Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 1020 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522621125121012 ... LastLast
Like Tree7738Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

was it just me or does the online application not have a residency credit check off box..? or perhaps it just goes by the zip you entered? I try to skim this thread really quick, couildn't find anything

Forum Member

had a question on the part about being a NYC resident. I know you don't have to live in NY to take the test, but it stated that "the time of appointment" one would have to live in NYC or the counties mention. My question is what does "the time of appoinment" mean? Is that the time we are called to finish out the rest of the process? or when one graduates from the FDNY recruit school? thanks and look forward to test.

Forum Member

The day you start "probie school" you are appointed the position and are on payroll.

Forum Member

ah ok gottca thanks

Forum Member

What type of confirmation, if any, do you recieve after signing up for the test? I recieved an email stating that my account had been created but not one confirming that my application for the exam had been accepted (I filled out all the information for the exam including credit card info) Also, my credit card has not been charged. I sent OAS an email but that have not gotten back to me. Have other people been getting confirmation or do I need to sign up again? Thanks

Forum Member

If you didnt get and email like this: "Your OASys payment has been approved, Thank you!"

or this:

"Your Receipt for Online Application System Payment"

I'd say you need to call them during regular business hours and check

Forum Member

Default So You Want to be a NYC Firefighter?

For those who don't understand the FDNY hiring process, this article may help.

So You Want to be a NYC Firefighter?
    CLICK HERE: http://www.kbmike.com/2011/09/so-you...refighter.html

Forum Member

How "squeaky clean" are we talking about here?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffvaldez View Post
    How "squeaky clean" are we talking about here?
    Don't sweat it bro, as long as you don't have felonies or misdemeanors or a history of speeding tickets or income tax evasion you're good.

Forum Member

Default residency points

quick question guys, in order to receive the 5 residency points do we need to send in the papers now or do we wait until after the exam and they add the 5 points to the final score?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    quick question guys, in order to receive the 5 residency points do we need to send in the papers now or do we wait until after the exam and they add the 5 points to the final score?
    In the past you were able to claim it now, and on the exam and after you have a score and list #, when you're called to start moving fwd in the process that's when you'll have to prove it. I haven't seen anything stating this would change so I'd assume that's how it will go now.

Forum Member

Is anyone here seriously considering or already signed up for one of those private prep courses for the written? I've been going back and forth on this. On one hand, we all obviously wanna prepare more than we think we should. But on the other, this test is potentially going to be so different that I fear the prep courses they offer won't be able to offer much at all, even to the point of being detrimental. While $450 is indeed a lot of dough, that's not even my biggest concern. My biggest concern is spending it on something that, like I said, will do me no good...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    I'm pretty sure after the exam

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Is anyone here seriously considering or already signed up for one of those private prep courses for the written? I've been going back and forth on this. On one hand, we all obviously wanna prepare more than we think we should. But on the other, this test is potentially going to be so different that I fear the prep courses they offer won't be able to offer much at all, even to the point of being detrimental. While $450 is indeed a lot of dough, that's not even my biggest concern. My biggest concern is spending it on something that, like I said, will do me no good...
    Same here, the $450 isn't that big of a deal to me if the course is a good prep course. I'll happily pay that. But with the new test who knows how this test will play out, I don't want to spend $450 for nothing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I'm pretty sure after the exam
    Ok because I definitely want those points lol..there wasn't a residency credit box that we had to check off on the application from what I remember..they will give us that option on the test I'm assuming?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Im in the same boat too. I'll gladly pay it for a legit class. I was hoping to get more info from the city on what prep courses they are going to offer. I figured once the filing closes maybe we'd get something then.

I also get a feeling with these prep courses that you can sign up last minute. I'm sure they're not going to turn away your $450.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I also get a feeling with these prep courses that you can sign up last minute. I'm sure they're not going to turn away your $450.
    Not necessarily man. Look at the link.

http://www.civilservicesuccess.com/F...TER%202010.htm

Both classes in Staten Island seem to have filled up. The Queens location actually would work out perfectly for me, however my concern still remains. Hence my dilemma...

Forum Member

I agree with your skepticism. I however still signed up because it's close in distance to me and if I back out, I only have to eat my down payment.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 09-08-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can give a prep class when you have only s vague idea at best what the test will look like. I think when the city releases the study guide it will tell a lot.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Personally, I don't see how anyone can give a prep class when you have only s vague idea at best what the test will look like. I think when the city releases the study guide it will tell a lot.

So you tend to think it's a waste of time and money?

I actually value your opinion from way back (serious)...

Thread Information