Like Tree12509Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    Yeah from what I read on here after we complete the run they give it to us.

I also printed it out at work but I had to be a ninja and sneak it only do a few chapters at a time. You're gana have to sneak out like 1000 pages my brother lol.
    lol exactly what i just did. boss asked me what am i doing carrying all these bags? i said "nuffin' sir just doing some cleaning, you know me"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Its like 1100 pages bro ... thats like 4 reams of paper !!!
    lol yea only did it til chapter 8, tomorrow i shall go ham on that printer again, no mercy
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
    I hope your printing it double sided. Cuts it in half
    you're right i shouldve thought of that smh

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by terminatornyc View Post
    Hello everyone been following the post for years,finally made an account. I took the fdny test a week after I signed my military contract(hooa). Im going to ets jan 2016. Im in active duty status. My list number is 377*. I never put down veterans credit . My wife and kids stayed in nyc and I have home of record in Brooklyn and all my taxes while I was in active duty went to nyc.My 2 questions are will my list number be called prior to my ets date and will I be able to provide any paperwork when the time comes to show my chain of command that I have to participate in medical and physical ability evaluations from the fdny.I am in great physical shape and have great respect towards the fdny and cant wait to join .Thank you and have a great day.
    Your list may or may not be called at the end of the year to start the paperwork and investigation process. But you won't actually be academy ready until at least next summer.

Maybe someone else can give a little more in depth answer.
    terminatornyc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    Women say the physical exam is too hard.... the academy is unfair to women... I wonder why

http://nypost.com/2015/02/22/seventy...on-disability/
    "Click-bait" was the best description I've heard for this article....which is really about nothing at all.

Right now, the number of retirements for Service Incurred Disability is incredibly inflated, due mostly to 9-11. I work with guys who spent time at The Pile and they're coming down with all sorts of diseases. Lung Cancer, digestive cancers, sinus troubles and increased rates of severe respiratory infection. There are guys working through some of the pain, but failing medical exams none-the-less.

How can you write an article about this right now when the numbers are so acutely influenced?

Forum Member

Got the inside scoop from a retired vet on my current construction site, I had him snoop around -- looks like my dreams are crushed. They're estimating reaching aprox. 5500 on this list give or take. Me sitting at 79XX I am pretty screwed if the ratio stays as is. I had hopes of a possibility of sliding in the last class if they decided to do 3 classes a year but they are not.

I need a favor, start bashing the job to everyone you know on the list below me--- thanks guys I will return the love if I ever get sworn in

Forum Member

Theres a good chance this guy doesn't know ****.

Forum Member

fap tomorrow??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    fap tomorrow??
    Got mines on Saturday..

I wonder how they're going to do it with this weather.

Forum Member

Is FAP mandatory? Do you get DQ if you don't attend??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Is FAP mandatory? Do you get DQ if you don't attend??
    No its not

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Praying_Patiently View Post
    Got the inside scoop from a retired vet on my current construction site, I had him snoop around -- looks like my dreams are crushed. They're estimating reaching aprox. 5500 on this list give or take. Me sitting at 79XX I am pretty screwed if the ratio stays as is. I had hopes of a possibility of sliding in the last class if they decided to do 3 classes a year but they are not.

I need a favor, start bashing the job to everyone you know on the list below me--- thanks guys I will return the love if I ever get sworn in
    I thought the top 5000 has always been the number, they said it at the rock. Who knows though?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    I thought the top 5000 has always been the number, they said it at the rock. Who knows though?
    at rate its going 5400-5600 is approx where the list will stop. but still way too early to tell...we will know more in like a year, at that point there will be 1 to 2 classes left

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Bout to go hit the gym ... i'm up to 10 mins on the stair bastard with vest now.

Did you print out the manual ? I read it off my phone on PDF. Its like $100 for a print out, but I just may have to bite that bullet.
    I bought a copy of the manuals from my mentor I can resell it to you if you want or whoever needs it. $30 for both copies.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    Got mines on Saturday..

I wonder how they're going to do it with this weather.
    same. bet saturdays get extra crowded cuz of this weather.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    I bought a copy of the manuals from my mentor I can resell it to you if you want or whoever needs it. $30 for both copies.
    You mentor sold you a copy of the probie manual? SMH

Forum Member

Guys don't go crazy printing out 1000 pages of the manual. They're going to hand you the manual when you get in. If you wanna read a little bit. You can read a few of the earlier cycles online. It's not that big of a deal. I read very little before I started. Maybe 1 chapter and I'm doing just fine.

Forum Member

at rate its going 5400-5600 is approx where the list will stop. but still way too early to tell...we will know more in like a year, at that point there will be 1 to 2 classes left
    I'm really hoping they add more classes. But wouldn't the max be an extra 2 classes?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm really hoping they add more classes. But wouldn't the max be an extra 2 classes?
    Yea. But keep in mind they're already doing "3 classes" a year but it's just not per calendar year. It's fiscal. Also they keep a month between classes. If they changed that to 2 weeks they could fit another class or 2

Forum Member

Must have done 100+ push-ups today as part of my workout.

How can I do 17-20 pull-ups no problem and my push-ups still feel like they suck.

I know the fitness test is 30 push-ups but how many times in the academy do we do sets of 30 or more?

I start to break form around 50-60

Forum Member

Yea. But keep in mind they're already doing "3 classes" a year but it's just not per calendar year. It's fiscal. Also they keep a month between classes. If they changed that to 2 weeks they could fit another class or 2
    Confused about this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Praying_Patiently View Post

I'm a few hundred numbers ahead of you and my friend OTJ said the person he talked to this week felt my number was real good. Just goes to show you it all depends on who you talk to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    Hes messed up

Thread Information