Like Tree12946Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Got my lab resullts back, everything is ok. Had my medical last Thursday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Got my lab resullts back, everything is ok. Had my medical last Thursday.
    List # range ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    List # range ?
    Yea its #26$$

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Yea its #26$$
    Same here!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    Do mentors sign up to be mentors or are they assigned to be mentors?

Just asking because my mentor seems like he was assigned and doesnt really want to do it lol. Gives me short replies, not much detail. Saids we should meet up, never do. Asks me about things we already talked about.

I honestly didnt really want one or felt like I needed one. I was pretty much forced to sign up with all the emails, phone calls, and again at the orientation. They keep saying that this and that is optional but theyre really saying "I know we said its optional and it is, but you have to" lol
    Mentors volunteer to do it and are interviewed. Is it possible that he can tell you aren't really looking for the help so he hasn't tried hard to offer?

southbx would be the expert here on the subject.

Forum Member

100 burpees and the probie manual. Happy Sunday
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    100 burpees and the probie manual. Happy Sunday
    Bout to go hit the gym ... i'm up to 10 mins on the stair bastard with vest now.

Did you print out the manual ? I read it off my phone on PDF. Its like $100 for a print out, but I just may have to bite that bullet.

Forum Member

Bout to go hit the gym ... i'm up to 10 mins on the stair bastard with vest now.

Did you print out the manual ? I read it off my phone on PDF. Its like $100 for a print out, but I just may have to bite that bullet.
    Got it on my phone on tablet. Tablet is easier. But I printed out the reading list and study guides.

Forum Member

Ems is going to do a promo while this list is still active? Using what test? I find this hard to beleive.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Ems is going to do a promo while this list is still active? Using what test? I find this hard to beleive.
    The rumor is that they will hold the promotion separate and earlier. In my mind it kind of makes sense if they prepare that list to be used immediately after 2000 expires. Then while they draw from the next promotion they can hold and prepare the next OC. It kinda makes sense since there will be enough EMS guys for probably 2 classes by themselves, better to do them first than have to start the clock on the next OC list for just a few dozen candidates.

Forum Member

Makes sense for them to not run them concurrently.

Forum Member

Any rumors on when the next promo or open competitive exam will be??

Forum Member

Just got off the phone with my investigator, she said 30xx's are not going in for the summer academy. We are looking at December. Hope this helps ppl around that range

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Just got off the phone with my investigator, she said 30xx's are not going in for the summer academy. We are looking at December. Hope this helps ppl around that range
    True ... That figures.

Did she say when we can expect to get Med and Psych ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Wow. If they can confidently say 3000 for December then that must mean they expect to get through a good about of guys in the 2000s. Anyone seen any women throughout this process? Med and psych I mean. Haven't seen any. Just curious
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Wow. If they can confidently say 3000 for December then that must mean they expect to get through a good about of guys in the 2000s. Anyone seen any women throughout this process? Med and psych I mean. Haven't seen any. Just curious
    I haven't seen any myself after CPAT practice. I'm sure there are a few that made it past the CPAT though. I expect there will be a few in each of the next few classes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    Do mentors sign up to be mentors or are they assigned to be mentors?

Just asking because my mentor seems like he was assigned and doesnt really want to do it lol. Gives me short replies, not much detail. Saids we should meet up, never do. Asks me about things we already talked about.

I honestly didnt really want one or felt like I needed one. I was pretty much forced to sign up with all the emails, phone calls, and again at the orientation. They keep saying that this and that is optional but theyre really saying "I know we said its optional and it is, but you have to" lol
    Mentors sign-up to be interviewed and those chosen go into the data-base for the FFCMP. As new candidates sign up, they're given a mentor. Some are bound to be better than others, but you must remember that it's up to you to use your mentor when questions arise. For my part, if i don't hear from a mentee for a couple of weeks, I'll shoot an email over to check up and ask if anything's going on. Sure, sometimes it could be repeat questions, but that's just because sometimes we need reminding. Remember, we're not doing this at work, per se. We're doing it while we're at home and sometimes that can mean needing a little reminder. Maybe your mentor has 5 mentees and others are very active and at a point in the process where they require more attention.

Keep on them, keep asking them questions and push for an answer, BUT (!!!) remember that there isn't always an answer to your question and we won't always know. Sometimes we get inside info through the grape-vine, but more often we don't.

I've been doing it for more than a year, almost 2, and I'd say that they most beneficial information I can provide is that which will you navigate The Rock and your first days in the firehouse. We're not privy to information from inside CID, but we've gone through what you're all going through and can tell you how it turns out on the other side.

Remember, your mentor (and everyone else on the job) went through all the trials that you're facing. We had out med/psych and went through the academy. We've had out first days in a Company and had our balls-busted at the kitchen table and during drills. We can help you handle yourself and we offer a friendly ear when you're in a position where you might not know when to speak or what to ask.

It's a beneficial program that allows you to take as much, or as little advantage as you need. There's no reason not to partake and many reasons you should.

Good Luck.
    bkopie, bklynmike91 and fndyoneday like this.

Forum Member

Psyc date 3/14
    Late 26xx's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
    Psyc date 3/14
    Late 26xx's
    this means mine should be waiting in the mail. late 26xx over here too. this thing is running quicker than i thought. time to hit the track & probie study guide tonight
    Gomer Pyle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    this means mine should be waiting in the mail. late 26xx over here too. this thing is running quicker than i thought. time to hit the track & probie study guide tonight
    Yeah you guys are def getting process fast. There was 6 month gap from my intake to medical.

Started off March with 4040s 100 burpees followed immediately by a 5 mile run, it was the first time I ever ran continuously for 5 miles without stopping for a break. My pace was slow for the last two miles but making some progress

Forum Member

My 3 reference letters went out already.

31XX here ... intake was just last Thursday on 2/19.
    Wait, what? You're list number 31XX and got reference letters and intake?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmart1 View Post
    Wait, what? You're list number 31XX and got reference letters and intake?
    Affirmative.

Waiting on my Med next, then Psych. My previous employers got their letters too.

Where are you on the list ?
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

My current and previous employers haven't gotten their letters yet. But my investigator said they sent them. Their bad or mine? Should I worry? Or can I still be hired without these letters?
    My references got theirs.

Forum Member

My 3 reference letters went out already.

31XX here ... intake was just last Thursday on 2/19.
    wow. 46xx seems so close!
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

My current and previous employers haven't gotten their letters yet. But my investigator said they sent them. Their bad or mine? Should I worry? Or can I still be hired without these letters?
    My references got theirs.
    I don't think its as big a deal as we may make it out to be. Many of these letters get sent back to investigators with " return to sender " because places went out of business or moved.

I think the most important thing is that your employment history in your CPB matches your SS earnings statement, which proves you actually worked there and paid taxes for it.

The rest is just window dressing IMHO.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Thread Information