Like Tree12935Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Looks like Saturday morning brought it. Saturday afternoon only a handful put up times like that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Looks like Saturday morning brought it. Saturday afternoon only a handful put up times like that.
    yeah man for cpat training last year i went for the saturday afternoon sessions to wake up rested and ready to go. The DI's used to say that overall, morning people did better and seemed more motivated than the afternoon heads. At the time, i thought it was just a general opinion, but thought I'd switch up to mornings this time and noticed it myself, it is true in alot of senses. We still had some dudes struggle for dear life in all categories though.

Forum Member

Is the FAP all business or do we have to sit in the auditorium for lectures too?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    yeah man for cpat training last year i went for the saturday afternoon sessions to wake up rested and ready to go. The DI's used to say that overall, morning people did better and seemed more motivated than the afternoon heads. At the time, i thought it was just a general opinion, but thought I'd switch up to mornings this time and noticed it myself, it is true in alot of senses. We still had some dudes struggle for dear life in all categories though.
    Agreed I saw one that was barely able to do ONE pull up. I mean it's one thing to be out of shape but it's embarrassing to want this job and can't even do one.

Can't lie though like many of you have said this forum def pushes me to go harder and it keeps me motivated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Is the FAP all business or do we have to sit in the auditorium for lectures too?
    all business. they'll talk to everyone for a few to give you a sense of what they're expecting of you physically and give you a chance to ask any questions you may have.
    FDNY4LIFE718 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    Agreed I saw one that was barely able to do ONE pull up. I mean it's one thing to be out of shape but it's embarrassing to want this job and can't even do one.

Can't lie though like many of you have said this forum def pushes me to go harder and it keeps me motivated.
    yeah i saw that too, to each his own i guess. separates the serious from the not-so-serious.

Forum Member

One pull up ?!

Forum Member

There was a rumor that the academy might be shortened to 15 weeks. A current probie told me that was what he heard. Someone at FAP said they heard the same thing from their mentor. Apparently, they are not going to shorten the academy. They're worried that guys that might have failed a 18 week academy would sue the city if they shortened the academy to get more classes in there. An unfortunate reality they have to consider. Looks like itll be 18 weeks for us, which may be better- the studying looks to be intense for 18 weeks
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4G View Post
    There was a rumor that the academy might be shortened to 15 weeks. A current probie told me that was what he heard. Someone at FAP said they heard the same thing from their mentor. Apparently, they are not going to shorten the academy. They're worried that guys that might have failed a 18 week academy would sue the city if they shortened the academy to get more classes in there. An unfortunate reality they have to consider. Looks like itll be 18 weeks for us, which may be better- the studying looks to be intense for 18 weeks
    This has been reported here so many times from so many people with so many different sources. It sounds credible, and I believe it could be done, but it hasn't yet. I wouldn't give it much thought until guys entering an academy come back here and say "It's only going to be X # weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    What ever happened to 20/22 and out? It's 25 now?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdtofd2000 View Post
    Under tier 3 it's 22 1/2 and out but in order to get the full benefits of that tier you have to do 25
    That's correct, though actually it allows for a couple of different options where you don't even have to work to 25 to get the Escalation/Cost of living benefit(COLA). If you retire at 22.5 but don't start collecting till you hit 25 you can get it. If you retire before 22.5 you get a partial pension, but if you hold off on collecting that partial pension until 25 you get COLA, etc etc.

To cut to the chase they want you to wait 25 years to start collecting, and there is a benefit to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    Have a state job. Part of New York State & Local Retirement System. I'm in Tier 5. Does anyone know how that works with carrying time over?
    PM me.

Forum Member

Great night to hit the pavement.

Was going to the gym but took notice of the weather and switched up the schedule.

Get out there and run fellas ...
    kmart1 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    You must've been right behind me in the run man haha. I finished 9:55.
    That was me. I did 9:56. I'm pretty sure we would have both ran above 10 without the added 3rd place motivation.
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

I couldn't make this past Saturday due to psych, did they say what we needed to bring for the calisthenics?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I couldn't make this past Saturday due to psych, did they say what we needed to bring for the calisthenics?
    Medical clearance form and a yoga mat.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    Medical clearance form and a yoga mat.
    Thanks bud.

Forum Member

How was the psych ?

Forum Member

I'm 46xx and just got an email to sign up for CPAT prep and a mentor.

Forum Member

Just got physical prep and mentorship e-mail - 99 33xx

Forum Member

I also now have a boatload of anxiety because I'm not physically 100% ready for this hahaha.
    kmart1 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    How was the psych ?
    You haven't done yours? Anyways, it was a joke. It's true or false trying to see if your a sicko. Some bizarre questions like are you afraid of water and do you see a vision. They said we had 4 hours and it seemed like some dudes might have needed it. I was about the tenth guy out and that includes getting up eating a snake. You can leave once you complete.

Forum Member

Going to cpat prep class march 23rd!! ..yea baby lets start this muddafugga! Gonna go run my fat *** outside now lol
    kmart1 and POLGVB like this.

Forum Member

Default Just received mentorship and cpat training email , number is 376*. Still o

Still on active duty for army hopefully mentor can tell me how to proceed. I'll ets end of the year. Good luck to everyone who received email today.
    kmart1 likes this.

Forum Member

Cpat prep was fun, I only went twice. You will get to enjoy your first taste of the big picture.i believe the first actual cpat prep is an orientation. The next one is where you get to do every event at your own pace, station to station. Then they jump right into time trials. Some people felt the need to do it every week. For me one time trial was good enough. I definitely think cpat prep is harder than the actual cpat. Pace your self and if your in moderate to good shape you'll be just fine. Also figure a day of the week you will be able to commit to. They want to know that the first day.

Forum Member

How long after cpat prep was your actual cpat ?

In the bottom of email it says something about them starting week of april 6th. The cpat preps are all this months

List 37xx

Forum Member

You haven't done yours? Anyways, it was a joke. It's true or false trying to see if your a sicko. Some bizarre questions like are you afraid of water and do you see a vision. They said we had 4 hours and it seemed like some dudes might have needed it.
    Not as yet. I think those of us 100's above 2850 or so will do Med and Psych after this next class goes in.

I was about the tenth guy out and that includes getting up eating a snake. You can leave once you complete.
    You eat snakes bro, or is that part of the Psych ???
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by screwedby6019 View Post
    How long after cpat prep was your actual cpat ?

In the bottom of email it says something about them starting week of april 6th. The cpat preps are all this months

List 37xx
    About 4 - 6 weeks after the first CPAT prep.

Thread Information