Like Tree12957Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Try looking into some of the breathing exercises from the Postural Restoration Institute. Most of us breathe inefficiently and only use a portion of our entire lung field. Optimizing diaphragm function, breathing mechanics and ribcage/pelvic positioning can drastically effect your lung capacity. I'm a strength and conditioning coach and have had amazing results with this. A lot of my athletes have increased their endurance and recovery ability, just by breathing more efficiently. It's powerful stuff.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good Luck

http://www.kevinneeld.com/2013/chest...elly-breathing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6761Fv6DweI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoqjoEXaAw

Much appreciated brother. Thank you!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDTech View Post
    5 more weeks to go.... I'm Slowly Starting To See The Light at The end of the tunnel. But more importantly looking forward to detail week Monday. keep pushing fellas we're almost there.
    Congrats man, being kinda close to the end are you still hitting PT hard n cardio everyday? Is it still as vigorous as day 1? And are you still tired n sore from workouts?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Try looking into some of the breathing exercises from the Postural Restoration Institute. Most of us breathe inefficiently and only use a portion of our entire lung field. Optimizing diaphragm function, breathing mechanics and ribcage/pelvic positioning can drastically effect your lung capacity. I'm a strength and conditioning coach and have had amazing results with this. A lot of my athletes have increased their endurance and recovery ability, just by breathing more efficiently. It's powerful stuff.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good Luck

http://www.kevinneeld.com/2013/chest...elly-breathing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6761Fv6DweI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoqjoEXaAw

Thank you for this, been on this all morning. Been looking for something like this for awhile now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Sitting at 36XX, I'm thinking I have a legit shot at December. What do you fellas think?

Just looking to stir the pot while I'm bored at work.
    Dude you should just go straight to fire... no point in wasting your time with EMS when you will definitely get called for fire. If you choose EMS, it will be another 4 years until you get on firefighter

Forum Member

Do you need to show an original birth certificate for the intake/investigation?
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Do firefighters get business cards? I notice I have a business card from a few different people at recruitment and cid

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Do firefighters get business cards? I notice I have a business card from a few different people at recruitment and cid
    lol No they dont
    Last edited by FDNY4LIFE718; Today at 10:34 AM.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    lol No, its because they're paper pushers for the most part
    This is correct. There needs to be a reason for them to print business cards for you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    lol No, its because they're paper pushers for the most part
    You consider Chiefs, IMT members, etc. to simply be pencil pushers? I hope you're not on the job & if not, you have a lot to learn. Especially STFU when you don't know what you're talking about.

Forum Member

Good luck to the guys training for cpat take advantage of the sessions. Believe me it could only help you pads the 1st time around.
    Last edited by FDTech; Today at 06:39 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    Do you need to show an original birth certificate for the intake/investigation? or is a photocopy good enough?
    anyone know?

Forum Member

Went to CPAT orientation yesterday. I'm sure some of you were there with me.

Went well, few things I noticed:

- Some ****** on the very first line before we even spoke to anyone kept texting and CALLING people with his phone volume blaring. Then asked about 4-5 different people when we were starting and how long we were gonna be. Then kept leaving the line to see what the FDNY people were doing since the line wasn't moving. AKA he didn't want to be there.

- Another guy was saying how he can't believe he was missing work for this. He watched the CPAT on YouTube and it looks so easy.

- A lot of people seemed more concerned about missing work than having a shot at FDNY.

- A few people were visibly concerned when told they would eventually have to cut their hair.

- Most people seemed very interested and were asking good questions. Then there was the token few who weren't listening and then asked questions that were very clearly already answered. The FDNY people did not seem understanding.

- Mentorship lady said 1485 people scored 99 and only 45% have responded (I assume she meant to the mentorship application, not in general).

- Also, some guy asked about having a fire marshal as a mentor because he wanted to go into fire investigation. Some guy watching from the back said something and then the Lt. up front asked if he wanted to be Chief of Dept. too. Hahaha.

I'm a little p issed off because I got caught in a few of the JoinFDNY facebook photos. I hope FB doesn't auto-suggest my name to tag me in the pics. I already made everything as private as it lets me, so I should be OK.

