Like Tree13167Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Awesome. Things are looking like they are going to start moving fast.
    Let's hope !

Forum Member

Hey guys...I'm looking at the December acadamy sitting at list # 3014....im about to go into the appeal process for the stairs since I failed them for the second time...how does this process go? And will it prevent me from going into the December academy?? Please I need some honest insight, thanks everyone

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    Hey guys...I'm looking at the December acadamy sitting at list # 3014....im about to go into the appeal process for the stairs since I failed them for the second time...how does this process go? And will it prevent me from going into the December academy?? Please I need some honest insight, thanks everyone
    I think you have to go to a doctor and get some tests done proving that medically you're able to perform safely, but that you just didnt prepare enough physically. If all goes well you get a final shot at it? Get on that stair machine today.

Forum Member

Damn Man sorry to hear that. We probably had same medical dates (3/26) since im a few numbers away from you. Good luck with the appeal process. As soon as you receive the letter of dq make sure you appeal asap to not waste any time.
    Team2strong likes this.

Forum Member

Today's mentor program was very helpful.

Two big things: 5 classes left off this list. That was said by the chief.

Also a handout provided indicated a ems promo open for filing in 2016 and test in winter of 2016. With next open competitive filing in spring 2017 with fall 2017 as tentative test date.

Also they made it sound like run letters will start trickling out immediately following the graduation of current class on May 5. So expect those the week after that class May 11 or so to start going out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Let's hope !
    Every time you doubt it an angel loses its wings.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Just trying to figure the chronology of this process

filing period was from July to September 2011

Test was administered March/April 2012

first class went in January 2013 ?

This summer we approach the 4 year mark?

Wow time flies

Forum Member

Don't try to u see stand it. Just believe.

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

Also a handout provided indicated a ems promo open for filing in 2016 and test in winter of 2016. With next open competitive filing in spring 2017 with fall 2017 as tentative test date.

Also they made it sound like run letters will start trickling out immediately following the graduation of current class on May 5. So expect those the week after that class May 11 or so to start going out.
    Hey 4040clubbouncer,

Did the handout give any further indication as to when in 2016 the filling period for the promotional would be? If the test is slated to be administered in the winter, did it give any indication as to January or December of 2016? If both the filling period and test are going to be administered in 2016, sounds like they would be squeezing them pretty close together.

Thanks for all the info man, and keeping us updated on what you know!

Forum Member

So if that's the case, 5 classes x300 candidates = 1500 more on the job. Anyone have an average of how many list numbers are used to fill 300? And where was the cutoff list number for people in the academy now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    Damn Man sorry to hear that. We probably had same medical dates (3/26) since im a few numbers away from you. Good luck with the appeal process. As soon as you receive the letter of dq make sure you appeal asap to not waste any time.
    Do you think I'll b held up for the December academy??

Forum Member

Do you think I'll b held up for the December academy??
    I mean the December class is 8 months away, I highly doubt it would take that long to appeal and win(God willing)... but then again idk how long would the other parties take to respond to the appeal. Just do your part and take care of business asap.

Good luck kid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher22 View Post
    So if that's the case, 5 classes x300 candidates = 1500 more on the job. Anyone have an average of how many list numbers are used to fill 300? And where was the cutoff list number for people in the academy now?
    I haven't posted on here in awhile, just been waiting for my opportunity for this job. I missed the last class within 90 list numbers. The cutoff number was 1946 I believe...

Back in early December we noticed that the ratio was below 2:1 just based on what we were observing with how the numbers were moving so slowly. Remember, there are a lot of guys still higher up on the list ahead of 1946, who weren't ready for the last class, could've been medical or background reasons, even military reasons and some might've just wanted to wait for the summer class. Holdovers happen. So for the 320 men and women that are to go into this next class, the calling on the list may only reach up to somewhere around 2600, if that.

However like everyone else, we won't know until they start handing out the run letters. That letter is your golden ticket in, they only call you for the run when you'll be going into the class.

Thread Information