Like Tree13354Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    What kind of lunches do guys bring? Like is it usually cold food? Cus if you bring cooked food how could you keep it cool during pt and heat it back up at lunch time?
    Bring whatever floats your boat. Lotta guys had a sandwich of some sort. Every squad gets a laundry bag and all lunches are collected and then stored in commercial sized fridges. Don't expect to be heating anything up.

Forum Member

found this waterproof bag with no labels on them. for $24.99 can't go wrong. just wondering with dimensions of 24x14x14 thinking it might be small compared to the ones ive seen from probies exiting the rock. any probies out here with insight on bag size would be appreciated.

http://www.proplayersupply.com/champ...7980_a_7cE46BL

Forum Member

Two graduated probies suggested this Under Armour bag (medium) awhile back on this forum and I bought it. It is made well, good quality, and seems waterproof. I've had it for almost a year and it has held up well. I'd definitely suggest it. Just take off the purse strap, lol.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...TO1RoCUU7w_wcB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J Fitz View Post
    Two graduated probies suggested this Under Armour bag (medium) awhile back on this forum and I bought it. It is made well, good quality, and seems waterproof. I've had it for almost a year and it has held up well. I'd definitely suggest it. Just take off the purse strap, lol.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/model...TO1RoCUU7w_wcB
    this seems good too. did they bring that with the big x on it? or did they have to cover that too?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    this seems good too. did they bring that with the big x on it? or did they have to cover that too?
    Probably covered it, but I don't know. I'm just going with what they posted here on the forum awhile back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrownSimba View Post
    Get a black marker and go over it, they don't want to see anything on the black except duct tape with your name on it. Also take the shoulder strap off, if they see you holding it with your shoulder, you will be wearing a dress with a purse to academy for 18 weeks. LOL
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Get a black marker and go over it, they don't want to see anything on the black except duct tape with your name on it. Also take the shoulder strap off, if they see you holding it with your shoulder, you will be wearing a dress with a purse to academy for 18 weeks. LOL
    LOL wouldn't be surprised if they make someone do that for not following instructions, thanks though i think ill get that one then

Forum Member

How long till the next class starts? I want to see how high they go with next rounds of coat stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How long till the next class starts? I want to see how high they go with next rounds of coat stuff.
    I've heard that the summer class begins on June 29. Anybody else heard differently?
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

What list# are they up to on Medicals?

Forum Member

Went to Cpat orientation today. People who went said they're all in the early 4000's.

Forum Member

Awesome. Are things looking good for us higher on the list or do you think I'm getting excited about nothing?

Forum Member

Awesome. Are things looking good for us higher on the list or do you think I'm getting excited about nothing?
    I don't know and I don't want to say a specific number they'll eventually stop at because it all depends how many get weeded out in the process, but I was told from a very reliable source at a dcas office that there is guaranteed three more classes.

Forum Member

What list # are you? Seems like anyone who scored a 99 and higher are good so far. Looking good for the 98s but we'd have to wait n see.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2strong View Post
    What list# are they up to on Medicals?
    they're around 3050-3080. they haven't reached the 3100s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by prospect View Post
    What list # are you? Seems like anyone who scored a 99 and higher are good so far. Looking good for the 98s but we'd have to wait n see.

they're around 3050-3080. they haven't reached the 3100s

I have a 98 and I'm in the early 6400s

Forum Member

K
    Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    I don't know and I don't want to say a specific number they'll eventually stop at because it all depends how many get weeded out in the process, but I was told from a very reliable source at a dcas office that there is guaranteed three more classes.
    Of course they have 3 more classes. There is another two years on list. I seem to remember it being confirmed already that there were 4 or 5 left, could be rembering wrong.

Forum Member

K

Of course they have 3 more classes. There is another two years on list. I seem to remember it being confirmed already that there were 4 or 5 left, could be rembering wrong.
    Confirmed 5 classes left off list 2000 @ the mentee session.

Forum Member

One of the people in charge at Metrotech said that the later projected start of the summer class is a sign that they are still scrambling to get enough candidates fully cleared.

When I tried to get my investigators opinion on the topic. He basically said that there are way too many factors to even estimate a range. The ~600 numbers reached for the past couple of classes have been freak occurrences.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    One of the people in charge at Metrotech said that the later projected start of the summer class is a sign that they are still scrambling to get enough candidates fully cleared.

When I tried to get my investigators opinion on the topic. He basically said that there are way too many factors to even estimate a range. The ~600 numbers reached for the past couple of classes have been freak occurrences.
    Chief said its starting June 29. June 29 means the class is starting earlier. Usually it's been January and July starts

Forum Member

So are you saying that they are having to go through way more candidates than they expected or than before?

Forum Member

So are you saying that they are having to go through way more candidates than they expected or than before?
    I think what he means, taking into account all of the testing factors (CPAT, background, medical, the run, etc), they probably expected to go through even more than ~600 candidates to fill the classes.

Forum Member

deleted****
    Last edited by Blinkster; 04-24-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Forum Member

The chief felt that there was a big gap between the end of the winter session and the start of the summer session. He currently has a son in the academy going on now and another son sitting at ~6000.

We will know soon enough once they start sending out run letters.
    Did the chief tell you this personally?

Word of advice, don't publicly insinuate a chief officers motives or reasons. What you're suggesting is nepotism and illegal. Before you write another opinion, you might want to frame it as; "what I think is...." not "the chief felt..."

Forum Member

Well I know this morning the captain most Definitely said, he's gonna make it happen.. But that was captain crunch

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Well I know this morning the captain most Definitely said, he's gonna make it happen.. But that was captain crunch
    Last night captain Morgan told my buddy the same thing

Thread Information