Like Tree10629Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Yea, I've been away for a while. If anyone has the info it'd be greatly appreciated. And Brooklynborn, I think you should be more than fine with your residency points if you only had 4 wrongs on the test.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Oh baby Jesus heard my prayers! Lol. I hope those 8 PCs don't end me up in list #10000 lol. I aced the first 4 and I have residency, should I worry much?

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

But on past exams, usually how would they score it? On the 6019 exam was certain questions worth a whole point or half point?
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Oh baby Jesus heard my prayers! Lol. I hope those 8 PCs don't end me up in list #10000 lol. I aced the first 4 and I have residency, should I worry much?
    Dude, you should be golden. As for 6019, it's been so long that I don't really remember. But some were partial while others were whole. Maybe a fellow 6019'er could chime in.

Forum Member

you are right. the SD, D, N , A, SA questions were 1/3rd pt.

8x on 6019

Forum Member

6019 were a mixture of everything man. I remember the first five questions were memory based and were each worth 1 point. For the rest it was like 1/3, 1/5 etc. exam 2000 is totally different I assume, I really doubt they have question worth 1 point.

Forum Member

I hope your right man, if questions are worth a full point on this exam then I'm pretty much screwed out of the game early.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

6019 were a mixture of everything man. I remember the first five questions were memory based and were each worth 1 point. For the rest it was like 1/3, 1/5 etc. exam 2000 is totally different I assume, I really doubt they have question worth 1 point.
    I bet your right. I'm sure its going to be alot of partial credit questions

Forum Member

I hope you guys are right. If anyone has the breakdown, please kindly post it here. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I hope your right man, if questions are worth a full point on this exam then I'm pretty much screwed out of the game early.
    I can almost assure you there won't be any questions worth one point. And just keep in mind that some questions may be taken out bro. You may think you have a good amount wrong come see is only a few because a lot of people protested it. Trust me it happened to me in exam 6019, I thought I was done and end it up in mod 1,000's . Just keep your hopes up man.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    I can almost assure you there won't be any questions worth one point. And just keep in mind that some questions may be taken out bro. You may think you have a good amount wrong come see is only a few because a lot of people protested it. Trust me it happened to me in exam 6019, I thought I was done and end it up in mod 1,000's . Just keep your hopes up man.

Forum Member

From the city's official release:

What All This Means for Test Takers:
    ␣ The City anticipates publishing the test results for the promotional and open competitive exams around Oct. 3rd.
    ␣ Test results will be mailed to candidates following the publication of the results. Given the number of candidates who took the open competitive exam, it may take a week or two to complete the mailing to them.

What does this mean? Will there be an official list we can see online some where before we are mailed our results? Or does "publishing" mean establishing and they'll have the list but we won't know where we stand until we get the letter?

Forum Member

I guess we will all find out in two weeks from the third of oct. good luck guys, a lot of you guys went through hell the last time, I'm sure you will all excel this time around. Hang tough everyone this is going to be the craziest ride of our lives. Just keep in mind what crazy Pete said in the brotherhood video.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    From the city's official release:

What All This Means for Test Takers:
    ␣ The City anticipates publishing the test results for the promotional and open competitive exams around Oct. 3rd.
    ␣ Test results will be mailed to candidates following the publication of the results. Given the number of candidates who took the open competitive exam, it may take a week or two to complete the mailing to them.

What does this mean? Will there be an official list we can see online some where before we are mailed our results? Or does "publishing" mean establishing and they'll have the list but we won't know where we stand until we get the letter?
    I was actually wondering the same thing. Would be kind of nice if we were just able to go on the DCAS or PSI page and see our results. All I know is that I will be sweating the day I get that mail from dcas. Probably wont even want to open it and have someone else do it for me haha

Forum Member

I was actually wondering the same thing. Would be kind of nice if we were just able to go on the DCAS or PSI page and see our results. All I know is that I will be sweating the day I get that mail from dcas. Probably wont even want to open it and have someone else do it for me haha

I just told my wife the same damn thing man haha. It's good to see that no matter what we feel we are never alone.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

I was with my wife..Saw it first on facebook..I kept scanning back on this site for about 3 hours before I told her...needed to let it sink in, this is real.

