Like Tree12529Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    If they charged the mentor for the book then I understand. But some of these guys for 5 mentees. So they making $150 a class selling probie manuals lol
    No one should be charging anyone for something that's readily accessible for free. Especially when they are getting overtime and helping future employees. That's just my opinion.

Forum Member

Feels like the other day i was timing myself for the mile and a half run ... now its Wednesday of week 10.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxking04 View Post
    Feels like the other day i was timing myself for the mile and a half run ... now its Wednesday of week 10.
    Almost there ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    I'm a few hundred numbers ahead of you and my friend OTJ said the person he talked to this week felt my number was real good. Just goes to show you it all depends on who you talk to.
    Thanks fellas - this and all the above responses are true, guess the info just kinda hit me hard and i had to vent..... Only time will tell, until then its just training as usual.

Forum Member

Any new rumors. Wasn't there a FAp today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Any new rumors. Wasn't there a FAp today?
    FAP is in the afternoon ... a lil anxious there aren't you ?

You're on the cusp of the academy brother, just under 90 days or so ... some of us have to wait even longer than you to get the call.
    fndyoneday likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Confused about this?
    Fiscal year is July-June. It's how they come up with the budgets and money. So a class in July, December and June will be "3 per year".
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    FAP is in the afternoon ... a lil anxious there aren't you ?

You're on the cusp of the academy brother, just under 90 days or so ... some of us have to wait even longer than you to get the call.
    4040s just hyped that he finally gets his shot to impress the DIs with 45 unbroken kipping pull ups

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    4040s just hyped that he finally gets his shot to impress the DIs with 45 unbroken kipping pull ups
    Lmao and wait till they see my muscle ups. Just ready to see the rock again and hear what advice is given out, really.

Forum Member

LOL quick question though. are kipping pullups allowed at the academy? i thought they would be strict with it like pushups, ive been doing mine very strict full body straight just pulling up with my arms/shoulders full extension and flexion, all the way down, all the way up basically. seems like kipping pullups are good for cardio but more susceptible to injury

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    LOL quick question though. are kipping pullups allowed at the academy? i thought they would be strict with it like pushups, ive been doing mine very strict full body straight just pulling up with my arms/shoulders full extension and flexion, all the way down, all the way up basically. seems like kipping pullups are good for cardio but more susceptible to injury
    No kipping
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

http://i.imgur.com/Kqctx.gif

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Lmao ... it'd be funny if 4040 showed up to FAP Saturday in a Richard Simmons get up ...

Headband and all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    No one should be charging anyone for something that's readily accessible for free. Especially when they are getting overtime and helping future employees. That's just my opinion.
    My thoughts on this are not facts, just my best guess. The mentor isn't being given copies of the probie books to hand out. They are probably just trying to be helpful by spending their own money to print the books. As long as they aren't over charging I can't really see a problem with it. Binders and 1000 pages at a copy shop aren't exactly cheap. Personally I agree with you guys who are saying why not just read it on your ipad/laptop, but plenty of people still prefer the paper.

Newsflash: Once on the job if you want a personal hard copy of the books you have to spend several hundred dollars on them. If you want the printed updates mailed to you quarterly that costs money too. I think you can get em on CD too, for much cheaper. You can also access them for free on department computers (what I do). Fortunately many guys have figured out how to make it easier and it's pretty easy to get the books on dropbox/google drive.

Forum Member

Default Lockers for Medical

Hey everyone! I have my medical schedule for tomorrow morning. I was suppose to have it Feb 19 but had to reschedule because I had the flu. List 265*. Are there any lockers for use to keep our stuff in during the exam? I'm gonna bring my gym stuff there because it suppose to be horrible tomorrow morning. Thanks guys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by loconights View Post
    Hey everyone! I have my medical schedule for tomorrow morning. I was suppose to have it Feb 19 but had to reschedule because I had the flu. List 265*. Are there any lockers for use to keep our stuff in during the exam? I'm gonna bring my gym stuff there because it suppose to be horrible tomorrow morning. Thanks guys!
    Negative. Just bring a gym bag or something and change in the bathroom.

Forum Member

Thank you brother. Good to know.

Forum Member

Whats the dress code for the psych? I always wear suits for most stuff but with the crappy weather, am I gonna look like a jerk with jeans, boots, and a hoody? I have it Saturday.

Thread Information