Like Tree10634Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    To all my fellow 6019er's: most of us who still roam these boards are the cream of the crop off of our list. Some of us have been thru medicals 3 times, some of us were even offered employment. Don't let some one who, didnt even take our exam (griff) and someone who was barely hired off of his list (the only reason he was hired was because terrorists murdered hundreds of FDNY firemen and the dept. reached unprecedented list numbers, aka "southbx"), deflate your hopes of being hired the proper way. The way we should have been hired four years ago. They have no dog in OUR fight, therefore their OPINIONS are moot at best.
    I shouldn't bite....but I'm gonna! You don't know me, you don't know when I was hired (not at the end of the list, FYI) and don't you ever talk about 9/11 like it benefited anybody. Further more, I DO have a dog in this fight. I care about the job and who is getting on. I care about the job my son might want to push for some day. I go to every Merrit matters meeting and sit and take interst in everything thats said, i also give the candidates all the respect they deserve when they speak. I'm glad to see them there.

To the folks who took 6019, don't let this jerkoff misconstrue my message. I think you guys got hosed, without a doubt. However, my advice is to not put your efforts into a cause that doesn't look like its going to have a positive outcome. If that turns out not to be the case, great! In the mean times, a new processes has begun and there is a lot still at play. Hopefully everyone prepared for the recent exam and now is ready to put their efforts into insuring that scoring is fair and hiring is racially blind. That is a fight that we can all have some impact on. Again, I hate to have seen you all take such a hit on 6019, I can imagine the frustration. However, the FDNY does not have the legal authority to extend a list. That is all in the hands of DCAS and the City Council and after spending millions on a new test and well publicized recruitment, they're not going to be inclined to go backwards. Neither should you. Look forward, stay ready and keep pushing for all things to be fair in the upcoming hiring process.

Good luck to all of you who took the recent exam. I'm more than glad to answer in questions and I'm sure plenty of other guys on the job feel the same way. Most people who come here to read about what's going on care enough to be the kind of people I hope to work with. Gimmeefire, or whatever your stupid name is.....with your attitude, this could be a long career.....if you ever make it through the door.
    SkylinePCG likes this.

Forum Member

To all my fellow 6019er's: most of us who still roam these boards are the cream of the crop off of our list. Some of us have been thru medicals 3 times, some of us were even offered employment. Don't let some one who, didnt even take our exam (griff) and someone who was barely hired off of his list (the only reason he was hired was because terrorists murdered hundreds of FDNY firemen and the dept. reached unprecedented list numbers, aka "southbx"), deflate your hopes of being hired the proper way. The way we should have been hired four years ago. They have no dog in OUR fight, therefore their OPINIONS are moot at best.
    probly should have kept this one to yourself

Forum Member

Was helping teach a CPR class in Rockaway, Queens today saw ladder 126 on the Van Wyck I believe and engine 328 go on 2 calls past the building I was in. Real motivation to see those guys at work. I'm still too afraid to walk into a FH, I'm not worthy to speak to anyone yet.

Forum Member

I think one of the most frustrating things of this thread isn't the fact that people are attacking one another, they are attacking one another based on their differences which is something that has been used as fuel for the lawsuits currently at the department's doorstep.

GIMMEFIRE and DC, I understand how upset you both must be in your pursuit of the greatest career on Earth. Being so close only to have the bar pulled away from you, and for you to fall. While I will never say that has happened to me in the civil service world, I will say that it has occured to me in the world of business and it is not only frustrating, but both disheartening and depressing.

However, you are always welcome to our Exam2000 meetings and more importantly to share our goals and views on the current exam. Even more so we have a game plan set in place and with the release of more information we will slowly inact what we are trying to accomplish. What's more frustating is that we only know you from the online world and we cannot and should not reflect this as who you are in real life, but I do believe that the internet's ability to allow anonymity does put you both in a easier position to criticize without a constructiveness. If we were to meet in real life I'm sure most of the tension would be released and next meeting I would personally love meeting both of you.

