Like Tree12946Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #28426
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Got my lab resullts back, everything is ok. Had my medical last Thursday.

  2. #28427
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Got my lab resullts back, everything is ok. Had my medical last Thursday.
    List # range ?

  3. #28428
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    List # range ?
    Yea its #26$$

  4. #28429
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Yea its #26$$
    Same here!

  5. #28430
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    Do mentors sign up to be mentors or are they assigned to be mentors?

    Just asking because my mentor seems like he was assigned and doesnt really want to do it lol. Gives me short replies, not much detail. Saids we should meet up, never do. Asks me about things we already talked about.

    I honestly didnt really want one or felt like I needed one. I was pretty much forced to sign up with all the emails, phone calls, and again at the orientation. They keep saying that this and that is optional but theyre really saying "I know we said its optional and it is, but you have to" lol
    Mentors volunteer to do it and are interviewed. Is it possible that he can tell you aren't really looking for the help so he hasn't tried hard to offer?

    southbx would be the expert here on the subject.

  6. #28431
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    817

    Default

    100 burpees and the probie manual. Happy Sunday
    bklynmike91 likes this.

  7. #28432
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    100 burpees and the probie manual. Happy Sunday
    Bout to go hit the gym ... i'm up to 10 mins on the stair bastard with vest now.

    Did you print out the manual ? I read it off my phone on PDF. Its like $100 for a print out, but I just may have to bite that bullet.

  8. #28433
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Bout to go hit the gym ... i'm up to 10 mins on the stair bastard with vest now.

    Did you print out the manual ? I read it off my phone on PDF. Its like $100 for a print out, but I just may have to bite that bullet.
    Got it on my phone on tablet. Tablet is easier. But I printed out the reading list and study guides.

  9. #28434
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Ems is going to do a promo while this list is still active? Using what test? I find this hard to beleive.

  10. #28435
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Ems is going to do a promo while this list is still active? Using what test? I find this hard to beleive.
    The rumor is that they will hold the promotion separate and earlier. In my mind it kind of makes sense if they prepare that list to be used immediately after 2000 expires. Then while they draw from the next promotion they can hold and prepare the next OC. It kinda makes sense since there will be enough EMS guys for probably 2 classes by themselves, better to do them first than have to start the clock on the next OC list for just a few dozen candidates.

  11. #28436
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Makes sense for them to not run them concurrently.

  12. #28437
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Any rumors on when the next promo or open competitive exam will be??

  13. #28438
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Just got off the phone with my investigator, she said 30xx's are not going in for the summer academy. We are looking at December. Hope this helps ppl around that range

  14. #28439
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Just got off the phone with my investigator, she said 30xx's are not going in for the summer academy. We are looking at December. Hope this helps ppl around that range
    True ... That figures.

    Did she say when we can expect to get Med and Psych ?

  15. #28440
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Just got off the phone with my investigator, she said 30xx's are not going in for the summer academy. We are looking at December. Hope this helps ppl around that range
    Wow. If they can confidently say 3000 for December then that must mean they expect to get through a good about of guys in the 2000s. Anyone seen any women throughout this process? Med and psych I mean. Haven't seen any. Just curious
    bklynmike91 likes this.

  16. #28441
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Wow. If they can confidently say 3000 for December then that must mean they expect to get through a good about of guys in the 2000s. Anyone seen any women throughout this process? Med and psych I mean. Haven't seen any. Just curious
    I haven't seen any myself after CPAT practice. I'm sure there are a few that made it past the CPAT though. I expect there will be a few in each of the next few classes.

  17. #28442
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I****onFIRES View Post
    Do mentors sign up to be mentors or are they assigned to be mentors?

    Just asking because my mentor seems like he was assigned and doesnt really want to do it lol. Gives me short replies, not much detail. Saids we should meet up, never do. Asks me about things we already talked about.

