Like Tree13261Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

so we are up to 4000 ish with cpat prep right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    so we are up to 4000 ish with cpat prep right?
    Probably closer to 5000. I'm 47** and I got invited to CPAT prep.

Forum Member

Agreed. I'm at 45** and I was invited to CPAT prep.

Forum Member

Sitting at 36XX, I'm thinking I have a legit shot at December. What do you fellas think?

Just looking to stir the pot while I'm bored at work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Sitting at 36XX, I'm thinking I have a legit shot at December. What do you fellas think?

Also in the 36xx.. I think we have a chance if we are really lucky. .. I think Dec may only reach to 34xx.. but like I said if we are lucky!

Forum Member

i'm 37xx and i meditate daily on summer 2016...December would be incredible but I just don't want to get my hopes up.

my number for fdny ems is about to be called to begin that process. should i defer since my preference is firefighter rather than emt? i don't see the point in going through two separate prehire screenings for the same organization in the same year, but i would like to hear others' thoughts.

Forum Member

I think your looking good for December. I think they are going through more guys than the past classes now that we are getting further down the list and time from the exam. I know four guys that have past on the process due mostly to current employment and lowered pay if they left their current jobs. I wouldn't be surprised if they reached into the 2800s for the next class. Of course when the new class goes in June we'll see and hopefully we're swearing in together in December. 30xx
    RescueR636 likes this.

Forum Member

I would say do ems if they call first, nothing is guaranteed. I was in the same situation as u years ago, chose not to do it and have been kicking myself in the *** ever since. Ems screening is not as intense as FF and their academy is shorter. U dont know what the future holds- plus theyre giving a FF promo soon so I think u would be missing a good opportunity ** if u can swing the terrible starting salary **
    FDsouthbxNY and J0hnnyb0y like this.

Forum Member

Just a piece of info I found extremely interesting at cpat prep.. the wonderful mentorship woman said 1500 invites were sent out for cpat prep and almost half the people didnt respond. I definately believe they will fly thru list numbers after this upcoming academy.
    POLGVB, dwm326 and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

36XX here and I'm definately prepping myself for December. Of course it's the best case scenario, and id be happy with next summer(Fxxx the cold), but it's all going to be layed out when that next class goes in. Way I see it, 28s get touched, December it is...
    screwedby6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i'm 37xx and i meditate daily on summer 2016...December would be incredible but I just don't want to get my hopes up.

my number for fdny ems is about to be called to begin that process. should i defer since my preference is firefighter rather than emt? i don't see the point in going through two separate prehire screenings for the same organization in the same year, but i would like to hear others' thoughts.
    Definitely go through the process with EMS so this way your safe either way. My list isn't as good as yours but I got on EMS about a year after the test. Like stated above you'll also have an opportunity at the promotional if your processed in time.
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

Forum Member

For those who went to cpat orientation. When did they say they were going to have a mentor session. The 28? They said they were going to send an email out about it.

Forum Member

Unless something dramatically changes I would say 2600 +/- 150 for the summer. 3200 +/- 150 for Decemener.
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

Guys skip cpat prep because they have family otj that tell them to skip it, the commute is too much, they took this test 5 years ago and their address is wrong etc. cpat prep is very helpful - and fun - but not mandatory

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    Unless something dramatically changes I would say 2600 +/- 150 for the summer. 3200 +/- 150 for Decemener.
    I agree with this estimate. Could even be +/- 200. Let's see how they process guys in April. That will inform us all much better.

My guess is 2710-20 list stops for this class.

Forum Member

Hey guys just giving quick info for others around my number wondering.... List #38xx and received CPAT prep by email and snail mail..... Also going to prep session this Sunday and received an email confirming this with directions, what to bring and basic info

Does anyone know if there is parking at the rock.... Coming from LI

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Hey guys, I need an honest answer. Does the blood test that they do at the medical test for THC? I haven't smoked in months but I want to know
    Did you do your medical yet?
    If not drink lotssssssss of water. You should be good.
    Careful with what you post here.

Forum Member

Would this be a less than 4:1 ratio ? This is Less than even 3:1 ratio. This is more of a 2:1 ratio....someone correct me if I'm wrong

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdeo21 View Post
    Hey guys just giving quick info for others around my number wondering.... List #38xx and received CPAT prep by email and snail mail..... Also going to prep session this Sunday and received an email confirming this with directions, what to bring and basic info

Does anyone know if there is parking at the rock.... Coming from LI
    There is plenty of parking but make sure you park OUTSIDE of the main gate, they're not going to let you in regardless but it'll save you 5 seconds and a bit of embarrassment. The proby/candidate lot is directly across the street.

Also, just a helpful hint, the road in front of the academy is ONE-WAY. Keep that in mind when you leave and don't be that guy who almost hits the M25.
    Last edited by dwm326; 03-26-2015 at 01:52 PM.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Did my medical today. 1 out of 16 passed. Highest list # there was 3022.

Forum Member

I think the list is moving faster because of the medical stairmaster redo. I'm suprised at the amount of guys failing the 8 minute test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by screwedby6019 View Post
    Would this be a less than 4:1 ratio ? This is Less than even 3:1 ratio. This is more of a 2:1 ratio....someone correct me if I'm wrong
    600 new numbers per round has been the standard for the past couple of classes. You need to also keep in mind that there are also a good amount of people that get held up in the process. Someone posted a chart a couple months ago with the actual numbers. When you include the newly cleared people, the ratio is about 3:1.

Forum Member

Not the mention the .5 numbers of people who claimed residency after the list was established.

Forum Member

Does anyone know someone selling a weight vest?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    Who confirmed this??? Will the promo be before the end of the year or sometime early 2016???
    This information came to me through the Recruitment Unit Coordinator. They're pretty close in the mix, as far as testing and hiring go. Could they be wrong, sure, but it didn't sound like it. It was spoken clear as day, as fact. The information was that a Promo test will be given in early 2016, with an OC test to follow.

I'm not sure that they're considering hiring off of THAT promo until list #2000 is exhausted, but perhaps they want to be ready faster. The reality is, it's easier to promote than hire, it is a swifter process as the candidate is already a city employee. In all likelyhood, the first class could be comprised of EMS promotions and this will allow them to put that class in right away while investigating a crop of OC candidates off the next list for the 2nd class.

Follow me? I know it's a convoluted thought.
    dwm326, 4040clubBouncer and bkopie like this.

Thread Information