Plus GIMMEFIRE from earlier posts, you had a perfect score so I think saying you should be good to go is an understatement. Best of luck to both of you, and do hope to see you at a meeting soon!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I'm still too afraid to walk into a FH, I'm not worthy to speak to anyone yet.
    I'm sure they appreciate the respect but go in there. If you feel that worried about it, call and schedule and appointment.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    I'm sure they appreciate the respect but go in there. If you feel that worried about it, call and schedule and appointment.
    And whatever you do, don't forget to bring some cakes and pies for them!

Forum Member

I'm on a hardcore diet..I try not to be around that stuff lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I'm on a hardcore diet..I try not to be around that stuff lol.
    lol...it aint for you guy!

Forum Member

Oh, I know I know..lol

Forum Member

Does anyone know anything about court today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Does anyone know anything about court today?
    Check out the 6019 Thread:

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t97154-613/ (Fdny List 6019)

Forum Member

to my fellow 6019ers. lets not be like homeless guys who all they talk about is NAM. if you go up to old war vets, all they do is talk about their old war days.
    lets face it, we got phucked with 6019. ok now lets try to get over it already, because if we dont, when were 54 years old we will still be talking about a goddamn civil service test.
    god has a plan and the meant to be will be.
    lets move the **** on to bigger and better things all this bull **** bickering on here and rules rules rules. what we can talk about what we cant
    this is a public forum, and this is america, just stfu and let us all speculate goddamnit

Forum Member

with that being said, i have a pretty good source that scores will release first week of september.

Forum Member

Cassano's update on the exam and lawsuit.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_35_2012.pdf

Forum Member

Cassano's update on the exam and lawsuit.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_35_2012.pdf
    Nice nice the ball is rolling on test scores. Would be nice to get updates like this periodically

Forum Member

So When the New Test Gets canned because they dont have the bulk of african americans in the top 5 k then what will they do>? You know the judge is not gonne ok a test without HIS results...if he does he will like a total idiot. I firmly believe this test will have similar results like 6019 unless there is any tampering involved. Then we are back at square one again with our hands down our pants waiting....and waiting.......and waiting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dc33017 View Post
    so when the new test gets canned because they dont have the bulk of african americans in the top 5 k then what will they do>? You know the judge is not gonne ok a test without his results...if he does he will like a total idiot. I firmly believe this test will have similar results like 6019 unless there is any tampering involved. Then we are back at square one again with our hands down our pants waiting....and waiting.......and waiting.
    get over it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    get over it

Please elaborate on your "get over it" statement.....I would love to know what you mean by that

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Is it me or did anyone else read 600 vacancies open. Wtf is going on, someone explain this in ABC form for me. This doesn't look like a realistic number to me. I thought it was 3000 vacancies at least.
    Last edited by Fdnytolife4130; 06-30-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Forum Member

The 3000 is probably based on speculation and forecasted attrition. Rumors can be a bitch

Forum Member

If they haven't hired in 5 years, what is the attrition rate? from retirements, promotions, and medical issues? plus, if they hire will they add the extra man back on all the apparatus?

Forum Member

Bloomy is trying to avoid layoffs. I doubt he'll start beefing-up manpower. I assume attrition over the last five years is the 600 (the lost apparatus man included in that figure). So maybe another 75 to 100 positions in the coming year, if they're included in next year's budget. I can only assume, based on what I know about budgets, that they'll try to put Exam 2000 on next year's budget.

Look at me speculating. Not practicing what I preach
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 07-01-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Forum Member

The attrition rate would be much much higher if not for the lawsuit..... Many guys on the job who are ready to retire wont because of the rampant overtime they are getting......Regular FF's are making Thousands of $$'s in OT which are beefing up their last 3 averaged years for their pension.....So to your poiint that there are many more open positions than 600,,,there are....Guys are just waiting until that first class gets in the field where the OT dries up and BAM hundreds of guys will be filing their retirement papers with HUGE pensions!! So in reality the city needs to fill those 600 spots and then keep up the hiring as to not fall behind the attrition that is going to come in droves when it is all said and done.

Like i said befofre the only people who got F'd in this whole thing are the taxpayers and the cream of 6019

Forum Member

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. A lot of OT

Forum Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1108828

Looks like Garufis is still hell bend on racial quotas. Luckily anyone who failed a fire test twice probably wont be able to write a full letter of objection without help.

Thread Information