Like Tree13249Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I've been getting the worst diarrhea after running lately - has this happened to anyone and do you have any advice? **** was seriously disruptive at work today... diet is pretty decent, not taking any meds. I just started running after a six month hiatus, only swam and skipped rope all winter for conditioning. But this never happened to me in the past from running. Googled it and the only thing I could find was caffeine and dehydration; caffeine wouldn't make sense in my situation and im pretty disciplined staying hydrated. Almost always run on an empty stomach.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    I've been getting the worst diarrhea after running lately - has this happened to anyone and do you have any advice? **** was seriously disruptive at work today... diet is pretty decent, not taking any meds. I just started running after a six month hiatus, only swam and skipped rope all winter for conditioning. But this never happened to me in the past from running. Googled it and the only thing I could find was caffeine and dehydration; caffeine wouldn't make sense in my situation and im pretty disciplined staying hydrated. Almost always run on an empty stomach.
    I get that sometimes, I always chalk it up to being dehydrated and just running too much. Its not super disruptive with my life but I'll notice it from time to time if I'm really going all out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fndyoneday View Post
    Hey guys just got an email from a reliable source wanted to pass on the info..

Expect run letters to go out today, expected to reach the 3500s. Classes will now be extended to 4 a year overlapping each class by 5 weeks and academies will also be shortened to 3 weeks starting in 2016.

Sincerely,
    Reliable source
    Wow Everytime someone makes that same joke I marvel out how unfunny it can get. Like when I heard it the 50th time from the 100th the level of unfunniness that joke can reach is limitless

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    Make sure your not eating Sabra Hummus there was a recall for Listeria

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer Pyle View Post
    You're wrong J Fitz.

One of the great aspects of this forum over the span of exam 6019 and now 2000 is that ACCURATE information gets passed along from candidate to candidate. Its up to each and every one of us to make sure the info being passed along is ACCURATE and up to date. God knows there will be one unlucky soul who will pop onto this forum, read some bogus info, and totally FUBAR his / her chances of ever getting on the job.

CPAT ORIENTATION IS NOT OPTIONAL. You must attend AT LEAST one date.

Here is the rest of the info regarding CPAT which I posted a few pages back for all those inquiring :

DCAS CPAT orientation - you visit the facility, watch a video, and they let you test out each station of the CPAT test. You only have to attend one date.

DCAS " practice " test - You get 3 chances at passing the CPAT. These are your first two cracks at passing the test. If you pass your first practice ... Boom. Done.

DCAS CPAT test date : This is your final chance at passing. If you make it to here, it means you failed twice already. Fail again, and you're done. Finished.

* Bring your $25 postal money order ( DO NOT FILL IT OUT ) to your first " practice " test.

Good luck gentlemen. Train hard. Try and pass on your first or second attempt.
    Gomer, DCAS CPAT Orientation is optional.

Pericnyc is correct. The first line of the DCAS CPAT Orientation notice reads, "You are being scheduled for two CPAT orientation Sessions. It is not mandatory for you to attend either session, but it is highly recommended that you attend at least one."

Like I had previously said, I personally did not attend either orientation session, and this did not affect me in the process whatsoever. I passed everything and am currently waiting for a run letter.

It comes down to a personal choice, and if you are ever in doubt anywhere in this entire process it is definitely best to attend everything being offered, just to be safe. I think this is what Gomer was alluding to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Yeah that was me. And I still stand by it. The academy can be fun, and you will make some friends and have some memories and obviously learn good stuff. But this place is really really taxing on the body, mind, and soul. And I have no problem saying that. I have a couple of serious all-stars in my squad. Up there with the best in the entire class. And even they agree and are completely burned out. Just giving it to you guys straight. And if anybody on this forum in currently comes on here and tells you that they're absolutely loving every aspect of it still and are not burned out, they are either lying for some reason or nuts. I hope for your guys sake that they shorten it down to whatever weeks have been thrown around. Trust me, you'll see how welcome that will be. I can't even imagine those couple of classes that had 23 weeks a few years back.

I said the same thing for many years, haha...
    Spot On you will be broken down only to be built back up again when u walk across that stage

Forum Member

Anyone have any good WODs they reccomend focusing on musculuar endurance?

Forum Member

You know, the whole time I've been on here, I've been a little lackadaisical about my workouts. I would take breaks for a few weeks, not go full speed, find excuses to not go, etc etc. I always thought "I have time". Well, time has run out.

After getting a little kick in the rear at the rock on Saturday, I did stairs with vest, biked for half hour since all the treadmills were full, and then did a full lifting day. The soreness in my legs is only amping me up more for tonight's workout. Never really had this feeling before. I think I like it.
    BD1017 likes this.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard an estimate where the list might cut off? I'm 61xx and just wondering where I stand. From what I've read it looks like people have gotten their CPAT letters with list numbers up to around 4000. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher22 View Post
    Has anyone heard an estimate where the list might cut off? I'm 61xx and just wondering where I stand. From what I've read it looks like people have gotten their CPAT letters with list numbers up to around 4000. Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Roughly 2700 +/- 200 for the June class. We'll know by late June.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Does anyone have the number for the lady from HQ that handles the mentor program?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Does anyone have the number for the lady from HQ that handles the mentor program?
    I don't have the number with me, it's at home. I can post it later if no one else does by then. Her email is jeneen.gilliam@fdny.nyc.gov
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyMedic92 View Post
    Anyone have any good WODs they reccomend focusing on musculuar endurance?
    Try Angie, Jackie or Murph.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J Fitz View Post
    Roughly 2700 +/- 200 for the June class. We'll know by late June.
    I think he wants to know where the list will cutoff and end because of his number, not when the next class will cutoff.

Forum Member

I've always heard top 5000 got a good shot, dont take it as a fact though.

Forum Member

Guys OTJ often say around 5000 but no one really knows. It all depends on who passes/fails their process. You're on the cusp, so I would stay prepared but don't get too optimistic that if it doesn't happen you're depressed lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I forgot to look for this last night, let me know if you still need it and I'll get it tonight. It's in the first few pages of the book they handed out at CPAT orientation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I forgot to look for this last night, let me know if you still need it and I'll get it tonight. It's in the first few pages of the book they handed out at CPAT orientation.
    I e-mailed her, thanks though.

Forum Member

2 more months brothers.. 2 more months and we are gonna hate our lives entirely lol, stay focused.. Greatest job in the world, the most consistent info I hear

Forum Member

Who is going to the mentor session this Saturday? Is that for higher list numbers? Anyone in the 2400s goig?

Forum Member

I was assigned a new investigator almost a month ago (my 3rd investigator). In that email he said if he needed any info or documents he would contact me. Haven't heard from him since. Would you guys suggest from here forward "no news is good news"?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I was assigned a new investigator almost a month ago (my 3rd investigator). In that email he said if he needed any info or documents he would contact me. Haven't heard from him since. Would you guys suggest from here forward "no news is good news"?
    Keep on him as you get closer to your run letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Who is going to the mentor session this Saturday? Is that for higher list numbers? Anyone in the 2400s goig?
    We in there.

You going ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    in there too, sitting at 26xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    in there too, sitting at 26xx
    I was supposed to be there but I had to reschedule to the 25th. I'll be at CPAT training that morning though.

Thread Information