Like Tree9870Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    Correct me I Iam wrong but the letter that we all got from Dcas stated that the fairness hearing didn't involve 2000 just the previous tests since 2000 was supervised by the court. Which I thought meant that the evolution of 2000 as far as scores and list rankings was a totally separate entity from the fairness hearing again that was just how I perceived the letter

Myles, I believe the judge does not want to put out the results now bc they are going to be very simiar to 6019 results and he will look like an idiot and will envoke the 3/5 rule (3 minorities to 2 whites)
    I believe he is just stalling until after the fairness hearings....The only way his plan can backfire is if the appelate court overules and puts this case to trial by jury,,,,,But for right now he is bidding his time bc he knows that the test results arent in the blacks favor.......and he doesnt want to look like an idiot the way he and the vulcans did before with only 1% black increase in the 2000 test.

Forum Member

I don't know when to expect lists to be released for #2000/#2500, though it seems like September/October is not entirely a bad guess at this point (don't get your hopes up). What I do know is the department is dying to start the process and start to plug the huge expensive hole in their budget that the hiring freeze created. The day DCAS generates lists is the day they start the process to get people going through the CPAT (which is a 3 month ordeal in itself). Unfortunately for anyone on #2000 the rumor mill where I am has been that the first class or 2 will be entirely EMS, as to exhaust #2500. The information quoted by gimmefire600 seems to match that.

Regardless, if you aren't already running and going to the gym then you are behind.

Forum Member

Does any one have any idea how they will grade it yet? even a rumor?

Forum Member

Default ?

So there's a rumors going around that 2000 and 2500 have been put on hold until futher notice has anyone else herd about this? My instructor running a physical class just told me about it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    So there's a rumors going around that 2000 and 2500 have been put on hold until futher notice has anyone else herd about this? My instructor running a physical class just told me about it.
    Can you elaborate further on what that means...

Also, what do you mean by your instructor running a physical class...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Can you elaborate further on what that means...

Also, what do you mean by your instructor running a physical class...
    Im not to sure myself I don't know if it's a rumor or facts. But in staten island and long island they have physical classes to prep you for the physical test. He just texted me telling me this is was just wondering if anyone else has herd anything like that. Don't mean to worry anyone if I'm wrong.

Forum Member

Im not to sure myself I don't know if it's a rumor or facts. But in staten island and long island they have physical classes to prep you for the physical test. He just texted me telling me this is was just wondering if anyone else has herd anything like that. Don't mean to worry anyone if I'm wrong.

is this the physical prep class being held in industrial loop? If so, I doubt that guy has any "inside" info.

Unless he's referring to the actions of last week, where the promo list wasnt published.

Forum Member

nobody knows anything as of now, maybe...hopefully in a month or so we will have some insight, all we do know for fact is that the fdny needs to hire. it is only logical to assume that the first hires would be from promo list just because they could put a class in quicker and start lowering ot . however logical thinking hasnt been the forefront of these past 7 years

Forum Member

If they do end up doing a class of all EMS promos, would they start calling us for physicals at the same time or wait til later on?

Forum Member

My cousin friend on SI took that class. Can you PM me the info for it please? just curious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EBHFD68 View Post
    How often is the EMS promotional given out?
    Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Same as OC
    Incorrect, every two years is the rule of thumb they follow since EMS promos have started. Reason it didn't happen in '09 is due to budget issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Myles, I believe the judge does not want to put out the results now bc they are going to be very simiar to 6019 results and he will look like an idiot and will envoke the 3/5 rule (3 minorities to 2 whites)
    I believe he is just stalling until after the fairness hearings....The only way his plan can backfire is if the appelate court overules and puts this case to trial by jury,,,,,But for right now he is bidding his time bc he knows that the test results arent in the blacks favor.......and he doesnt want to look like an idiot the way he and the vulcans did before with only 1% black increase in the 2000 test.
    Maybe this is true, maybe it's not. I'm not going to feed into rebel rousing or yellow journalism but I would hope others follow. Speculation is going to be killer but stop and focus on what we know as of today which leads me to my next point....

....stop believing this please. Unless it comes from the Judge, the Commissioner, or the court-appointed monitor everyone knows as much as or as less as us. Don't believe everything you hear and question everything you are told.
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 08-28-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    nycthirteen likes this.

Forum Member

Some one on EMS promo told me he got regular mail starting the process for investigation etc.

Forum Member

Two of my partners got letters today to meet with investigator to start process. They both got specific dates. Hope I got something in the mail today.

Forum Member

What does this mean to us guys that took the OC exam ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    What it means is we train, we wait, and we stay focused. All OCL guys knew we'd be behind the promo guys but how far behind is the question. As to those who are on the EMS list, best of luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I have no idea. I have no idea what it means for us EMS guys. We don't have scores, a list, and the judge still needs to ok our results. Things are outta whack a little bit. But I guess the department has a plan and they are setting it in motion. From what I heard throughout the day pretty much all the guys within the city limits got letter. I'm in Long Beach so I'm hoping over something in a day or so. If not I'll just guess that I failed in which case I'll
    Be heading to Metrotech anyway to resign.

