Like Tree13249Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

A video from the current academy .

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2888558...y#.VToTwQooSOU

Oh the anxiety

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Well I know this morning the captain most Definitely said, he's gonna make it happen.. But that was captain crunch
    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Last night captain Morgan told my buddy the same thing
    Captain America said its a bluff..."got em!"
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

I fell like the 98s will start the process any where from 6 months to a year ,but unfortunetely starting the process and actually getting hired are two completely different things. This test expires june 2017 so time is not on our side. I"m trying to think optimistically and i think most people who got a 98 will be in the january 2017 and june 2017 classes. I hate playing the waiting game.

Forum Member

I too have heard that a limiting factor in how quickly they turn classes around is the speed at which CID can clear candidates.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

http://www.myfoxny.com/clip/11421265/fire-academy

If you guys haven't seen it yet. I made a quick cameo somewhere in there lol. And literally every dude at the rock that day damn near broke their neck gawking at that reporter. My god...

Edit: Not Ernie Anastos
    Last edited by roadrunner09; Yesterday at 03:30 PM.

Forum Member

Who did what to earn that squad a 35'er? Or does everyone get that now?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Who did what to earn that squad a 35'er? Or does everyone get that now?

Not many 35'ers have been doled out this class. I believe that day, that they didn't communicate amongst each other about which PT gear they were gonna be wearing under the gear. Some of them had one kind, some had the other. DI's caught wind, and they got themselves a treat.

Forum Member

What's a 35er?

Forum Member

What's a 35er?
    The ladder that a squad can be seen carrying around. Many of the ways that the DIs correct problems are ways that involve punishing the group, not just the offender. The thinking is that in the real world if you screw up other people's lives may be at risk, so you want the entire squad/class to feel the weight of a mistake.

Forum Member

My squad got the 35"'er 3 times during the academy lol. Good times. One more week for you guys, congrads. I hope you guys have good weather for family day, one of the proudest moments of my life. And have fun at the probie party, to blow off steam with the guys you went through the academy with, it's a good time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I too have heard that a limiting factor in how quickly they turn classes around is the speed at which CID can clear candidates.
    It's gonna really suck if one were to be held up for stupid residency proof or something when time is running out and they are trying to get into the last class.

Forum Member

If there were to be a class in June 17 wouldn't it expire before the class would even start ? I thought January 17 would be the last class from this list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    It's gonna really suck if one were to be held up for stupid residency proof or something when time is running out and they are trying to get into the last class.
    If you prepare yourself for everything in the hiring process, nothing is really that stupid. If you get held up and dont make the class, then the candidate is the stupid one ya know?

Forum Member

I guess but residency proof isn't exactly in ones control since they told you what was required after it was too late. People have trouble with residency proof when they have lived here always.

Forum Member

On the DCAS Firefighter application it tells you what you will need to claim residency credit if you choose to. They let you know ahead of time so when you fill in that box on the written for it, theres no surprises.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    On the DCAS Firefighter application it tells you what you will need to claim residency credit if you choose to. They let you know ahead of time so when you fill in that box on the written for it, theres no surprises.
    You're right. I think people are surprised how hard it is to get those documents several years after the fact - especially if you no longer a customer.
    Also some documents, considering you're handing in close to a hundred pages in some cases, get lost. People are being forced to scram at the last minute.

But yea you're right it's not a surprise.

I do find that the documents have an inherent bias. Like what if you don't have a bank account, lease, phone etc

That's tough to deal with. But too many guys were using grandmas address and living outside the city and a lot of those guys were told to do that. Hard to know what's right

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4LIFE718 View Post
    Its hard to find statements and such from 2010/2011. I gave in all required info and I'm not sure if it got lost or what have you but I needed to hand in a few things a second time.

bank statement
    credit card statement
    w2's should get you the 36/36 points you need for residency.

Forum Member

You're right. I think people are surprised how hard it is to get those documents several years after the fact - especially if you no longer a customer.
    Also some documents, considering you're handing in close to a hundred pages in some cases, get lost. People are being forced to scram at the last minute.

But yea you're right it's not a surprise.

I do find that the documents have an inherent bias. Like what if you don't have a bank account, lease, phone etc

That's tough to deal with. But too many guys were using grandmas address and living outside the city and a lot of those guys were told to do that. Hard to know what's right
    Exactly i lived with my parents in 2010/2011 I had no signed lease. I Didn't have the mortgage, electric, gas/heat or anything like that in my name. I'm lucky i have been with chase for years and was able to get my hands on those statements. Without any of those I would have been searching aimlessly.

Thread Information