Like Tree10634Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Sorry to tell you bud,,,,but that is a very LIKELY scenario......word is going around that the judge does not like the results of the new test. This is why the results have not been made yet...
    Wow this guy right here must know friends and family members of the judge to hear these rumors because i am sure that the judge doesn't discuss this with total strangers. So if you do know these people enlighten us with what the judge is thinking bro, if not keep your "word is going around" to your self.

Forum Member

Just curious but if everything goes down with no ****ery and we're lucky enough to get in, the strength test to get into the academy is 1.5 miles under 12 minutes or 11 ? And it's 30 push ups, 30 sit ups, and 3 pull ups ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Just curious but if everything goes down with no ****ery and we're lucky enough to get in, the strength test to get into the academy is 1.5 miles under 12 minutes or 11 ? And it's 30 push ups, 30 sit ups, and 3 pull ups ?
    1.5 miles in less than 12*, 4 pull ups (not chin ups), everything else you got on the money. Fail the run then your automatically out, fail the rest by a few and your put in remedial training ( worst thing that can happen to you because ALL eyes will be on you.)
    Last edited by Jukez; 09-17-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Forum Member

Bored at work so I perused the 2nd circuit court of appeals calendar on their website to see if the city's appeal decision was anywhere on the horizon. The calendar only seems to go up to Oct 27th so far and there isn't anything slated that has to do with the FDNY on it. Called the number for the court to see if I could get any info at all about the case but they were tight lipped (didn't know anything) and about as surly and useless as you'd expect a federal employee to be on a Monday. All I gathered was that the public wouldn't know when the decision was til after it happened.

Like I said I'm bored at work haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Maybe i'm just being too positive about this but, I just don't see how this test is not going to get accepted.

Sorry to tell you bud,,,,but that is a very LIKELY scenario......word is going around that the judge does not like the results of the new test. This is why the results have not been made yet...

He is waiting for the fairness hearing before he makes any move.......He is stuck between a rock and a hard place bc he made a terrible decision in regards to 6019....and now what happens if the NEW results are similar or even worse??!?!?! He cant just let the new test be valid but 6019 still be banished,,,,he would no doubt give every penny he could to any black that is undeserving bc he wants to screw over bloomberg.... Even the Vulcans are asking him to move forward with everything.

Doesnt matter hjow much money the city spent on the new test....Do you know how much money they spent and wasted on 6019 that was the MOST DIVERSE EVER!!!!! He has really ****ed with everything that has been right with the system and now there is no turning back..

He knows hes made his bed and now he has to lay in it...which means not giving in to anything.
    Which means a new test with same results will be thrown out just like every other test we would take.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting diff results.... so dont try and get your hopes up when he makes a ruling after the fairness hearing that its either racial quotas or its nothing at all.
    I am ignorant to the legal process but I would think that a higher court would step in a validate the test, if not the quota thing with have to go to another court.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Say the results of the 2000 are similiar to the 6019, is there any chance they will hire from the 6019? Never took that one and hope thats not the case.

Furthermore, if you failed the 2000, not only should you not be a firefighter in the FDNY but you should probably enroll back into middle school.
    and they should take away the test takers drivers license and keep them from operating any heavy machinery.

Forum Member

Sorry for the triply post but I was just wondering, What the soonest the rest of us could possibly be taking the CPAT? I am trying to organize my training. I have been spend too much time doing the major lifts and not enough time doing conditioning work.

Does any one remember where to find the height/weight requirement chart? and at what point we have to be that weight?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    1.5 miles in less than 12*, 4 pull ups (not chin ups), everything else you got on the money. Fail the run then your automatically out, fail the rest by a few and your put in remedial training ( worst thing that can happen to you because ALL eyes will be on you.)
    Fail the run, and you get sent back to the medical office. You're most likely out, but it's not a guarantee.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Sorry for the triply post but I was just wondering, What the soonest the rest of us could possibly be taking the CPAT? I am trying to organize my training. I have been spend too much time doing the major lifts and not enough time doing conditioning work.

