Like Tree12896Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Passed the stairs yesterday. 5 out of 9 passed. I was part of the last wave to go and we all passed, was pretty stoked about that. Bottom line is to put the work in. There was one dude who physically looked like a legit beast. He failed, his reasoning was cotton mouth. I also noticed when I was signing in at the front desk there was people in front of me with list numbers in 4000s. I'm 26xx so I'm assuming he was a emt promo
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Got our pumpkin patches yesterday. Feeling Great!!

Forum Member

303X no medical. I was really hoping to get my packet this past week. I been on the stairmaster an hour everyday lol. It sounds like a bit overkill, but i now manage to maintain my hr between 120-150. I shaved off about 20 heart beats in a week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    303X no medical. I was really hoping to get my packet this past week. I been on the stairmaster an hour everyday lol. It sounds like a bit overkill, but i now manage to maintain my hr between 120-150. I shaved off about 20 heart beats in a week.
    How long with vest on, and without vest ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    When are you guys going into the field? Should be soon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    How long with vest on, and without vest ?
    No vest. The only time I've used a vest was on the cpat training and The actual CPAT.

My gym has this machine called the free motion stepper. It really conditions your legs for the added weight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    No vest. The only time I've used a vest was on the cpat training and The actual CPAT.

My gym has this machine called the free motion stepper. It really conditions your legs for the added weight.
    You should try with the vest if you can get your hands on one. It will make a big difference.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    When are you guys going into the field? Should be soon
    I think they're going in last week of March

Forum Member

Find out today that I'm still getting correspondence from FDNY at my old address, specifically the letter for the CPAT prep sessions. I submitted address change to FDNY and DCAS some time ago and verified that they had my new address in their systems. Now I'm worried that my intake packet is going to go to my parents house and not mine...

Who should I call to finally get this resolved?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Passed the stairs yesterday. 5 out of 9 passed. I was part of the last wave to go and we all passed, was pretty stoked about that. Bottom line is to put the work in. There was one dude who physically looked like a legit beast. He failed, his reasoning was cotton mouth. I also noticed when I was signing in at the front desk there was people in front of me with list numbers in 4000s. I'm 26xx so I'm assuming he was a emt promo
    LOL I got that on the CPAT and my stair machine redo on Thursday, its just nerves. I get all psyched up and then my mouth goes bone dry when the machine starts. Its not the end of the world but its annoying and weird. Worst part is I was right next to the EMT's locker next to the wall and he had two bottles of water and a red gatorade sitting right there on the shelf. I thought about just grabbing it and taking a swig while on the machine but didnt think that would go over well.
    EKFCASPER likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I'm confused how would he have that high of a list number if he was a promo, wouldn't he be on a different list with a much lower number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm confused how would he have that high of a list number if he was a promo, wouldn't he be on a different list with a much lower number.
    I'm not really sure. I know what I saw, just can't really figure it out. Maybe it has something to do with them deferring because they didn't have their required emt years? And for some reason they probably put down their OC list number? I know someone who was a promo that took both tests, but if he didn't take promo he would of never got on because he like an 80 on OC.

Forum Member

I don't know if this came up before....but it was confirmed to me yesterday. There will be a Promo test given before the next OC exam. That EMS to Fire promo will be given next winter and this is a first for them. Usually they're given simultaneously. I don't know that they'll use this exam to hire people until after list #2000 expires, but promoting from EMS is a quicker process because they're already FDNY employees and they can get a class together faster.
    emtnyc2012 and EKFCASPER like this.

Forum Member

Finally going to the rock for the first time tomorrow! List #36xx
    Matador611 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by POLGVB View Post
    Finally going to the rock for the first time tomorrow! List #36xx
    Happy to finally get this process started! 46**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I don't know if this came up before....but it was confirmed to me yesterday. There will be a Promo test given before the next OC exam. That EMS to Fire promo will be given next winter and this is a first for them. Usually they're given simultaneously. I don't know that they'll use this exam to hire people until after list #2000 expires, but promoting from EMS is a quicker process because they're already FDNY employees and they can get a class together faster.
    Next Winter meaning Dec 2015/Jan 2016?

And thank you for the info as always.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Happy to finally get this process started! 46**
    I'll be there Tuesday 6pm! 34xx

So how has the process been going this time around...is it CPAT, investigation, psych, medical and run? I was reading a few hundred pages back and it seemed like the promos and priority hires went thru medical first. Can anyone confirm?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post
    I'll be there Tuesday 6pm! 34xx

So how has the process been going this time around...is it CPAT, investigation, psych, medical and run? I was reading a few hundred pages back and it seemed like the promos and priority hires went thru medical first. Can anyone confirm?
    CPAT, Intake, Medical, psych. If you pass everything and all is well with your paperwork, then you get a run letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    Pumpkin patches mean you got your full bunker gear issued to you and everything or just the helmets?

Good luck in the field.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    CPAT, Intake, Medical, psych. If you pass everything and all is well with your paperwork, then you get a run letter.
    Run Letters cant come soon enough!
    Last edited by EKFCASPER; 03-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Pumpkin patches mean you got your full bunker gear issued to you and everything or just the helmets?

Good luck in the field.
    They don't get the real gear until right before family day. It's worn on that day and then taken home. The good stuff is not to be wasted at the rock, cause that would be unnecessary wear and tear on it. As it is many people destroy the hood and gloves that they start with and need them replaced before graduating.

Forum Member

Man, slowest I've seen the forum in a while, which is sometimes a good sign... I have the orientation the 29th at 12 pm because I'm out west this week, but any input on it so far? Bull****? Or any good info? I'm sure our CPATs are coming soon.. On a side note, I ran 2 miles today at 5000 feet above sea level and there is DEFINITELY a difference haha.. But I'll see you guys at the rock!!
    36XX

Forum Member

Who confirmed this??? Will the promo be before the end of the year or sometime early 2016???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    Find out today that I'm still getting correspondence from FDNY at my old address, specifically the letter for the CPAT prep sessions. I submitted address change to FDNY and DCAS some time ago and verified that they had my new address in their systems. Now I'm worried that my intake packet is going to go to my parents house and not mine...

Who should I call to finally get this resolved?
    They sent out paper CPAT prep invites? I never got one, but I got the email... I already confirmed an address change with DCAS and FDNY months ago. (even have a confirmation letter that I asked them to send me)

Not sure if this should worry me or not at 46xx lol. By next winter do you mean end of this yr or end of 2016?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=bkopie;1435210]They sent out paper CPAT prep invites? I never got one, but I got the email... I already confirmed an address change with DCAS and FDNY months ago. (even have a confirmation letter that I asked them to send me)

CPAT Prep packet should be some of the first mail you'll receive. A few weeks after that you'll receive the letter for CPAT Orientation and the Practice dates.

Thread Information