Like Tree9843Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

River, this is good news. The courts are all about precedent and there is a perfect example of this judge showing horrible judgement.

Forum Member

Another critic of the FDNY's "too white" hiring, Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-Brooklyn). UNBELIEVABLE.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1152362

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Another critic of the FDNY's "too white" hiring, Rep. Yvette Clarke (D-Brooklyn). UNBELIEVABLE.

No offense but she also thought slavery lasted to 1898 under the Dutch. If that was comedy you got me to laugh, if that's seriousness you're politics are making me laugh. In other news vek can you link me the article? In a PM if you can't do it over this think or my cell.

Forum Member

Oh man, that is classic. How Colbert keeps a straight face is beyond me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Oh man, that is classic. How Colbert keeps a straight face is beyond me.
    People like her are what cause situations like this one we're all in. Instead of knowing facts and history, she makes assumptions on God only knows what basis to come up with her ideology.

Forum Member

People like her are what cause situations like this one we're all in. Instead of knowing facts and history, she makes assumptions on God only knows what basis to come up with her ideology.
    Yeah, its nauseating. Let me just fill in the blanks for anything I don't understand with "racism" haha.

Forum Member

aren't we supposed to be getting our scores soon? or is that plan over with?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 09-06-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    aren't we supposed to be getting out scored soon? or is that plan over with?
    I think that was a rumor...sept/october-ish. The joinfdny facebook page just says later this year.

Forum Member

some scary rumors on the rant.

Forum Member

some scary rumors on the rant.
    as in what????

Forum Member

think they ended up figuring out amongst each other that it was untrue or unrelated, as far as I can tell from just reading. The original thread alluding to the test being scrapped, but seems untrue.

fdnyrant.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=exams&action=display&thread=13425& page=1
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 09-07-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Forum Member

think they ended up figuring out amongst each other that it was untrue or unrelated, as far as I can tell from just reading. The original thread alluding to the test being scrapped, but seems untrue.

fdnyrant.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=exams&action=display&thread=13425& page=1
    It's un-true, relax!

Forum Member

Hey guys, i took the 2000 fdny exam, as well as past exams. As I am white and ****ed about all this non sense and bs about being white and scoring pretty high( i think 2 wrongs and a 2-3 partial credits) on the test and prob not gonna get on because of all it I read the forums alot. I know this isnt the place to post this but figured everyone needs a break on things as well.. so if anyones interested in $49/month unlimited talk text and web, no contract, 4G network ( tmobile service towers) and you can use any AT&T, TMobile, or Unlocked cell phone with this new company. They have a great referal program offering for every 3 people you refer you are paid $20/month on a visa debit card associated to you. So if anyone is interested please let me know, my email is teamsolavei19 at yahoo .. thanks!

On another note, Everyone has said it and it makes no sense at all. Only the best qualified should be hired regardless of race. I really wouldnt want to work with someone who cant read a simple paragraph and get the answer off of it. Its simple reading comprehension.

Forum Member

Rham, you should be banned from this thread.
    FI18RE, ATFDFF, vekdoggs75 and 1 others like this.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

No one wants your sh1ty service rham, If it doesn't pertain to the FDNY dont post it. Take that sh1t somewhere else. Another thing, how can you come on here spewing what YOU THINK you got wrong or right on the exam, your only going to disappoint yourself when you get the letter in the mail. I hope your not the same pr1ck that was trying to sell the Vulcan book on eBay a few months ago.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rham2826 View Post
    Hey guys, i took the 2000 fdny exam, as well as past exams. As I am white and ****ed about all this non sense and bs about being white and scoring pretty high( i think 2 wrongs and a 2-3 partial credits) on the test and prob not gonna get on because of all it I read the forums alot. I know this isnt the place to post this but figured everyone needs a break on things as well.. so if anyones interested in $49/month unlimited talk text and web, no contract, 4G network ( tmobile service towers) and you can use any AT&T, TMobile, or Unlocked cell phone with this new company. They have a great referal program offering for every 3 people you refer you are paid $20/month on a visa debit card associated to you. So if anyone is interested please let me know, my email is teamsolavei19 at yahoo .. thanks!

On another note, Everyone has said it and it makes no sense at all. Only the best qualified should be hired regardless of race. I really wouldnt want to work with someone who cant read a simple paragraph and get the answer off of it. Its simple reading comprehension.
    T mobile service towers? like thats a good thing? T mobile has the worst service.
    thanks for your generic scam i hope no one falls for it. i dont think anyone is THAT stupid

Forum Member

I should burn down those crap
    Spam scam towers juat so I can get on FD to put them out. Jk

Forum Member

rham: reported.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

this thread is really dying.... 4 days with no posts

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcasler View Post
    this thread is really dying.... 4 days with no posts
    Just no news to report. I can guarantee you as soon as we hear anything about the appeal decision, list numbers, or the "fairness" hearing happens this thread will explode.

