Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623631135131013 ... LastLast
Like Tree9399Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Default Residency

Guys if I were you I would read back through the NOTICE OF EXAM. I think you need to provide proof of residency to DCAS following the exam. I thought I read that somewhere. To be safe Im taking my proof to the exam.

Im on the fence to about this prep course. No one know what is on it.
    Last edited by FDNYUSMC; 09-09-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Forum Member

I have a friend who may be a member of the knights of columbus. Im not 100% sure, I know he works for a different event they hold, but i dont know if that means you're a member. Im gonna find out if he is, and if he's heard anything about this prep course. If it is a BS course he'd tell me (even if he is a member).

Forum Member

No luck with my friend. He isn't a member of KOC. Has anyone even heard of any other prep courses being held some where else?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    No luck with my friend. He isn't a member of KOC. Has anyone even heard of any other prep courses being held some where else?
    In the past, hasn't the City (Dept) offered prep classes? i may be totally off but i thought they did. and if they did/do one's best bet would be to take this class, it's given by the department and wont cost you hundreds of dollars. any prep class is going to have pretty much the same information, so why pay half a grand when you can pay almost nothing?

just my $0.02

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PickHead54 View Post
    In the past, hasn't the City (Dept) offered prep classes? i may be totally off but i thought they did. and if they did/do one's best bet would be to take this class, it's given by the department and wont cost you hundreds of dollars. any prep class is going to have pretty much the same information, so why pay half a grand when you can pay almost nothing?

just my $0.02

Any of us considering taking these private courses are absolutely gonna hit up the city's prep courses. That is a given. This is us being completely neurotic...

Forum Member

Out of a staff chiefs mouth: Dont spend a dime on the prep courses offered by outside companies, because they arent going to know whats its going to look like. The company designing the test will open up a website around november for prep purposes.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

Thanks Skyline. That actually pretty much solidifies it for me...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Any of us considering taking these private courses are absolutely gonna hit up the city's prep courses. That is a given. This is us being completely neurotic...
    I signed up for a private test prep and asked them how they knew what to be testing the candidates on. They told me that at this point they don't know yet but in November, when information is released, they would create the test prep material. That would include a video and audio portion, but who knows.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    I signed up for a private test prep and asked them how they knew what to be testing the candidates on. They told me that at this point they don't know yet but in November, when information is released, they would create the test prep material. That would include a video and audio portion, but who knows.
    I was told pretty much the same thing.

I ended up signing up for the test prep classes.

Forum Member

Dammit you guys are killing me lol

Forum Member

right now im less than 50/50 that it will even be worth the money, but for me it's worth the risk. i wouldnt be surprised to see the best tutorial be something the city/psi puts out in order for the FDNY to cover themselves so the vulcans cannot claim if you had $$ to prep you had an advantage.

Forum Member

Default New article

This is the link to the Daily News article about minority candidates being way up to near 50% this time around and there already being over 41K total canditades signed up for the exam.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ment_push.html

Hopefully this means the "judge" won’t hamstring or extend it now that the percentages are double even last exam's numbers. Kind of nauseating seeing Coombs still aloof about the tremendous effort on the FDNY's part in recruiting. "Until there are people of diverse background - black, Hispanic and Asian - working in the FDNY as firefighters, we are not concerned with percentages and numbers," UGH, he will literally NEVER be satisfied but at least there is nothing to gripe about this time with PSI handling the exam and the number where they are.

Notice him throwing “Asians” in there like he could possibly care less about them. Didn’t see them anywhere in the lawsuit.

Anyway, hope to see you guys in January.
    Last edited by River6019; 09-14-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Forum Member

How much different can this exam be than the last one? ....and that's a dead serious question FYI

Forum Member

Cant imagine it'll be very different at all, but at least the FDNY has its ***** covered on this exam like never before. Anything from here on in has to be blamed on the dept of education.

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    How much different can this exam be than the last one? ....and that's a dead serious question FYI
    It can be VERY different. It may be 100% personality questions.......It may be 100% reading comprehension......there may be math and physics.......I once took a test with some pretty legit calculus on it.....could be a combination of all these things.......

Honestly, we won't know till the city releases the study-guide.
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    It can be VERY different. It may be 100% personality questions.......It may be 100% reading comprehension......there may be math and physics.......I once took a test with some pretty legit calculus on it.....could be a combination of all these things.......

Honestly, we won't know till the city releases the study-guide.
    LOL If there's a physics and/or calculus question on this puppy, drinks are on ME! Yeah I agree with you though that nobody has any idea until a study guide is published.

Forum Member

They just said on the Join FDNY facebook page that they are extending the deadline to Monday at midnight. Here we Go!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFF View Post
    They just said on the Join FDNY facebook page that they are extending the deadline to Monday at midnight. Here we Go!
    Guess they still got a few Churches and chapels on the list to hold "recruitment centers" outside of

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I guarantee you that they're going to extend it. Mark my words...

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFF View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Deadline was extended because the City wrote that they wanted to recruit at additional events especially Sunday's African American Day Parade.

Breakdown for this exam as of yesterday: 21.4% black, 22.8% hispanic, and 6.7% female.

Thread Information