Like Tree12963Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TB_FDNY View Post
    Thanks for the info...do they give you a blood test before or after you do the stairs? i have a tendency of passing out sometimes when I have blood drawn...this shouldn't be a problem right?
    Like prospect said its done after stairs... You have to to do Vitals, EKG, PFT before you're able to do stairs

Quote Originally Posted by screwedby6019 View Post
    What was the issue with your eyes? What are the current vision requirements for uncorrected vision?
    I'm.nearsighted... I have to just retake the test with glasses and achieve a 20/20 score

Btw, my list number is 301x

Forum Member

Didnt somebody say they sent out more medicals? I haven't seen anybody over 303Xs, and I thought that's what they had sent to originally.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BD1017 View Post
    Didnt somebody say they sent out more medicals? I haven't seen anybody over 303Xs, and I thought that's what they had sent to originally.
    Ive been waiting for mine ... 317x here, but i feel like im going to miss the cut off. They'll continue doing medicals once this next class goes in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    Dude you should just go straight to fire... no point in wasting your time with EMS when you will definitely get called for fire. If you choose EMS, it will be another 4 years until you get on firefighter
    Never said I was on the EMS list.

Forum Member

quick question, just received the confirmation email for FAP round 2. says we have to bring signed medical clearance form but I already did for FAP round 1. We have to do it again each time we go?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    quick question, just received the confirmation email for FAP round 2. says we have to bring signed medical clearance form but I already did for FAP round 1. We have to do it again each time we go?
    Just got that email as well. I dont think so ... they should have it on file.

I doubt they'd expect us to go to a doctor for each round of a practice session ... right ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    Do we have to have a different clearance form for FAP than CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Yes.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...rance_form.pdf

I got it signed by my doctor when I got my CPAT form signed, but since he dated it, I'm not sure if they'll still accept it when I get around to FAP.

Forum Member

yes it is. they'll send you an email and snail mail of the form. or print out the pdf bkopie just put up. just wondering if we have to repeat the process for round 2 of FAP since they mentioned it on the email. not sure for fap in general or each round needs a signed form. i'll try to get it signed anyway i guess.

Forum Member

Does anyone know anything about the military points & being a reservist? Like how much time is needed for active duty before you're allowed to use veterans credit? I ask because in the NOE it doesn't specify anything about time needed before you can use the veterans credit other than having to be honorably discharged from active duty.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the military points & being a reservist? Like how much time is needed for active duty before you're allowed to use veterans credit? I ask because in the NOE it doesn't specify anything about time needed before you can use the veterans credit other than having to be honorably discharged from active duty.
    I remember from 6019, 2 years of active duty was the requirement.

Forum Member

When do next set of psych letter go out?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    When do next set of psych letter go out?
    What's the highest list number that did the psych?
    Team2strong likes this.

Forum Member

I remember from 6019, 2 years of active duty was the requirement.
    A buddy of mine had no problem with his points & he's also just a reservist.

Forum Member

I believe i remember them saying for those who went last month we didn't have to bring new forms. I think the form is for people who didnt go last time.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Does anyone happen to have the chart for the target heart rate that they use for the stairs test?

Forum Member

A buddy of mine had no problem with his points & he's also just a reservist.
    Did he have active duty time that accumulated to >2 years?

Forum Member

Shown below are the requirements for Veteran's Credit. The key thing related to reservists is, "Have served on full‐time active duty, other than active duty for training..." Normally straight out reservists, unless activated, only perform Active Duty for Training. They would not be eligible for Veteran's Credit.

(C) VETERANS:
    For Veterans’ or Disabled Veterans’ Credit you must meet the following requirements by the date of appointment or promotion:
    a. Be a resident of New York State; and
    b. Be a United States citizen or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residency; and
    c. Received an honorable discharge or release under honorable conditions from the Armed Forces of the
    United States. The “Armed Forces of the United States” means the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force
    and Coast Guard, including all components thereof, and the National Guard when in the service of the
    United States pursuant to call as provided by Law; and
    d. Have served on full‐time active duty, other than active duty for training, in at least one of the following
    Time of War periods below:
    Armed Forces of the United States during:
    OR
    You must have received the armed forces expeditionary medal, navy
    expeditionary medal, or the marine corps expeditionary medal for:
     World War II (December 7, 1941 ‐ December 31,1946); or  Hostilities in Lebanon (June 1, 1983 ‐ December 1, 1987); or
     Korean Conflict (June 27, 1950 ‐ January 31, 1955); or  Hostilities in Grenada (October 23, 1983 ‐ November 21, 1983); or
     Vietnam Conflict (February 28, 1961 ‐ May 7, 1975); or  Hostilities in Panama (December 20, 1989 ‐ January 31, 1990).
     Persian Gulf Conflict (August 2, 1990 ‐ to be determined)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    What's the highest list number that did the psych?
    Would also like to know this...

Forum Member

Take the number 220 subtract your age and multiply by .9. Round up.

Ie 220-29x.9=172

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Went to CPAT orientation yesterday. I'm sure some of you were there with me.

Went well, few things I noticed:

- Some ****** on the very first line before we even spoke to anyone kept texting and CALLING people with his phone volume blaring. Then asked about 4-5 different people when we were starting and how long we were gonna be. Then kept leaving the line to see what the FDNY people were doing since the line wasn't moving. AKA he didn't want to be there.

- Another guy was saying how he can't believe he was missing work for this. He watched the CPAT on YouTube and it looks so easy.

- A lot of people seemed more concerned about missing work than having a shot at FDNY.

- A few people were visibly concerned when told they would eventually have to cut their hair.

- Most people seemed very interested and were asking good questions. Then there was the token few who weren't listening and then asked questions that were very clearly already answered. The FDNY people did not seem understanding.

- Mentorship lady said 1485 people scored 99 and only 45% have responded (I assume she meant to the mentorship application, not in general).

- Also, some guy asked about having a fire marshal as a mentor because he wanted to go into fire investigation. Some guy watching from the back said something and then the Lt. up front asked if he wanted to be Chief of Dept. too. Hahaha.

I'm a little p issed off because I got caught in a few of the JoinFDNY facebook photos. I hope FB doesn't auto-suggest my name to tag me in the pics. I already made everything as private as it lets me, so I should be OK.

On a related note, someone asked about the social media policy and the Lt. brought up that FF who posed shirtless. Said he had to fight for his job, couldn't walk at graduation, and I think has 5yr probation instead of 18 months. AKA delete or don't post things on social media.

Overall, there was ~360 people there over two sessions Sunday. Not sure about during the week, but there would have to be 225 per session if everyone showed up. I'm sure there are probably at least 100-200 people that didn't bother coming.

There's going to be alot of that everytime you attend an event. keep in mind for every 350 people that get assigned to a class at probie, the FD has already gone through about 1000 people to find 350 for that class.
    So keep your chin up eyes straight forward and pay no mind to those people who only want a job and are not ready to dedicate their lives to this career and the information being freely given to them.

Stay focused and humble, speak when spoken to and when they say you are free to ask a question.
    Questions start with you introducing yourself, and using Sir/Mam at all times to address everyone you meet.
    Those who are unappreciative of the free knowledge the FD is trying to pass down and are not humble for the opportunity may just find themselves as part of the 650 who may not qualify for what ever reason.

CPAT is just the beginning and if they don't listen / follow directions now... chances are they won't be able to make it past the Intake Interview / Background process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    She's not even old enough. "she wants to see what the FDNY has to offer" what does that even mean. I think they are coached to regurgiate the same fluffy PC lines.

Thread Information