On a related note, someone asked about the social media policy and the Lt. brought up that FF who posed shirtless. Said he had to fight for his job, couldn't walk at graduation, and I think has 5yr probation instead of 18 months. AKA delete or don't post things on social media.

Overall, there was ~360 people there over two sessions Sunday. Not sure about during the week, but there would have to be 225 per session if everyone showed up. I'm sure there are probably at least 100-200 people that didn't bother coming.
    Last edited by bkopie; Today at 11:19 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 40&OUT View Post
    You consider Chiefs, IMT members, etc. to simply be pencil pushers? I hope you're not on the job & if not, you have a lot to learn. Especially STFU when you don't know what you're talking about.
    I didnt imply any of the people you mentioned to be that at all
    Last edited by FDNY4LIFE718; Today at 10:37 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    anyone know?
    I believe you need all original docs. They make copies at your intake, so I doubt they would want or accept a copy of a copy for their records. Get all ORIGINAL docs ready to go in anticipation of your intake.

I started gathering everything months before and it worked out perfect. If you need a list of everything necessary for intake, let me know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post

- Some ****** on the very first line before we even spoke to anyone kept texting and CALLING people with his phone volume blaring. Then asked about 4-5 different people when we were starting and how long we were gonna be. Then kept leaving the line to see what the FDNY people were doing since the line wasn't moving. AKA he didn't want to be there.

- Another guy was saying how he can't believe he was missing work for this. He watched the CPAT on YouTube and it looks so easy.

- A lot of people seemed more concerned about missing work than having a shot at FDNY.

- A few people were visibly concerned when told they would eventually have to cut their hair.

- Most people seemed very interested and were asking good questions. Then there was the token few who weren't listening and then asked questions that were very clearly already answered. The FDNY people did not seem understanding.

- Mentorship lady said 1485 people scored 99 and only 45% have responded (I assume she meant to the mentorship application, not in general).

- Also, some guy asked about having a fire marshal as a mentor because he wanted to go into fire investigation. Some guy watching from the back said something and then the Lt. up front asked if he wanted to be Chief of Dept. too. Hahaha.

I'm a little p issed off because I got caught in a few of the JoinFDNY facebook photos. I hope FB doesn't auto-suggest my name to tag me in the pics. I already made everything as private as it lets me, so I should be OK.

On a related note, someone asked about the social media policy and the Lt. brought up that FF who posed shirtless. Said he had to fight for his job, couldn't walk at graduation, and I think has 5yr probation instead of 18 months. AKA delete or don't post things on social media.

Overall, there was ~360 people there over two sessions Sunday. Not sure about during the week, but there would have to be 225 per session if everyone showed up. I'm sure there are probably at least 100-200 people that didn't bother coming.
    On the Monday Session 133 candidates showed up
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

@bkopie wow after hearing this, I'm a little disgusted by the "career" they chose. If no one feels committed enough to join the force then don't give it a shot. Obviously to those guys the job is just a job.

Forum Member

I took my medical last Thursday, the 26th. Anybody have an idea as to when the next set of psych letters will go out? List # 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post

This is just sad. Anybody who wants this job has to be dedicated to getting it. I'm scheduled God Willing for this summers June-July class. I am eating breathing and sleeping FDNY prep outside of work. Who's ready for round 2 Eval & FAP these next two weekends? I'm amped after the last whooping we got.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yeah but it's to give out to girls and stuff at bars to get laid. They also give you an appointment book since Fire fighters get so much tang.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Congrats man, being kinda close to the end are you still hitting PT hard n cardio everyday? Is it still as vigorous as day 1? And are you still tired n sore from workouts?

PT is still hard, and you're running a few miles after every PT session so you'll always be tired. But no soreness, by then you pretty much know every PT instructors workout style and you mentally prepare yourself once the instructor walk on stage. Also PT is not daily, you'll also have FST which is another beast within itself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Yeah but it's to give out to girls and stuff at bars to get laid. They also give you an appointment book since Fire fighters get so much tang.
    Good. Was hoping I don't have to vista print my own.

Thread Information