Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 131 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 31811211281291301311321331341411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 24147
Like Tree9401Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I have not been able, either. I also looked around to see if there was any info on how they weighted things on the test. No luck. PSI keeps things pretty close to the chest, which I like.
    According to a person I spoke to at DCAS, how the test is weighted will be determined by the city, not PSI.

Forum Member

I'm just curious to see how competitive this test is going to be. I believe there's over 12,000 more test takers than 6019. If 103.8 was the lowest for the first class of 6019 105 might be the lowest for this one lol. I'm 99 percent sure Fdny EMS will have the whole first class but hopefully things will get moving for us on the open competitive for the second class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    According to a person I spoke to at DCAS, how the test is weighted will be determined by the city, not PSI.
    Yeah, that makes sense, especially with this fact sheet on the "work orientation" section. Take a look at the last paragraph.

http://corporate.psionline.com/pdfs/WOS-FFactSheet.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense, especially with this fact sheet on the "work orientation" section. Take a look at the last paragraph.

http://corporate.psionline.com/pdfs/WOS-FFactSheet.pdf
    Looks like a pretty solid confirmation. I was somewhat skeptical since I've gotten some really bad info from DCAS in the past, lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I'm just curious to see how competitive this test is going to be. I believe there's over 12,000 more test takers than 6019. If 103.8 was the lowest for the first class of 6019 105 might be the lowest for this one lol. I'm 99 percent sure Fdny EMS will have the whole first class but hopefully things will get moving for us on the open competitive for the second class.
    The entire first class won't be EMS. It will be a lot of EMS but they can't decimate the EMS ranks either. To get into the FDNY thru the EMS does give you an advantage but this whole the first two classes will be all EMS is severely overstated IMO. They can't decimate the EMS ranks and lot of guys won't be able to pass one of the next steps just like a lot of not going to the EMS way will fail.

Forum Member

Never said 2 classes. All I know is that Ems has over 300 eligible for promotion as of right now ( not saying that all of them will pass all parts of the process) and by the time they start hiring there's going to be a lot more. And those numbers are facts not just me making **** up. Maybe one of the FDNY ems forum members can confirm this for us.

Forum Member

Never said 2 classes. All I know is that Ems has over 300 eligible for promotion as of right now ( not saying that all of them will pass all parts of the process) and by the time they start hiring there's going to be a lot more. And those numbers are facts not just me making **** up. Maybe one of the FDNY ems forum members can confirm this for us.
    Never said you were making **** up. I heard between 700-800 EMS took the promotional exam. I'm just tired of everyone saying you won't get on this job if you're not EMS or have military points, **** is ****ing aggravating because if that's the case whats the point of taking the exam ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Never said you were making **** up. I heard between 700-800 EMS took the promotional exam. I'm just tired of everyone saying you won't get on this job if you're not EMS or have military points, **** is ****ing aggravating because if that's the case whats the point of taking the exam ?
    Lol I know what you mean. But trust me only the first class if anything will be EMS, after that they won't have the man power to let go not even 150 , that I'm positive of.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    for me any question that you had to type an answer was ungraded.(on personality). just a quick question, i know i shouldnt be to nervous yet cuz it hasnt been graded i got 2nc and 9pc you think that with my vet and resident that will put me in a decent postiton?
    If someone has access to it as I'm on my phone, the PDF that DCAS released stated that you would only receive one or the other and not a full ten between the two. I believe outside of the "legacy" credits, no one will get 10 points added just 5.

Forum Member

I am not writing this to put my laundry out there, I just want some opinions. When I went to the review session, I had 1 NC and 27 PC. I will receive 10 points total for residency and veteran status. Is this cause for alarm? In my last post I was championing for a protest, understand that was after some Marine Corps therapy, for those of you who are familiar. I'm kind of worried and the 27 PC kind of freaked me out. I answered the questions completely honestly, I don't receive complements at work because I'm a full-time student, I work out about 10 hours a week, not 20. These are the types of questions that are going to lessen my chances, come on now. Do you guys think that my extra points will be enough?

Forum Member

Lol I know what you mean. But trust me only the first class if anything will be EMS, after that they won't have the man power to let go not even 150 , that I'm positive of.
    Your speculating here as if that were the case, the last class before the current hiring freeze would of also been only full of EMS and not a assortment of each group as you could imagine.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    If someone has access to it as I'm on my phone, the PDF that DCAS released stated that you would only receive one or the other and not a full ten between the two. I believe outside of the "legacy" credits, no one will get 10 points added just 5.

Are you referring to the NOE? If so, I don't see anything that states this.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...1202000000.pdf

Forum Member

"If someone has access to it as I'm on my phone, the PDF that DCAS released stated that you would only receive one or the other and not a full ten between the two. I believe outside of the "legacy" credits, no one will get 10 points added just 5." - DJ_Reverse

Not true, call Mrs. Ammons at DCAS, she is the veteran's liaison. Her number is 212.669.7280. The point breakdown is as follows:

NYC Residency - 5 Points
    Veteran - 5 Points
    Disabled Veteran - 10 Points
    Legacy Credit - 10 Points

All of which can be combined to achieve a hypothetical 125 on the exam, you can't combine Vet and Dis. Vet. Those are the only stipulations. However, I don't know how inclined I would be to claim "disabled" on a job that is already looking for any and all reasons to not hire. It's not discrimination if they can tie a disability to the idea of not being able to perform.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Your speculating here as if that were the case, the last class before the current hiring freeze would of also been only full of EMS and not a assortment of each group as you could imagine.
    Remember there was no 4 year hiring freeze before that though. EMS been hiring for the past 4 years, that's head counts acummulating since the freeze. Trust me I would hope to God it wasn't like this because it would better my chances at the job. I guess we would just have to wait and see how things go when the list actually is out.

Forum Member

Remember there was no 4 year hiring freeze before that though. EMS been hiring for the past 4 years, that's head counts acummulating since the freeze. Trust me I would hope to God it wasn't like this because it would better my chances at the job. I guess we would just have to wait and see how things go when the list actually is out.
    They also have an incredibly high turnover rate because of the stress involved with the job.

Guys,
    Stop freaking out. Stop rationalizing. Stop trying to figure out if x FC and y PC + z EC will put you in ANY kind of range of the list.
    IT HASN'T BEEN GRADED YET.
    There is no way to even know where you fall just yet.
    I still say there will be very few if any 100's on this test based on the whole personality portion.
    I've been watching you all throw out your theories on how it will be graded and honestly, it's like watching monkeys frak a football, or herding cats. You choose the analogy :P

Take a deep breath. Step back from the forums. Get outside.
    And if you're free June 5th, come to the meeting.

Hang tough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Take a deep breath. Step back from the forums.

Hang tough.
    What the hell am I supposed to do at work then ? lol
    vekdoggs75 and Jukez like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    What the hell am I supposed to do at work then ? lol
    Work??? Nahhhhhh reading forums is way better. Lol

Forum Member

With the EMS speculation, I'll try and get a better answer digging into the 6019 thread because it was like 5 years ago and my memory is fuzzy. But wasn't it only like 80 out of the first class of 280 were EMS? I remember people freaking out about it last time too and it really not being a huge dent.

Forum Member

How will the know what theyve decided to throw out? Will we eventually get a copy of our answer key?

Thread Information