Like Tree12940Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny exam 2000 View Post
    sup guys, does anybody know how many pull up they expect us to do at the rock if we get called up. I always been going to the gym but i can never do more than 3-5 pull ups. sits ups and push up im good but pulls up im horrible at. also 1950- 2800 range gave me hope this morning lol idk how true it can be but whateva
    Atleast 4 pull-ups to stay out of remedial
    fdny exam 2000 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny exam 2000 View Post
    sup guys, does anybody know how many pull up they expect us to do at the rock if we get called up. I always been going to the gym but i can never do more than 3-5 pull ups. sits ups and push up im good but pulls up im horrible at. also 1950- 2800 range gave me hope this morning lol idk how true it can be but whateva
    one thing that helped me improve my pull-up numbers was adding some negative-only reps to the workout: stand on a bucket, grab bar, jump up til chin is above bar, lower your body to a dead hang as slowly as possible. repeat.
    fdny exam 2000 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    Has anyone had their FAP medical form signed at an urgent care clinic? I was wondering how much the clinic is charging for the service. I tried contacting one of the free clinics that were mentioned a couple weeks back. They claimed that they don't provide such service.
    My buddy got his signed at a City MD so I assume you should be fine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    I have not been through the academy yet, but all the information you seek is in this thread. A few classes worth of info if you look back at the pages. Run letters go out like 3 weeks to a month before the academy. The date for this next class seems to be June 25th ishhh ... so I'd estimate run letters will start going out last week of May, first week of June. There are a few run dates to fill a class. They usually go out either on Friday's or Mondays at about 5 pm to 6 pm. You'll see this thread BLOW UP around that time with good news, dudes crying and shhhh ... If you don't receive it in the first wave, maybe it will come in the 2nd or 3rd go around. If it doesnt come that means there is something up with your intake paperwork. There is also one last run like 2 -3 days before the academy start date to fill those last few spots ( No shows, people who fail the run etc )

I'm not sure what list # you are, but anyone in the 1950 to 2800 range should be locked and loaded for the Summer class.

I believe there is a day where you get sworn in and fill out all your benefits paperwork etc so you're basically HIRED, and another day where you receive all your textbooks and materials and visit QUARTERMASTER at Fort Totten in Whitestone / Bayside.

I would suggest keeping up with your investigator prior to your leave and make sure you handed everything in on your end so you atleast know a document won't hold you up. They won't tell you you're good to go, but at least you'll have that piece of mind that you did everything you had to do. As far as the run, we will know more as the time gets nearer, but I think you will be back from leave before runs take place.

Nothing is for sure till you get that run letter.

Everyone who scored 100 on the exam has been contacted for CPAT and either passed or failed. Look at the exam list on google search for reference. We 100's are now doing intake, Medical and Psych. The 99's are next. I believe they will be contacted in the Fall for CPAT practice at The Rock, but it may be sooner. 99's will definitely be contacted this year though to begin their CPAT.
    That summer academy projection does sound great.. that would mean that some 99s would get in the winter academy..? That sounds good but let's see. Sounds too good to be true

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    That summer academy projection does sound great.. that would mean that some 99s would get in the winter academy..? That sounds good but let's see. Sounds too good to be true
    Even if i'm off by 100 +/- lets say, 2700 for arguments sake ... that means everyone from 2700 to 3340 ( Last of the 100's ) would be lined up for Winter 2015. Thats about 700 or so candidates as well ... with the beginning of the 99's lined up for summer 2016.

We won't know for sure till after this summer class goes in ... but its a good estimate. 2800 is pushing it, but its possible.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

If mentors are getting emails about FAP sessions they should soon be getting emails about academy list number projections. While I think 2800 is a bit high. I do think 2715 is a possibility.

Again have guys above 2801 gotten medical dates? What about 2900s?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I'm very curious about this as well.

Theoretically, the number of recycles should be way down from previous classes now that we're beyond the point of having so many variables adding into the hiring ratio. Some of these were
    EMS promotions,
    Priority hires,
    MRSA squad,
    and especially a lot of the military guys up at the top of the list who defered a class or two.

