Like Tree12472Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I can see where ur coming from.

My investigator seems cool af, but then again it helps that i had everything for him at intake ... he was happy about that.

There was a guy in a cubicle directly across from me who was having a ROUGH time with his investigator. Dude was red in the face by the time it was all said n done.

Guess its just the luck of the draw, like with the mentors. Some are great, some are blah, some just flat out suck.

Forum Member

Yea the investigators are really busy. Best to leave them be for a while. Unless they give you a deadline for something

Forum Member

The FDNY had a job listing for investigators on their site a little white back. (not sure if still there.)

Let's just say you don't have to be the brightest bulb to meet the qualifications, and the pay isn't enough to motivate people to show a lot of effort.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdny exam 2000 View Post
    sup guys, does anybody know how many pull up they expect us to do at the rock if we get called up. I always been going to the gym but i can never do more than 3-5 pull ups. sits ups and push up im good but pulls up im horrible at. also 1950- 2800 range gave me hope this morning lol idk how true it can be but whateva
    If you're having trouble with pull ups, I suggest you start doing lat pulldowns. That's what I did and it helped improve my pull ups big time.

Also, get yourself a pullup bar. The one you put on your door frame. Just do em everyday, or every time you walk by it. Do a couple here and there.

Forum Member

Start practicing pull-ups with one had facing out and one facing in. You'll get full range of motion and that's what matters most when practicing pull ups and push-ups.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    The FDNY had a job listing for investigators on their site a little white back. (not sure if still there.)

Let's just say you don't have to be the brightest bulb to meet the qualifications, and the pay isn't enough to motivate people to show a lot of effort.
    You but they get to take promotional list before we do

Forum Member

It seems like EMS may be preparing for the next promo. They hired a few classes of 120 most recently which seems very big for an EMS class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    Just aome random info. Over last weekend I finally bought a good pair of running shoes. For years I was running in a crappy pair of cheap shoes. It makes a HUGE difference. Running was actually much more enjoyable this week.
    yep, new shoes make huge difference. a pair of running shoes is really only good for 300-500 miles or six months of wear, whichever comes first. and never wear them around town or to the gym; this only wears them out faster. it seems like a big expense to buy new shoes so often, but it's not that bad, considering that shoes are the only thing you really need for the sport of running. well, that and a pair of supportive underwear. changing shoes more often will help to alleviate shin splints and prevent overuse injuries like stress fractures, which trust me, you do not want as you prepare for the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDiesel View Post
    It seems like EMS may be preparing for the next promo. They hired a few classes of 120 most recently which seems very big for an EMS class.
    They could just be catching up from the other guys who already went in and overall terrible turnover rate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    You but they get to take promotional list before we do
    We're talking about the investigators, not EMS.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Just got a call reminding me about FAP

Forum Member

Just got a call reminding me about FAP
    Wonder if they go by list # with the calls ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Wonder if they go by list # with the calls ...
    Nah I got a call about it like 2 weeks ago and I'm #26$$

Forum Member

Any probies on here recently purchase a home? Think I wanna start looking. Wondering if anyone encountered hurdles as a probie not having had their jobs "long enough".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Nah I got a call about it like 2 weeks ago and I'm #26$$
    very true im 20xx and I haven't received any calls but for the last FAPs (november i think) i got like 3 calls in a week reminding me lol..

Forum Member

9 weeks down 9 more to go. Can't believe we're half way. From what I've heard a big majority passed their midterms and FST. Not the time to let up just keep going. Feeling good!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDTech View Post
    9 weeks down 9 more to go. Can't believe we're half way. From what I've heard a big majority passed their midterms and FST. Not the time to let up just keep going. Feeling good!!!!
    More power to you Brother ...

Keep it movin till the end.

Forum Member

Any probies on here recently purchase a home? Think I wanna start looking. Wondering if anyone encountered hurdles as a probie not having had their jobs "long enough".
    I had that problem when I purchased because it was soon after I got on EMS. I had to have my father cosign the mortgage, and then 1-2 years later I refinanced him off it. Between starting pay being low and being new to the job it'll be hard to get a mortgage by yourself.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys,
    I am having a hard time meeting the requirements for residency...I have my W2's and some bank statements(24pts)...my life was a mess back then so I had nothing under my name. I have been in NY for 9 years though...Only other things I have are some lease agreements and rent receipts. DO you guys think that will work out or do you have any other ideas? My investigator showed no interest in helping...very bummed out about this.
    (didnt have any bills under my name or anything from the list).

Thanks.

Thread Information