Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 20374
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    this question you guys are talking about did it have the disclaimer (there may be more than one answer) after the question?
    No mine had just one correct answer

Forum Member

The personality questions I got partial credit for were partial credits because I did what the Vulcans said and that was not to oversell myself.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I didn't schedule a review session because I didn't want to get too amped up or depressed about my results before our favorite Judge decided on what he's going to do, but now I'm getting antsy and wondering how I did on the personality section. I checked out the PSI site but scheduling is closed. Anyone know how they are doing it at the testing sites? Would it be possible to just show up with a copy of your original admission notice? Has anyone seen this at their review session? At the original exam, I believe I saw people with admission notices from days that weren't the day they showed up, but since they were in the system I don't think it mattered (unless they had rescheduled and didn't print out the rescheduled info from PSI's site).
    When I went I brought with me the email confirmation. The lady told me that it wasn't necessary to bring it because those who scheduled through the website were put in a list. All you needed to bring was photo ID. I think you should give psi a call because on their website it states that there's no more available dates.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Guys, now was the Philly test based on a double graded system like 99/100? Not to sure if that's how they were graded, can someone elaborate this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The personality questions I got partial credit for were partial credits because I did what the Vulcans said and that was not to oversell myself.
    yup, same here, got partial on 11 of them and missed one in the first four sections...

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Fdnytolife4130;1328310]When I went I brought with me the email confirmation. The lady told me that it wasn't necessary to bring it because those who scheduled through the website were put in a list. All you needed to bring was photo ID. I think you should give psi a call because on their website it states that there's no more available dates.[/Q

Damn I forgot what email I used and didn't print it out yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Got one wrong on the first part and it was a question that clearly looks like i have the right answer for. Anyone else have that one? They ask the purpose about some part. I protested it. Got like 12 pc on the personality. Friggin bull****. Cant wait to see how heavily those are weighted
    yes, got that one wrong also so I protested it...thought I clearly had the right answer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    yes, got that one wrong also so I protested it...thought I clearly had the right answer
    did this question you guys are talking about have gauges?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    This is very interesting how this is playing out, and I'm curious to see on my test how my personality is scored. One of the hugest issues I do have is that at my job I'm a supervisor, so while I love having help from my co-workers they have different chores than I do. I do know just from asking question to others who have took this test, that the first part I'm guarenteed to have a couple of partial credits which I will protest vehemently. Outside of that and the judge passing the test, it is going to be an intriguing summer for sure.
    DJ, pretty sure they said you can't protest those questions...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    did this question you guys are talking about have gauges?
    No, it was what the purpose of another part was...

Forum Member

DJ, pretty sure they said you can't protest those questions...
    Not talking about the last part, talking about the personality part. And one of the questions was in the ballpark when it comes to interactions with your co-workers.

Forum Member

Also just want to throw this out there...

Someone I know who is now retired from the FDNY was saying that in 1974, the same type of litigation was going on and they created two different lists. One was white and the other was minorities.

During the conversation I mentioned that they were now trying to get this judge thrown off the case and he said that was a very difficult task.

Just some new info and possibilities.

Forum Member

has there been any info on how the vetting process for the exam and the results will go? I assume grades have to be given, a list created, the judge approving the list, and then the list being released to us/the public?

I'm wondering if there will be some sort of hearing/trial and if so how long that would take.

Forum Member

No, it was what the purpose of another part was...
    That was the one

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Not talking about the last part, talking about the personality part. And one of the questions was in the ballpark when it comes to interactions with your co-workers.
    ok, i thought we weren't allowed to protest those questions... F***!

Forum Member

Just got out of the review. Kind of mad that I blew it - 3 wrong in the first 4 video sections, and 3 partial credits from personality questions.

One of the NC answers I gave is the same one that you are all referring to. I can't imagine for a moment that they don't reverse that one. The other 2 incorrect answers I gave were just stupid mistakes. I'm really mad about them. One wrong answer could end up meaning several hundred numbers on the list, or a whole class later.

The personality questions I only got partial credit on were ridiculous, so I protested the sh*t out of them. I don't know if they will accept protests for personality q's but I was there, so hey why not.

I'm assuming I'll end up with 2 NC and 3 PC; definitely not going to match my list number from 6019, but I'm not going to worry about it. Im just going to hang out and see what happens.

Congrats to everyone who did well, and keep your head up for everyone who didn't do as well as they wanted to.

Forum Member

Does any one have the review phone number for PSI? the one I just called doesn't work. Forget it found it thanks anyway.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-15-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    Guys, now was the Philly test based on a double graded system like 99/100? Not to sure if that's how they were graded, can someone elaborate this.
    Philly was a very different setup. They gave out a 160 page prep packet a few months in advance and then offered a multiple choice test based soley on that information. After those questions, in the same test, there were 160+ personality questions. If you passed the part based on the prep packet you were assigned a list number based soley on your personality questions score. So even though your list number is only a function of your personality score, you don't get on the list without a passing grade on the first part of the test. They scored the personality section in bands, so rather than each question being right or wrong they gave you a composite score based on your overall profile. I got 100 on the Philly test, figured I'd use the same approach and mindset for NY and ended up with 14 pc's. Go figure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Does any one have the review phone number for PSI? the one I just called doesn't work.
    I tried the rescheduling hotline number that is provided if you go to the FDNY PSI website. When I called all the woman could tell me was the exact message that is on the website if you go to try schedule a session now. I think its a generic PSI number so that's why she wasn't familiar with the FDNY review sessions.

Forum Member

on the personality questions, if the correct answer is Strongly agree and you pick agree is that full credit?

Thread Information