Like Tree13160Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I'm 46xx and just got an email to sign up for CPAT prep and a mentor.
    I'm 45** and haven't received anything yet.

Forum Member

Signed up for the last one(29th at 12pm) I wanted to do the early one but I won't be in town then, does this mean I could have pushed back my actual CPAT?? And just to check, was everyone else registered through the link? Or did you actually fill stuff out?

Anyway, waited this long, what's another week? Let's get after it boys!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    Signed up for the last one(29th at 12pm) I wanted to do the early one but I won't be in town then, does this mean I could have pushed back my actual CPAT?? And just to check, was everyone else registered through the link? Or did you actually fill stuff out?

I signed up for the same date, just because I can't leave work early during the week without my bosses knowing something is up and risking getting fired lol. I don't think it will change when CPAT is. probably still by list #

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post

DCAS and FDNY work independently from one another. You have no control of when your CPAT will be. I'm pretty sure it goes by SS #.

No matter what days you pick for CPAT Prep at the Rock, DCAS will assign you the day they choose for your actual CPAT test.

You will see that CPAT prep at the Rock will not be over, and some of the other candidates will have already taken their first crack at the real test.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Forum Member

#34xx Received CPAT training and mentor e-mail. Registered for last week in March. The wait is over! (Feels so damn good saying that!)
    Last edited by kmart1; 03-11-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    About 4 - 6 weeks after the first CPAT prep.
    So the actual CPAT is before Intake? Cool.
    Sitting at 46xx & I also got an e-mail for CPAT prep. Damn this is really happening...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    So the actual CPAT is before Intake? Cool.
    Sitting at 46xx & I also got an e-mail for CPAT prep. Damn this is really happening...
    Cpat is usually the 1st step in the process, then the investigation,medical and psych( in that order)

Forum Member

Any oral psychs go out yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    Cpat is usually the 1st step in the process, then the investigation,medical and psych( in that order)
    Ah ok thanks for clarifying man.

Forum Member

I signed up for the same date, just because I can't leave work early during the week without my bosses knowing something is up and risking getting fired lol. I don't think it will change when CPAT is. probably still by list #
    That **** should be illegal. They shouldn't be able to Fire you because your exploring other avenues.

Forum Member

4600? Six thousands here we come.

Forum Member

37** got mine as well ...feels good to finally start the process.

Forum Member

Since the search for this forum sucks, and I can't find it in my saved notes, what's dress for CPAT prep? business casual? suit?

Forum Member

The first day for cpat orientation just dress in clean casual clothes, no need for suit, just don't look like a mess and don't be late. Also talk to each other and start gathering numbers and emails to keep on contact with each other. Hats off in the building and stay quiet when the instructors are taking to you.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Time to buy some nice khakis haha.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

I'm in the 45** range and have yet to receive a CPAT prep date.

What number should I call in order to rectify the situation since the 4600's have received emails?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    I'm in the 45** range and have yet to receive a CPAT prep date.

What number should I call in order to rectify the situation since the 4600's have received emails?
    Check your spam folder.. check any other folders that are incoming.. might be in another

Forum Member

Bet they do another hundred or so medicals more. Looks like they're at 2850.

Forum Member

I also now have a boatload of anxiety because I'm not physically 100% ready for this hahaha.
    Don't worry, a lot of us probably feel the same way. Here we go!

Forum Member

The stair machine is your new best friend!!
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

I'm 34xx and I didn't receive any email either...I've been trying to have my current email update through both DCAS and FDNY Recruitment, and it's like pulling teeth. I keep getting transferred to different people. I just talked to Recruitment and she was telling me that the CPAT prep and Mentorship program are by invitation only and said everyone ahead of me probably submitted all their paper work with their investigator and I told her that I don't think they are that far into the process, that it was just the email and she got really nasty to me...do they skip some people? I thought it was by list number. what else should I do to make sure I get this email so I can sign up for CPAT prep and mentor?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post
    I'm 34xx and I didn't receive any email either...I've been trying to have my current email update through both DCAS and FDNY Recruitment, and it's like pulling teeth. I keep getting transferred to different people. I just talked to Recruitment and she was telling me that the CPAT prep and Mentorship program are by invitation only and said everyone ahead of me probably submitted all their paper work with their investigator and I told her that I don't think they are that far into the process, that it was just the email and she got really nasty to me...do they skip some people? I thought it was by list number. what else should I do to make sure I get this email so I can sign up for CPAT prep and mentor?
    Most, if not all of the correspondence we receive from FDNY for this process is sent both by email and snail mail.

If you have not received the email as yet, fret not. The letter will come in the mail.

Forum Member

I'm 34XX as well. It came through e-mail. Have you been receiving the Recruitment E-News from the FDNY? If you have then you should have gotten it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post

I'm 34XX as well. It came through e-mail. Have you been receiving the Recruitment E-News from the FDNY? If you have then you should have gotten it.

Forum Member

Leaving calisthenics now. Woah it was an eye opener for all of us. DIs yelling at you. Lots of burpees. Push up position and planks on elbows

Some guys really struggled. No one thought it was easy. Plenty of time to get better.

Chief confirmed June 28 swear in. Run letters end of May and beginning of June. No 15 week classes. CID is too busy to process at that pace. Approx 600-700 list numbers to fill the June class was estimated by the chief of PFS.

Thread Information