Aside from the far lower number of military guys below 101, recycles are just going to be processing issues, and academy injuries right? (Of course females who fail the academy have to be recycled too, but it's a small number...)
    Let's see some 2800 action.

Forum Member

This came from the Mentorship Program Coordinator today:

List #2000 officially expires on June 26th of 2017.

That's a long way away, so keep hope alive.

cjr
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

But does that mean there will not be any classes after that date OR there will be no processing after that date.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    I'm very curious about this as well.

Theoretically, the number of recycles should be way down from previous classes now that we're beyond the point of having so many variables adding into the hiring ratio. Some of these were
    EMS promotions,
    Priority hires,
    MRSA squad,
    and especially a lot of the military guys up at the top of the list who defered a class or two.

Aside from the far lower number of military guys below 101, recycles are just going to be processing issues, and academy injuries right? (Of course females who fail the academy have to be recycled too, but it's a small number...)
    Let's see some 2800 action.
    Basically, no one above 2800 has a shot at this summers class, so there is no incentive on their end to Med and Psych anyone else.

As K20 has been saying, the rest of the 100's will more than likely get Med and Psych after this next class goes in. This way, those medicals are valid for a year in case a candidate does not make the winter class, they would still be good to go for NEXT summer.

Forum Member

Family day is sat may 2. We graduate on the 5th. Time is flying. Tomorrow marks the half way point. Can't wait to do those nine pushups tomorrow at roll call!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    If mentors are getting emails about FAP sessions they should soon be getting emails about academy list number projections. While I think 2800 is a bit high. I do think 2715 is a possibility.

Today's medical had a few guys in the very low 2800's.... 16 out of 25 showed up... No idea if this was the last medical for a while or not. Haven't herd of anyone being processed after late Jan. intake but again I'm not positive on that.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjr View Post
    But does that mean there will not be any classes after that date OR there will be no processing after that date.
    I believe, by Civil Service law, they cannot HIRE anyone after this date. That means, if you're not sworn in by that day, you cannot be hired off of list #2000.

Forum Member

Anyone doing crossfit open WOD tomorrow?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjr View Post
    List 2000 ends on that date. If you are not appointed off 2000 by that date then game over, hope you're on the next list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

thats a monday too! could easily be the start date for the final class of list #2000.
    if they stick with last monday in june and last monday in dec pattern, this will fit the bill. bigger question is when is the EMS promo, and how long will that take to be graded and a list they can hire from?

Forum Member

I would have thought they would have gone through the 100s faster. 98s arent looking so good.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I would have thought they would have gone through the 100s faster. 98s arent looking so good.
    I think they are going thru the 100s at a faster rate. The reason why there was such a lag prior was due to the recycles priorities. I know someone who is in the academy now and was doing cpat prep back sept 2013. I have a shot at next academy and I did cpat prep sept 2014

Forum Member

My 3 reference letters went out already.

31XX here ... intake was just last Thursday on 2/19.

Forum Member

anyone in the 2600s received psych letters? still waiting on mine. trying to see when i can take off from work. hopefully in march

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    anyone in the 2600s received psych letters? still waiting on mine. trying to see when i can take off from work. hopefully in march
    Yea I got mine two weeks ago. I got March 7. Frank said at medical last week that guys should be calling heir investigators asking them about their psych date.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Yea I got mine two weeks ago. I got March 7. Frank said at medical last week that guys should be calling heir investigators asking them about their psych date.
    thanks brother, will do right now.

Forum Member

Just aome random info. Over last weekend I finally bought a good pair of running shoes. For years I was running in a crappy pair of cheap shoes. It makes a HUGE difference. Running was actually much more enjoyable this week.
    emt6586 likes this.

Forum Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    thanks brother, will do right now.
    good point my luck i will have a phone call regarding this issue.
    Last edited by catchingZzzzs; 02-27-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

that's why i dont bother, i tried to express my frustrations as well as other ppl here but it is best to delete as i did and others too. serves no purpose other than them lurking on here finding out what you're saying would make matters a bit worse. and the director of investigations did pinpoint someone's comments on here at intake, didnt say it was from firehouse forum but i know it was from here cause it was a couple of days old and it clicked in my head when he repeated it, just food for thought....
    4040clubBouncer and bkopie like this.

Thread Information