Like Tree12946Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Leaving calisthenics now. Woah it was an eye opener for all of us. DIs yelling at you. Lots of burpees. Push up position and planks on elbows

Some guys really struggled. No one thought it was easy. Plenty of time to get better.

Chief confirmed June 28 swear in. Run letters end of May and beginning of June. No 15 week classes. CID is too busy to process at that pace. Approx 600-700 list numbers to fill the June class was estimated by the chief of PFS.
    Wow this just got even more real. But just got even more motivated. This is only a few months away!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmart1 View Post
    I'm 34XX as well. It came through e-mail. Have you been receiving the Recruitment E-News from the FDNY? If you have then you should have gotten it.
    I haven't recieved anything at all! Do you think you would be able to forward me any important emails that you think I may need, to my email when ever you have free time? I'd really appreciate it...wish it was easier dealing with DCAS smh

Forum Member

Leaving calisthenics now. Woah it was an eye opener for all of us. DIs yelling at you. Lots of burpees. Push up position and planks on elbows

Some guys really struggled. No one thought it was easy. Plenty of time to get better.

Chief confirmed June 28 swear in. Run letters end of May and beginning of June. No 15 week classes. CID is too busy to process at that pace. Approx 600-700 list numbers to fill the June class was estimated by the chief of PFS.
    dammit at late 26xx, my chances for the summer are looking slim jim for me... ready for whatever though, just sucks to push an extra 6 months of anxiety

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    dammit at late 26xx, my chances for the summer are looking slim jim for me... ready for whatever though, just sucks to push an extra 6 months of anxiety
    Totally understand brother. You might get that last second call so keep training.

Hope all of us on here in range get the run for this summer
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

I think you should be in this summer.. think about it.. it's 600 to 700 people. . Not list numbers.. I don't think he meant from where they last left off..(1950) just my opinion. Have hope!!
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    I think you should be in this summer.. think about it.. it's 600 to 700 people. . Not list numbers.. I don't think he meant from where they last left off..(1950) just my opinion. Have hope!!
    from 1950 im 740-750 numbers away. only thing that would save me is if there are more deferments, failures in medical, issues with investigations, and some crazies that didn't pass psych lol fingers crossed for these next 3 months straight! thanks tho

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    Totally understand brother. You might get that last second call so keep training.

Hope all of us on here in range get the run for this summer
    yeah i hope i do. I mean how cool would it be, most of us are in the same range killing anxiety on here, going through the process and seeing progress together and end up at the academy helping each other out. can't get any better but we'll see hopefully
    quietharvest1 likes this.

Forum Member

from 1950 im 740-750 numbers away. only thing that would save me is if there are more deferments, failures in medical, issues with investigations, and some crazies that didn't pass psych lol fingers crossed for these next 3 months straight! thanks tho
    oh yeah definitely. . Not every single number called is up to par with the investigation

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    I also feel GS has a shot of making it into the summer class, but just to clarify it is 600 - 700 list numbers or people ( one and the same ) to fill a class of 320 - 330.

1950 + 700 = 2650 ... to fill a class of 320 - 330 Probies. Factor in recycles and people who had issues from lower list #'s ... he may have a shot at that last run for the summer class.

I'm rooting for him.
    J0hnnyb0y, POLGVB, emt6586 and 2 others like this.

Forum Member

A buddy of mines went back to do the stairs and said that 2 candidates were disqualified b/c they touched the rails and that a few failed the 8 min.

Keep training...
    Don't get injured...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiyiyi View Post
    A buddy of mines went back to do the stairs and said that 2 candidates were disqualified b/c they touched the rails and that a few failed the 8 min.

Keep training...
    Don't get injured...
    damn thats wild. but those things happen. after the medical it doesn't get any easier

Forum Member

What the highest list number have you guys heard being called for medical?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigShawn718 View Post
    What the highest list number have you guys heard being called for medical?
    its between 2820-2850 I believe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rapiyiyi View Post

Keep training...
    Don't get injured...
    They're not dq'ed yet though. Gotta go see a doctor and they get another chance if that checks out.

Forum Member

I'm mid 26xx, I was told by my investigator months ago that I would be in the December class if I pass everything. They're just not going to be able to process everyone for June and stuff she said. Who knows but I dont have my hopes set on June really.

Forum Member

So for us starting cpat now, what is projected academy date?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by screwedby6019 View Post
    I would assume the lower numbers possibly a shot for december (lmid 3000's) then the rest for next june ( mid 3000's-4000's)? it really depends on how many re-treads they have, how many defer/don't take job. Thats a rough estimate really going off of nothing.

Forum Member

Anything could happen. Im training as if I was going into the June class sitting at 30XX. I know it's a long shot. 4:1 ratios have happened before.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    Anything could happen. Im training as if I was going into the June class sitting at 30XX. I know it's a long shot. 4:1 ratios have happened before.
    They're prepping the 99s pretty early to only be projecting 600 or so guys for the upcoming class - wouldn't be surprised if if was closer to 800+

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post
    I haven't recieved anything at all! Do you think you would be able to forward me any important emails that you think I may need, to my email when ever you have free time? I'd really appreciate it...wish it was easier dealing with DCAS smh
    The email for the CPAT and mentor things have customized links. It says filling out the application won't work unless you received the email directly.

Have you been getting the monthly Recruiter newsletter? It comes to the same email.

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    They're not dq'ed yet though. Gotta go see a doctor and they get another chance if that checks out.
    Yeah, but if they didn't prepare enough to pass the first time, maybe they don't care enough / don't know they can appeal. Maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by screwedby6019 View Post
    I'd say depends on range. I'm 46xx and just got cpat practice and I'm expecting next winter.

Forum Member

I have been following this forum for quite some time now, and to be honest, it appears that the investigators really don't have any good information at all when it comes to hiring predictions. I have yet to hear anyone credit game-changing or new information to their investigator. They speculate just like the rest of us, and just share already-known and sometimes misleading info. Just weird that nobody's found that really good source for information. Like the person calling the shots on who to send to the cpat and all based on their predictions.

I think 2600 is the absolute low possibility. That's half the numbers called being appointed...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post
    Yeah, it's attached and unique only to my e-mail. You gotta make a call to them and let them know. Try dcas.

Forum Member

its between 2820-2850 I believe.
    It's beyond 3000 at this point. I know someone at 30XX who's had his medical.
    BrooklynBorn and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Any one here advise against cross fit due to Injuries? I'm so tempted to join one even thou I've been more into power lifting and stairs but conditioning is horrible.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-11-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Majority View Post
    It's beyond 3000 at this point. I know someone at 30XX who's had his medical.
    Really? Im between 3010-3020 and havent done my medical yet.

Thread Information