Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 1023 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 20448
Like Tree7763Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

The word on the Facebook page Join Fdny is that only 871 people took the promotional exam, that's kind of good news since I was hearing about 5000 signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    The word on the Facebook page Join Fdny is that only 871 people took the promotional exam, that's kind of good news since I was hearing about 5000 signed up.
    That would be something considering there are only approximately 3300 EMS EMT's and medics.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    Yeah me to I got 15 pc! What about you brooklynborn?
    What about me? are you asking how Many I got wrong? 16 PC and I have residency, but things are looking pretty bad I guess.

Thanks minerva for the answer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What about me? are you asking how Many I got wrong? 16 PC and I have residency, but things are looking pretty bad I guess.
    We still don't know how their going to grade the exam, so theirs no point getting down on yourself or stressed out about it. We'll have to wait until they send out list numbers, because thats all that really matters.

Forum Member

thanks, Just saying I know thats not a great score before some one negative feels intitled to point it out.

check out this model at the rock if you are bored. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNN6z...eature=fvwbrel
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 05-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    thanks, Just saying I know thats not a great score before some one negative feels intitled to point it out.
    That's just it. Even those negative people don't know how it will be scored. Your 16 PCs may fall into the perfect range. Ranges are where my money is being placed. Those FCs are deceptive. Be easy. You can't control anything until the list numbers are released. It might come out and you're at the the number one spot for competitive exam. Just stay healthy and keep your nose clean.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Wow this thread lost its momentum real quick. The last 20 pages look exactly the same. Everyones focused on FC and PC. This got so dull. I'll be back in a year when scores are sent out.
    Later everyone

Forum Member

NEW EMAIL FROM FDNY
    Dear Firefighter Applicant,

Come join us Thursday, May 24th at FDNY Headquarters from 11am-2pm for the EMS community health fair. Donate blood, witness the EMS competition, and talk to FDNY members about the best job in the world!

This event is free and we encourage you all to stop by and say hi to the FDNY Recruitment and Diversity Unit when you arrive.

Thanks! Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Salvatore J. Cassano
    Fire Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Wow this thread lost its momentum real quick. The last 20 pages look exactly the same. Everyones focused on FC and PC. This got so dull. I'll be back in a year when scores are sent out.
    Later everyone

See ya sh*tbird. Dont let the door hit you in the *ss on the way out.
    CableGuy516 likes this.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Hey guys i got a question, hopefully someone will have and answer. When i applied to take the test I did not put in my vet status because i couldnt find my paperwork and didnt want them to think i was lying. But scince then i have found my DD-214 and was just wondering if i could call anyone to have the % points added to my score? anyone know if i can or not or who i can call?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Hey guys i got a question, hopefully someone will have and answer. When i applied to take the test I did not put in my vet status because i couldnt find my paperwork and didnt want them to think i was lying. But scince then i have found my DD-214 and was just wondering if i could call anyone to have the % points added to my score? anyone know if i can or not or who i can call?
    If you look back through this forum you'll find the phone number for the woman who is the Military Liaison - she'll be able to help you. If you can't find it, contact the person on the JoinFDNY Facebook or Twitter page and they'll put you in touch.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is amazing to see how people are trying to rationalize their own scores to make it better.. The only way to know is to wait it out. Why would they give you full credit for an answer but consider that a bad thing? It makes no sense. But then again this whole process is ridiculous and who knows what they will do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    If you look back through this forum you'll find the phone number for the woman who is the Military Liaison - she'll be able to help you. If you can't find it, contact the person on the JoinFDNY Facebook or Twitter page and they'll put you in touch.

Thanks alot, was a huge help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY2000 View Post
    "If someone has access to it as I'm on my phone, the PDF that DCAS released stated that you would only receive one or the other and not a full ten between the two. I believe outside of the "legacy" credits, no one will get 10 points added just 5." - DJ_Reverse

Not true, call Mrs. Ammons at DCAS, she is the veteran's liaison. Her number is 212.669.7280. The point breakdown is as follows:

NYC Residency - 5 Points
    Veteran - 5 Points
    Disabled Veteran - 10 Points
    Legacy Credit - 10 Points

All of which can be combined to achieve a hypothetical 125 on the exam, you can't combine Vet and Dis. Vet. Those are the only stipulations. However, I don't know how inclined I would be to claim "disabled" on a job that is already looking for any and all reasons to not hire. It's not discrimination if they can tie a disability to the idea of not being able to perform.
    Here you go

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styk97 View Post
    It is amazing to see how people are trying to rationalize their own scores to make it better.. The only way to know is to wait it out. Why would they give you full credit for an answer but consider that a bad thing? It makes no sense. But then again this whole process is ridiculous and who knows what they will do.
    I don't want to get into the thousands of personality tests that exist in human resources but research the Likert Scale. You'll see that different amounts of points can be assigned to different answers. From this, ranges can be developed. Yes, there was a full credit available but receiving maxium credit may not be a good thing if FDNY is looking for something else. These folks are not rationalizing. They're worried. If after the list numbers are established they are saying the same stuff, then they are rationalizing.

Forum Member

Hey all,
    I've written up a running schedule and attached it here as a .pdf file. It's 28 weeks from start to finish, which I realize is a pretty long time. The idea is to get a person who has never run before, or at least not in a very long time, ready to handle any running they might throw at him during the academy. I chose a longer schedule because it's better to err on the side of caution when increasing your mileage and workout intensity rather than rush into it and get hurt. If any of you get lucky and end up looking at an academy starting in less time than this, I'll work with you to put together a more rapid progression.

For those of you who are already running regularly, this schedule can absolutely be started at week 11, or further on, just pick a week that has a similar amount of mileage to what you've already been doing.

After 20 weeks, I put in 8 weeks of interval and uptempo running to get you from generally fit running to the point that you're developing explosive strength and a big anaerobic running output. This is generally a transition from basic cardio fitness to the "legs and lungs" they'll want you to have at the rock. You'll be ready to crush the stepmill, and any hills, plyos, or wind sprints they have us doing at the rock.

Just a disclaimer, this is meant to be helpful to anyone who's looking for some structure. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do or discount anyone else's training. If you guys have any questions, comments, concerns, fire away on here or PM me.

Also, if people want to try to organize a running group once or twice a week, I usually run in central park.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Member

great work, rpnyc, it is much appreciated. I'm sure almost all of us can learn a thing or two from this schedule.

one Q I had though, if you are not currently doing any sort of running, should you jump right in and attempt 2 mile runs?

Forum Member

There is a running plan that the FDNY gave out last time around. I found it on the 6019 thread. Ive never done it so i can't say if it good or not, but here it is for anyone whose interested.
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t97154-119/ (Fdny List 6019)

Forum Member

I would think two miles is ok for a beginner

Forum Member

That Ad on hot97 and 105.1 makes me fckin SICK................Gaurafis and the Vulcans should be ashamed at themselves for that.....

ITs just like saying...........

Hey If your black or hispanic and your a total idiot who took the 99 and 03 fdny exams,,,,,then your entitled to a large sum of money....I wonder what people with a real head on their shoulders think when they hear about that...

..disgusting

Thread Information