Does any one remember where to find the height/weight requirement chart? and at what point we have to be that weight?
    All I know is that I was 5 ft 10 (bull**** since I'm 5 11 lol), but I had to come back in for an additional weigh in. I believe I had to get below 216. You can prob add a few lbs per inch based on that height and weight requirement.

Also I would quit with any heavy lifting you're doing now. If I can give any type of advice, you shouldn't be doing any weight training where you're not doing a minimum of 12 reps. The physical and the academy is highly repetitive lifting.
    Last edited by vekdoggs75; 09-17-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    All I know is that I was 5 ft 10 (bull**** since I'm 5 11 lol), but I had to come back in for an additional weigh in. I believe I had to get below 216. You can prob add a few lbs per inch based on that height and weight requirement.

Also I would quit with any heavy lifting you're doing now. If I can give any type of advice, you shouldn't be doing any weight training where you're not doing a minimum of 12 reps. The physical and the academy is highly repetitive lifting.
    13 to 12 is remediation, 12-under passing, 13 over failing.

And DC, NO ONE HAS HEARD ANYTHING!

Moving on...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Bored at work so I perused the 2nd circuit court of appeals calendar on their website to see if the city's appeal decision was anywhere on the horizon. The calendar only seems to go up to Oct 27th so far and there isn't anything slated that has to do with the FDNY on it. Called the number for the court to see if I could get any info at all about the case but they were tight lipped (didn't know anything) and about as surly and useless as you'd expect a federal employee to be on a Monday. All I gathered was that the public wouldn't know when the decision was til after it happened.

Like I said I'm bored at work haha.
    Here is a link to check the 2nd Circuit decisions daily: http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/opinions.htm

Be advised, you are looking for an opinion.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBorn;1340926]Sorry for the triply post but I was just wondering, What the soonest the rest of us could possibly be taking the CPAT? I am trying to organize my training. I have been spend too much time doing the major lifts and not enough time doing conditioning work.

If your preparing for the CPAT I can help, i helped recruits prepare for it down in the DC area for several depts. and we had really good success esp. with getting light weight women (105-115 pounds) to pass.

The main things i can tell you to adjust in your workout now is workout your legs primarily. MOST recruits who fail are lacking in leg strength and endurance. Its not about upper body first, much like the job, the legs need to carry the majority of the work.

Next focus on exercises that keep your heart rate up. A heavy focus on body weight exercises mixed with a cardio element will go a LONG way. An example would be going on a 2 mile run and dropping down to do a set of push-ups every quarter mile.

Lastly, and I can't stress this enough, get familiar with the events in CPAT, the order they are in, what disqualifies you, and how much time you should spend doing what. Many depts use CPAT as their entry level physical exam so info on it shouldn't be to hard to find. It gets painful to watch when some people (mainly overconfident males) get in there and walk the wrong way or make mental mistakes cause they didn't take advantage of having the ability to see the test before they take it. Don't be one of those guys who are as physically prepared as well as anyone but are poorly prepared mentally.

Forum Member

I am 5'7 how much can I weigh? I guess I am gonna have to call recruitment and see if they know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    Lastly, and I can't stress this enough, get familiar with the events in CPAT, the order they are in, what disqualifies you, and how much time you should spend doing what. Many depts use CPAT as their entry level physical exam so info on it shouldn't be to hard to find. It gets painful to watch when some people (mainly overconfident males) get in there and walk the wrong way or make mental mistakes cause they didn't take advantage of having the ability to see the test before they take it. Don't be one of those guys who are as physically prepared as well as anyone but are poorly prepared mentally.
    If you check out youtube there are a bunch of videos of people doing the CPAT

Forum Member

Default training

message was deleted
    Last edited by knicksh2o; 09-20-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Forum Member

^^

It's a good idea to avoid posts like this. A LOT of people besides candidates view this thread.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I am 5'7 how much can I weigh? I guess I am gonna have to call recruitment and see if they know.
    Yeah I would call the office for an exact #, but don't stress over it. As long as you're running, there's no point in worrying about it now as your conditioning is the #1 priority. When you do your medical, they weigh you and will let you know whether or not you need to drop some lbs. If you do need to lose weight, the nurse tells you come back when you get down to their "suggested" weight. If I had to take a guess, i would say a 5 ft 7 guy would prob need to be in the 195-205 based on me 5 ft 10 and needed to be 216.