Forum Member

We can say with confidence that we are ATLEAST 8 weeks away from the CPAT, possibly and most likely more.

As per the standards set forth by the IAFF and the IAFC (the creators of the CPAT), two orientations and two timed practice sessions must be offered within 8 weeks prior to the CPAT test.

To my knowledge CPAT orientation and practice letters have not been sent out yet, so It's a reasonable assumption... Far better then, "Yeah, my uncle's dog wagged his tail 3 times this morning so the CPAT is in 3 weeks! I got a good feeling about this guys!"

When the CPAT letters go out, that'll be a good sign and the next step. If you're not on some type of fitness plan already your behind the curve. Step it up.
    Last edited by FFRY; 08-29-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Incorrect, every two years is the rule of thumb they follow since EMS promos have started. Reason it didn't happen in '09 is due to budget issues.

Maybe this is true, maybe it's not. I'm not going to feed into rebel rousing or yellow journalism but I would hope others follow. Speculation is going to be killer but stop and focus on what we know as of today which leads me to my next point....

....stop believing this please. Unless it comes from the Judge, the Commissioner, or the court-appointed monitor everyone knows as much as or as less as us. Don't believe everything you hear and question everything you are told.
    Sorry dj when I herd this I just wanted to make sure it was a rumor. When I herd this I felt like a low blow and I just wanted to double check, thanks for clairfying it's hard to distinguish what's rumor and what's fact exspecially since every one here wants in bad.

Forum Member

Straight from the Capt. of P.F.S.: There will be a January class of E.M.S. promotees. What does that mean? Well, it means that Metrotech has told the PFS Capt. at The Rock that there will be a January class. That's firm. However, firm in the FDNY only means that's it's true for the moment. Anything can change. It will be more set in stone when the dept. orders publish a request for instructors.

As for all of you from the open competitive list; don't kill yourselves with speculation right now. I doubt that any decisions will be made until after the fairness hearing and the Second Circuit rules. If the January class does indeed materialize, there won't be another class until late Spring/Summer at the earliest anyway.
    Last edited by FDsouthbxNY; 08-30-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Forum Member

They have sent out letters setting up candidate investigation interviews for all promo candidates. The letter very clearly states that it is not an indication of having passed the test, or what your list # might be, only that they are preparing to process the list and want to take care of this now, so that when they get the green light one of the more time consuming parts of processing (the background check) is done.

It doesn't mean all that much until they release the list and start sending out CPAT letters, but it's still a sweet sign.

Forum Member

I'm glad the EMS guys are getting the ball rolling, then promos can happen etc.

When do we hear the news about the appeal? who will be reading my letter? The appeals Court or garifius? Do list numbers get posted publicly?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Forum Member

Default OC test

Hey guys, I took the OC test 2000..... Got my letter today, list number 234. I also won the mega millions and met the easter bunny

Just kidding guys, everyone so tense maybe a joke or two will help. Good luck everyone. I think we should hear something by start of Oct. Hopefully a good portion of the June 13 class will be us!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    and met the easter bunny
    I hope you got a chocolate bunny from him!
    Blu 2 red hopeful likes this.

Forum Member

So, this is an article about our favorite judge getting one of his cases overturned in a second circuit court of appeals. Hoping we get a similar result, Judge Garaufis shows a pretty consistent pattern of wildly overreaching his authority.

A gang-banger slapped with nearly 20 years in the slammer after a stop-and-frisk in Queens won a new trial yesterday because a cop who testified against him had given testimony that was “unworthy of belief” in a similar case.

In a 2-to-1 decision, a Manhattan federal appeals court said Lance White’s public defender was wrongly prevented from cross-examining an NYPD detective about the cop’s earlier, “discredited” testimony.

“Evidence that might lead a jury to conclude the officer was willing to lie in a similar case in order to secure a criminal conviction is . . . relevant . . .” wrote Judge Guido Calabresi.

White, a Bloods associate known as “King,” was convicted of being an armed career criminal after he was caught carrying a loaded, .380-caliber handgun on his way to sell it to an undercover cop as part of a joint FBI-NYPD sting in 2008.

But the appeals court said Brooklyn Judge Nicholas Garaufis “erred” when he ruled that the prosecution’s main witness, NYPD Detective Paul Herrmann, couldn’t be questioned about another gun-possession case. In that case, the evidence was tossed because a different judge said Herrmann gave an “inconsistent” account of the bust.

The dissenting judges accused their colleagues of conducting their “own evidentiary analysis.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...#ixzz2590FAqZZ

Forum Member

i like turtles

Thread Information