Do you think they will send out the mail notifications by rank? like if I see it in my mailbox on the 5th or 9th-ish should I immediately do the happy dance?

Really nervous...really..really nervous. Good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    I was with my wife..Saw it first on facebook..I kept scanning back on this site for about 3 hours before I told her...needed to let it sink in, this is real.

Do you think they will send out the mail notifications by rank? like if I see it in my mailbox on the 5th or 9th-ish should I immediately do the happy dance?

Really nervous...really..really nervous. Good luck to everyone.
    The scores they usually send out all at once. But the appointment letters to start the process come in by list number order

Forum Member

Just read something on the joinfdny Facebook page that had me laughing for a bit. " of the 41,358 who took the exam, 40,426 passed." How that F$#k do you fail this test.... And to top it off. It was nearly a thousand of them!!! Lord have mercy on their souls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYorDIETRYIN View Post
    Your best bet was MTAPD. They just had filing for their new exam. All I ever see them do in Penn station is either stand around the LIRR and drink coffee, or sit around the 6th ave entrance and text. Not very exciting at all, but the paycheck and pension are stacked. Maybe consider going through ems or becoming a medic.
    I am still working and hoping For FDNY, took a PD test but won't be happy with out FD. You just. Caught me in a moment of curiousity after I had a convo with some one at FD.

Forum Member

Just read something on the joinfdny Facebook page that had me laughing for a bit. " of the 41,358 who took the exam, 40,426 passed." How that F$#k do you fail this test.... And to top it off. It was nearly a thousand of them!!! Lord have mercy on their souls.
    And what sucks more is that the guys that do get hired off this list will have a tarnish on their record that will never leave them, a test that may not have actually measured ability to learn!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Yea, I've been away for a while. If anyone has the info it'd be greatly appreciated. And Brooklynborn, I think you should be more than fine with your residency points if you only had 4 wrongs on the test.
    Well I did also get around 15 PC on psych. Thanks for the info everyone, sorry to hog up so much attention. See you people oct 1st.

A quick question about how the cpat factors in. Lets say some one has a higher score on the written by like 1-2 points, but they fail the cpat the first time and I pass, do I get to go into the academy before them? Or do I have to wait for their chances to run out.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 09-28-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    And what sucks more is that the guys that do get hired off this list will have a tarnish on their record that will never leave them, a test that may not have actually measured ability to learn!
    I know what you mean, but at this point some type of movement is better than nothing. I'm sure a lot of people who are not even interested in the job will get hired unfourtunatly but nothing we can do here except hope our "personality" is good enough to get hired and if we do show out in the field that we did deserve to be there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Well I did also get around 15 PC on psych. Thanks for the info everyone, sorry to hog up so much attention. See you people oct 1st.

A quick question about how the cpat factors in. Lets say some one has a higher score on the written by like 1-2 points, but they fail the cpat the first time and I pass, do I get to go into the academy before them? Or do I have to wait for their chances to run out.
    There's 2 "practice tries" then there's the Final. If you pass the first practice your done, the step after that is so long that the person can pass his second try and be at the same level as you regardless.

Forum Member

Does anyone know or have an idea on how residency will be applied to the results they plan to release around Oct 3rd? I filed for residency while taking the exam but was under the impression we had to submit proof before receiving those points. Will they be applying it then during investigation verifying your proof?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSRNYC View Post
    Does anyone know or have an idea on how residency will be applied to the results they plan to release around Oct 3rd? I filed for residency while taking the exam but was under the impression we had to submit proof before receiving those points. Will they be applying it then during investigation verifying your proof?

I remember the recruitment center telling me that the extra points will be added to the test before you get a score/list number. At the time of appointment you have to prove your extra points in order to keep it. Now if you fail to prove it, then they assign you a new list number based on your score at that time. I don't know if this changed, I hope not for my own sake.
    CSRNYC likes this.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Thread Information