Forum Member

Yeah I would call the office for an exact #, but don't stress over it. As long as you're running, there's no point in worrying about it now as your conditioning is the #1 priority. When you do your medical, they weigh you and will let you know whether or not you need to drop some lbs. If you do need to lose weight, the nurse tells you come back when you get down to their "suggested" weight. If I had to take a guess, i would say a 5 ft 7 guy would prob need to be in the 195-205 based on me 5 ft 10 and needed to be 216.

isn't it something like 20% more than that very old chart for height: weight proportions?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    isn't it something like 20% more than that very old chart for height: weight proportions?
    Not sure man. I just remember that was the weight the nurse told me I had to be under to fully pass the medical.

Forum Member

all of you guys are saying the physical requires a 1.5 mile run and pushups, sit ups, pull ups.. correct me if im wrong but last i heard it was 5 minutes on a stairmaster while wearing a weighted vest and then a bunch of obstacle courses after that such as going through tight mazes, ladder raises, etc.. was a the cpat changed and i didnt hear about it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    all of you guys are saying the physical requires a 1.5 mile run and pushups, sit ups, pull ups.. correct me if im wrong but last i heard it was 5 minutes on a stairmaster while wearing a weighted vest and then a bunch of obstacle courses after that such as going through tight mazes, ladder raises, etc.. was a the cpat changed and i didnt hear about it?
    The CPAT hasn't changed.

The 1.5 mile run, pushups, etc. that they are talking about is the evaluation you have pass before actually beginning the Academy (after you passed the CPAT and passed the Medcal, Psych, etc.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    The CPAT hasn't changed.

The 1.5 mile run, pushups, etc. that they are talking about is the evaluation you have pass before actually beginning the Academy (after you passed the CPAT and passed the Medcal, Psych, etc.)
    ok gotcha thanks

Forum Member

You guys got it all wrong... you have to run the 1.5 miles in under 12 min AND be a minority
    wow, it only took three posts from you to get the bigotry out! Take it elsewhere guy! No one wants to waste their time reading that stuff.

Forum Member

I dunno some one posted a chart on here like over a year ago and think it said something crazy like 170 for 5'7 and 165 for 5'6. I am hoping to keep a lot of my strength and also get into awesome cardio strength. I have been deadlifting often but have to work on my squat form so I can hit high reps. I also needs to do sets with the vest several times a week. I bet I have a lot more fat then I think I do.

Forum Member

You guys got it all wrong... you have to run the 1.5 miles in under 12 min AND be a minority
    I've been on this thread a while now and am sick and tired of the bashing of said "minorities". People co-signing on others comments without regard to minorities like myself. Hard working literate African Americans. This one test isn't the end all. There will be more tests to come, should I or any other minority make it to the academy. Those who aren't qualified will be weeded out. Including Caucasians, Asians and all other ethnicity's. Do you believe the FDNY got to the status of having the best of the best, just rolling anyone into a firehouse? Is this lawsuit and process fair? I don't know. But it is what it is. Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, I hope this attitude that many seem to have towards minorities changes before you hop on a rig with me. Because I personally won't stand for it. You don't know me from any other guy/girl that made it through. **** I may have scored higher on the test than you. Lawsuit don't seem fair? guess what... So suck it up and show respect to the guy/girl next to you if your fortunate to make it. Whatever ethnicity he or she is. They may be the one saving ur neck one day.

Thread Information