Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 129 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 29791191261271281291301311321391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 23934
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I had exam C and I made 2 absolutely ridiculous errors I am still shaking my head at it. I only got like 3 or 4 PCs on the rest of the exam though. Still ****ed at myself though. Top 700 on 6019 and I'm probably going to be like 30,000 on this crap.
    Yeah - 2 NC and 3 or 4 PC, plus residency… I wouldn't be too upset if I were you. In fact, that's precisely what I got and I'm not too upset. Assuming for the moment that they score this like they did 6019, those results would yield you a score well above 100. Let's see how it shakes out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Yeah - 2 NC and 3 or 4 PC, plus residency… I wouldn't be too upset if I were you. In fact, that's precisely what I got and I'm not too upset. Assuming for the moment that they score this like they did 6019, those results would yield you a score well above 100. Let's see how it shakes out.
    Very true - guess getting down or too high after seeing those results prob isn't good until we see the final results.

Forum Member

Very true - guess getting down or too high after seeing those results prob isn't good until we see the final results.
    I got two NC (protested one) and 6 PC on the personality section (protested one) plus residency and I'm not stressing like you are. On this thread and on other message boards, us guys that scored in single digits on the personality section are in the minority. Most people seem to be in the teens when it comes to partial credit in the personality section.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I got two NC (protested one) and 6 PC on the personality section (protested one) plus residency and I'm not stressing like you are. On this thread and on other message boards, us guys that scored in single digits on the personality section are in the minority. Most people seem to be in the teens when it comes to partial credit in the personality section.
    Yeah I think it's the NCs that got me a little nervous pervis. I actually went into the review saying I ****in dominated it so I was a bit bummed to make 2 ridiculous mistakes.

Forum Member

Yeah I think it's the NCs that got me a little nervous pervis. I actually went into the review saying I ****in dominated it so I was a bit bummed to make 2 ridiculous mistakes.
    I know the feeling, I'm hoping the one I protested get overturned or thrown out or whatever the procedure is but the other one I got wrong was just a stupid mistake on my part. I saw what I did wrong and didn't even bother look into protesting it.

Forum Member

Well although I so far "aced" the first 4 parts, those 8 PC on the personality is freaking me out.. Thank god for residency credit maybe I can make up those points with that.

You guys with the handfulls of PC can probably calm down. As people have already said nobody knows how this test will be scored. Also it doesn't appear we will have many 100% scores on this test. Probably 98 or 99%. If all of us who studied our butts off got 4-10 partial credits and 1 or 2 wrong what do you think the 50% who didn't really care that much about the test got?
    MFES and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

I'm actually worried that I look, "too good" now. I have to quit checking these boards lol
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    You guys with the handfulls of PC can probably calm down. As people have already said nobody knows how this test will be scored. Also it doesn't appear we will have many 100% scores on this test. Probably 98 or 99%. If all of us who studied our butts off got 4-10 partial credits and 1 or 2 wrong what do you think the 50% who didn't really care that much about the test got?
    I know what your saying but quite honestly what scares me is that it doesn't really take any kind of knowledge or skill to ace the personality test and in a way from the study materials that we all had we were guided a bit wrong which it said not to "oversell yourself". Now you have your average joe who didn't study and is in there taking a test and making himself sound like te superman of all employees and he's the one acing it. See where I'm going with this? Lol

Forum Member

I see where you're going but we don't know which "type" of personality for which they are looking. They can add a different weight to each personality partial credit. It says partial credit. It doesn't say how much partial credit. They may want a guy who scored mid-range.
    kd44 and SmokeShowing307 like this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Lol anxiety is killing me. I don't remember being even close to as nervous as I am now waiting for my results for NYPD almost a year ago. I'm going to need to stop looking at these forums for a while just like you FD lol
    Last edited by Jukez; 05-21-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Yes I do hear what your saying but we all doubt those who basically bs'ed the personality score for those perfect or near perfect scores will be what they are looking for. Trust me I will be beside myself if they come out and say yes we want the guys who claim to have NEVER told a lie before or that I was punished because I didn't help any coworkers out last month because I am unemployed. I think alot of questions are gonna be used for reference more than anything else.
    kd44 and SmokeShowing307 like this.

Forum Member

Well a friend of mine came out his protest and told me some guy came out tearing. I guess we not in as bad shape as he is???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Well a friend of mine came out his protest and told me some guy came out tearing. I guess we not in as bad shape as he is???
    I guessing not either, they were at least 3 people flipping out at some point during my review session and a handful left within 5 minutes seemingly angry. These are probably not the people on this forum posting 1NC 8PC results.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    tears of joy

Forum Member

I said it before the only way to do good on the personality test was to have lied.. they wont hire liars.. Everyone said to be honest and tell the truth..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeShowing307 View Post
    I said it before the only way to do good on the personality test was to have lied.. they wont hire liars.. Everyone said to be honest and tell the truth..
    You might be right but what would be the purpose in allowing people to protest those questions?? What would be the purpose in even giving us PC or FC credit for them?

I think these will be graded it's just a matter of what formula they going to use in order to do do it.

Forum Member

It was interesting to see another poster note that they saw someone crying at the review. I saw that twice at my review session.

I used the Don McNea prep booklet purchased from the McNea site. The booklet was pretty through in explaining the type of characteristics these exams are looking for. There is good information there if anyone has it. I also had a study guide that PSI produced for LA County Fire in 2007. It had a few example questions and a short paragraph on the personality portion. The LA county guide did note not to think about what "they" were looking for when taking that portion of the exam and it was in the best interest to be honest.

Remember, we have not yet been informed about how the exam will be weighted or scored. There is no final answer key yet. I remember when I got my result for 6019, I think I had 11 or 12 total wrong. But when the list numbers came out, I had a good list number. I'm willing to venture that's how some of you felt as well, with 6019. Anything can happen. The biggest variable in all of this is the judge. He has to review the exam he oversaw as it was created, an exam that is supposed to be non-biased, and approve the exam. Lots can change in the coming months.

Also, remember that the Department has not hired since mid 2008. We are now nearing four years since that time. I would not be surprised if it were to reach five or even six years. My understanding is that OT is high now and that they are concerned about the coming summer months. Although it may not be a huge amount of members, retirements still occur and will continue to. Point is, when hiring does begin again, they will need people. We may have to wait one, two, three or even four years, but it will be well worth it.
    Last edited by Minerva; 01-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Desire4theJob likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone have a clue how many NYC residents took the exam? Thats the only thing im worried about. I scored well, just dont have the residency credit to go along with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Yes I do hear what your saying but we all doubt those who basically bs'ed the personality score for those perfect or near perfect scores will be what they are looking for. Trust me I will be beside myself if they come out and say yes we want the guys who claim to have NEVER told a lie before or that I was punished because I didn't help any coworkers out last month because I am unemployed. I think alot of questions are gonna be used for reference more than anything else.
    I would really be surprised if they scored the exam so the person who made him or herself seem perfect gets the better score. Especially because there were quite a few personality questions related to current work experience, and since all that seems to matter to the judge so far is the statistics of how well minorities do, then it would seem odd to me that they would penalize you for being unemployed when according to the most recent jobs report, the group with the highest unemployment levels in this country is black men in the age range that were eligible to take this test. Just my opinion of course, but if its racist to ask fire specific questions on a firefighter exam because apparently only white people know that information, then i would think the people who agree with the first part of this sentence would also agree that questions that penalize unemployment are discriminatory as well. As i said, I would be surprised if they graded it this way, but this process has been full of surprises so who knows. Well all just have to wait and find out.

Thread Information