear you might as well get used to it. Its going to be either extreme heat for guys in summer or extreme cold for guys next winter.. Prepare now for the worst, so it's not that bad when your time comes.

Other thing I hear as well is guys who place at the top of their classes academically or physically usually get sent to better firehouses. Could be rumors, but if your in good shape doing great physically and doing well academically I doubt you're going to get sent to a slow firehouse in the *** end of staten island.

I hear also that officers at houses that are due to get a probie send over guys to scout probies and make their selections accordingly. Is this true?

Either way. Someone is always watching. Unless you're taking the psych, then don't think anyone is watching you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catchingZzzzs View Post

The valedictorian and fitness award winner get some say, but far as I know there's no 2nd place for either of those. After that it's all kind of up in the air.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    The valedictorian and fitness award winner get some say, but far as I know there's no 2nd place for either of those. After that it's all kind of up in the air.
    If I win one of those awards can I go to rescue 1?
    fndyoneday likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha
    4040clubBouncer, bkopie and BD1017 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubbouncer View Post
    if i win one of those awards can i go to rescue 1?
    lolllllllll

Forum Member

Real answer is I think you need 10 years at busy/respected houses and it doesn't hurt to already have some of the special skills needed (like dive certification).

Also I've heard of bosses calling the rock to try and request specific probies, no guarantee that works out for you though. The obvious takeaway though is that the instructors are watching, and the way you conduct yourself at the rock can follow you to the field. Everyone in my battalion knows the story of 1 of the new probies from the last class. He might end up being fine and a great guy, but that's not how you want to start your career.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Yup prospect park and Central Park should all be shoveled and clear to run in. So if ice is your concern - it is for me - then run in the park. Can't speak for prospect. But CP has numerous free or cheap bag drops on both east and west sides. Pm me if you want a list of spots and what they cost.

But don't blame anyone for not wanting to run in this. I'm running the 5k in Washington heights in March. So I'll be back out there shortly. For now it's all about the crossfit open!
    you running coogans?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Real answer is I think you need 10 years at busy/respected houses and it doesn't hurt to already have some of the special skills needed (like dive certification).

Also I've heard of bosses calling the rock to try and request specific probies, no guarantee that works out for you though. The obvious takeaway though is that the instructors are watching, and the way you conduct yourself at the rock can follow you to the field. Everyone in my battalion knows the story of 1 of the new probies from the last class. He might end up being fine and a great guy, but that's not how you want to start your career.
    Any reason they request specific guys? Work ethic or is it more of a "who you know" type thing?

Forum Member

Anyone summarize what's going on lately with hiring? Have they committed to 3 classes a year, shorter academies, what number of the list are they up to? New ideas of where they expect the list to end? Any numbers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Forum Member

We don't need anything for retake of the stairs right?

Forum Member

hey. i just got my lab report from the medical. I took it on the 10th. will i receive another letter from BHS saying I am qualified or not? is no news good news?
    or would I have gotten a letter asking me to do something based on my lab findings?

Forum Member

We don't need anything for retake of the stairs right?
    Bring that paper that has your reschedule date on it.
    BklynFDNY89 likes this.

Forum Member

What did the proby from the last class do wrong? Justvtrying to get an idea of what's bad.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-23-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Thread Information