Forum Member

Maybe i'm just being too positive about this but, I just don't see how this test is not going to get accepted. that would mean that another test has to get developed and how long is that going to take... FDNY is short in man power by more than 650 last time it was brought up to me and its only going to keep on getting worst. Overtime is killing the city's pockets right now so i just don't see how it wont get established.

On another note for those of you who have been trying to get better at running, 3 months ago i started running places with alot of hills and inclined paths, after doing this i have bettered my first 1.5 miles from around 10:20 to 9:00 flat. Just thought it might help others.

Keep training guys, its coming soon.

Forum Member

Maybe i'm just being too positive about this but, I just don't see how this test is not going to get accepted.

Sorry to tell you bud,,,,but that is a very LIKELY scenario......word is going around that the judge does not like the results of the new test. This is why the results have not been made yet...

He is waiting for the fairness hearing before he makes any move.......He is stuck between a rock and a hard place bc he made a terrible decision in regards to 6019....and now what happens if the NEW results are similar or even worse??!?!?! He cant just let the new test be valid but 6019 still be banished,,,,he would no doubt give every penny he could to any black that is undeserving bc he wants to screw over bloomberg.... Even the Vulcans are asking him to move forward with everything.

Doesnt matter hjow much money the city spent on the new test....Do you know how much money they spent and wasted on 6019 that was the MOST DIVERSE EVER!!!!! He has really ****ed with everything that has been right with the system and now there is no turning back..

He knows hes made his bed and now he has to lay in it...which means not giving in to anything.
    Which means a new test with same results will be thrown out just like every other test we would take.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting diff results.... so dont try and get your hopes up when he makes a ruling after the fairness hearing that its either racial quotas or its nothing at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Maybe i'm just being too positive about this but, I just don't see how this test is not going to get accepted.

Sorry to tell you bud,,,,but that is a very LIKELY scenario......word is going around that the judge does not like the results of the new test. This is why the results have not been made yet...

He is waiting for the fairness hearing before he makes any move.......He is stuck between a rock and a hard place bc he made a terrible decision in regards to 6019....and now what happens if the NEW results are similar or even worse??!?!?! He cant just let the new test be valid but 6019 still be banished,,,,he would no doubt give every penny he could to any black that is undeserving bc he wants to screw over bloomberg.... Even the Vulcans are asking him to move forward with everything.

Doesnt matter hjow much money the city spent on the new test....Do you know how much money they spent and wasted on 6019 that was the MOST DIVERSE EVER!!!!! He has really ****ed with everything that has been right with the system and now there is no turning back..

He knows hes made his bed and now he has to lay in it...which means not giving in to anything.
    Which means a new test with same results will be thrown out just like every other test we would take.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting diff results.... so dont try and get your hopes up when he makes a ruling after the fairness hearing that its either racial quotas or its nothing at all.
    Obviously this clown judge will do whatever he wants...but..a few things are different to this test then to 6019...

1) didn't they have the test format changed to accommodate..make it easier?
    2) didn't a court appointed person over see the process?
    3) they extended the test process specifically to recruit more African Americans..
    4) The recruitment video focused on ALL minorities..
    5) didn't the Vulcan's visit prospective African Americans to ensure they completed the process?

So, really, there is nothing more that can be done to make it fair..the city followed guidelines to make the test "more fair" see.."easier"..These results should be approved..because if 6019 wasn't approved by this judge because it wasn't fair, and the city went ABOVE and BEYOND any other testing process to ensure as much diversity then before..with a new test, and extending the registration period..and get the same results, then it is what it is..and no one can dispute that.

I'll pay to take the test as many times as needed..I'd sell my soul to wear the FDNY patch and represent the city and citizens of NYC.

Oh yea, if you provided proof of unemployment, then you could test for free..

Forum Member

Default Question

Say the results of the 2000 are similiar to the 6019, is there any chance they will hire from the 6019? Never took that one and hope thats not the case.

Furthermore, if you failed the 2000, not only should you not be a firefighter in the FDNY but you should probably enroll back into middle school.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Where are you hearing this? Unless you have a good source, please don't post speculation. I think DJ would back me up when I say bad information is worse than no information. Every so often someone posts a negative rumor on here and then all of the posters freak out for a couple of days!

Thread Information