    I honestly didnt really want one or felt like I needed one. I was pretty much forced to sign up with all the emails, phone calls, and again at the orientation. They keep saying that this and that is optional but theyre really saying "I know we said its optional and it is, but you have to" lol
    Mentors sign-up to be interviewed and those chosen go into the data-base for the FFCMP. As new candidates sign up, they're given a mentor. Some are bound to be better than others, but you must remember that it's up to you to use your mentor when questions arise. For my part, if i don't hear from a mentee for a couple of weeks, I'll shoot an email over to check up and ask if anything's going on. Sure, sometimes it could be repeat questions, but that's just because sometimes we need reminding. Remember, we're not doing this at work, per se. We're doing it while we're at home and sometimes that can mean needing a little reminder. Maybe your mentor has 5 mentees and others are very active and at a point in the process where they require more attention.

    Keep on them, keep asking them questions and push for an answer, BUT (!!!) remember that there isn't always an answer to your question and we won't always know. Sometimes we get inside info through the grape-vine, but more often we don't.

    I've been doing it for more than a year, almost 2, and I'd say that they most beneficial information I can provide is that which will you navigate The Rock and your first days in the firehouse. We're not privy to information from inside CID, but we've gone through what you're all going through and can tell you how it turns out on the other side.

    Remember, your mentor (and everyone else on the job) went through all the trials that you're facing. We had out med/psych and went through the academy. We've had out first days in a Company and had our balls-busted at the kitchen table and during drills. We can help you handle yourself and we offer a friendly ear when you're in a position where you might not know when to speak or what to ask.

    It's a beneficial program that allows you to take as much, or as little advantage as you need. There's no reason not to partake and many reasons you should.

    Good Luck.
    bkopie, bklynmike91 and fndyoneday like this.

  18. #28443
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Psyc date 3/14
    Late 26xx's

  19. #28444
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
    Psyc date 3/14
    Late 26xx's
    this means mine should be waiting in the mail. late 26xx over here too. this thing is running quicker than i thought. time to hit the track & probie study guide tonight
    Gomer Pyle likes this.

  20. #28445
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    this means mine should be waiting in the mail. late 26xx over here too. this thing is running quicker than i thought. time to hit the track & probie study guide tonight
    Yeah you guys are def getting process fast. There was 6 month gap from my intake to medical.

    Started off March with 4040s 100 burpees followed immediately by a 5 mile run, it was the first time I ever ran continuously for 5 miles without stopping for a break. My pace was slow for the last two miles but making some progress

  21. #28446
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    My 3 reference letters went out already.

    31XX here ... intake was just last Thursday on 2/19.
    Wait, what? You're list number 31XX and got reference letters and intake?

  22. #28447
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmart1 View Post
    Wait, what? You're list number 31XX and got reference letters and intake?
    Affirmative.

    Waiting on my Med next, then Psych. My previous employers got their letters too.

    Where are you on the list ?
    bklynmike91 likes this.

  23. #28448
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    817

    Default

    My current and previous employers haven't gotten their letters yet. But my investigator said they sent them. Their bad or mine? Should I worry? Or can I still be hired without these letters?
    My references got theirs.

  24. #28449
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    My 3 reference letters went out already.

    31XX here ... intake was just last Thursday on 2/19.
    wow. 46xx seems so close!
    Matador611 likes this.

  25. #28450
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    My current and previous employers haven't gotten their letters yet. But my investigator said they sent them. Their bad or mine? Should I worry? Or can I still be hired without these letters?
    My references got theirs.
    I don't think its as big a deal as we may make it out to be. Many of these letters get sent back to investigators with " return to sender " because places went out of business or moved.

    I think the most important thing is that your employment history in your CPB matches your SS earnings statement, which proves you actually worked there and paid taxes for it.

    The rest is just window dressing IMHO.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 28 users browsing this thread. (9 members and 19 guests)

  1. 40&OUT,
  2. 4040clubBouncer,
  3. BKLYN1986,
  4. chadxmerch,
  5. irish2522,
  6. MuscleHamster,
  7. nptks,
  8. screwedby6019,
  9. TB_FDNY

Similar Threads

  1. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 02-09-2015, 12:28 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-30-2015, 04:26 AM
  3. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  4. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  5. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register