Like Tree13266Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Aaron Hernandez smh

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Aaron Hernandez smh
    sucks for him, they couldnt even prove he did it. he had it all though, he should've deaded his friends or whoever made him get involved in that when he had the chance
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I was supposed to be there but I had to reschedule to the 25th. I'll be at CPAT training that morning though.
    guess you'll see me there still buddy, we'll catch up

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    sucks for him, they couldnt even prove he did it. he had it all though, he should've deaded his friends or whoever made him get involved in that when he had the chance
    some guys just cant leave the "hood". So sad

Forum Member

psyc. test april 25sitting upper 2700
    Tėma likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catchingZzzzs View Post
    psyc. test april 25sitting upper 2700
    Got mine today as well. Also sitting in the upper 2700's. See you there!

Forum Member

For those who work out after a full day of work, what do you guys take or eat before to help out with fatigue?

With the new work out I have laid out for this, it's definitely taking a toll on me and I'm drained after work. Also doesn't help that I have a newborn lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tėma View Post
    Got mine today as well. Also sitting in the upper 2700's. See you there!
    Same. Sitting at lower 2800's. The anticipation is through the rough.

Pushing my workouts and runs till I can't push anymore and then I think about this and I push some more. I can't believe it's so close.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    For those who work out after a full day of work, what do you guys take or eat before to help out with fatigue?

With the new work out I have laid out for this, it's definitely taking a toll on me and I'm drained after work. Also doesn't help that I have a newborn lol
    Man I feel u on the fatigue part. I work all day myself, I'll either workout real early when I wake up or real late before bedtime. Forces me not to rest on any sets or take the videos lightly cause I'll either have to worry about making it on time for work or getting some decent rest. Just gotta get used to it. Easier said than though. Congrats on the newborn btw

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    Man I feel u on the fatigue part. I work all day myself, I'll either workout real early when I wake up or real late before bedtime. Forces me not to rest on any sets or take the videos lightly cause I'll either have to worry about making it on time for work or getting some decent rest. Just gotta get used to it. Easier said than though. Congrats on the newborn btw
    Thanks.

Yea, i tried working out late before bed but i can't fall asleep afterwards. I just lay there pumped with my eyes wide open in the dark hoping for my eye lids to feel some weight.

I'm gonna aim for early mornings. I can deal with going to bed earlier.

Thanks again.
    GrownSimba likes this.

Forum Member

Does anyone currently have a medical scheduled or know if they are still scheduling medicals. I'm in the 2200's and had to decline temporarily and was curious how fast I can get a medical if I put my name back on the list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Who is going to the mentor session this Saturday? Is that for higher list numbers? Anyone in the 2400s goig?
    Anyone know what this is going to be about. Are we going to get any new info, it seems like it just going to be the same stuff we've been hearing since starting the cpat training last fall.
    I'm in low 27xx and going this sat too

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jburk1 View Post
    Does anyone currently have a medical scheduled or know if they are still scheduling medicals. I'm in the 2200's and had to decline temporarily and was curious how fast I can get a medical if I put my name back on the list.
    I don't know if they're currently giving medicals, but I do know from experience about getting back onto the list if you postponed. If you postponed and dcas took you OFF the list, you're in for a long and annoying mission to get back on. I can help you since i went through that turmoil. That's if you're officially off the list until you're ready to go back on.

Forum Member

Hey man, Congrats on the newborn. I know how you feel..i work a very physical job, im a plumber, im up at 6 am and dont get home till 7. Its really tough to work out after but im just really motivated...when you get home and your tired, go to youtube and type in "FDNY 1" its a 1:38 video. That should do the trick lol, always motivates me. Also try Glutamine powder, I recently started taking it 2 times a day and im seeing a major difference in soreness. Espescially with my legs which were my biggest issue. For examply yesterday I climbed 90 flights of stairs with a 40lb vest, about 20 min (Training for the Steven Siller Tunnel To Towers Stair Climb). And today i did the 45 min fdny video and ran 3 miles at about 25 min which isnt the best timing.. but to make a long story short before i was taking the glutamine my legs would have been too sore. I recomend trying the glutamine.
    VanCroon, GrownSimba and FDNY4G like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingBad0904 View Post
    Its really tough to work out after but im just really motivated...when you get home and your tired, go to youtube and type in "FDNY 1" its a 1:38 video. That should do the trick lol, always motivates me.
    That video gets some heavy rotation ... I watch it all the time before workouts. That same dude from the fitness unit was there at our first FAP session in April.

I'm like " it's him ! "

" One day ... you will be old, you will be frail, and you will be slow.
    ... and someone will ask you, " What did you do in your day ? What
    did you do in your PRIME !? When you were young, and strong and fast ? "

And you will tell them you were a New York City Fireman. ... and when the day is done,
    and the page is turned, that will be enough. "

He's good at what he does.
    Last edited by Gomer Pyle; 04-16-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Forum Member

Thinking run letters will go out head of the holiday in May. It's gotta be easier that way. Let's hope.

Congrats to all the probies graduating soon
    quietharvest1 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey guys anyone on here use a chiropractor? Will using that get a candidate jammed up at the medical? Or later on once they're otj

Forum Member

When your on the stairs you have to come back and do the 8 mins, does your heart rate still play a part in the test? Or can your heart rate go through the roof and as long as you make 8 mins you pass?

As for everyone nerves play a major part in this. Just looking for some tips or tactics to lower HR any help much appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDiesel View Post
    When your on the stairs you have to come back and do the 8 mins, does your heart rate still play a part in the test? Or can your heart rate go through the roof and as long as you make 8 mins you pass?

As for everyone nerves play a major part in this. Just looking for some tips or tactics to lower HR any help much appreciated.
    you go for the 5:12 again, if it doesn't go over the max heart rate allowed for your age, then you go for the 8 minutes. If you dont look like you're about to faint or that nature, you're good. the heart rate doesn't matter once you pass the 5:12 mark and trying to go for the 8 minutes. Basically just be ready to do 8 minutes as that is the norm for everyone, unless your heart is that of Michael Phelps, then your heartbeat should fall under.

Forum Member

***deleted***
    Last edited by GrownSimba; 04-17-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Forum Member

Pretty consistent with what we've been hearing thru the vines.

Thanks GS ...

Forum Member

Did he get to say what the common injury is?

Forum Member

What are evolutions?

Forum Member

Did he get to say what the common injury is?
    didnt ask, i just know he injured his knee

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    What are evolutions?
    set of courses/obstacles you have to do. he told me it was the most taxing to his body as oppose to PT and FST (everyone differs in opinion and that was his)...he didnt go in specifics with it because it is different every week & also i had to get back to work. but i will ask him again hopefully next time he comes in for a follow-up of his injury
    prospect likes this.

Thread Information