Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 3484124131132133134135136137144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 20360
Like Tree7732Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    That Ad on hot97 and 105.1 makes me fckin SICK................Gaurafis and the Vulcans should be ashamed at themselves for that.....

ITs just like saying...........

Hey If your black or hispanic and your a total idiot who took the 99 and 03 fdny exams,,,,,then your entitled to a large sum of money....I wonder what people with a real head on their shoulders think when they hear about that...

..disgusting
    I second this. That commercial is nauseating.
    DC33017 and vekdoggs75 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Here you go
    Thanks so much, was a huge help. Good luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    That Ad on hot97 and 105.1 makes me fckin SICK................Gaurafis and the Vulcans should be ashamed at themselves for that.....

ITs just like saying...........

Hey If your black or hispanic and your a total idiot who took the 99 and 03 fdny exams,,,,,then your entitled to a large sum of money....I wonder what people with a real head on their shoulders think when they hear about that...

..disgusting
    I bet most people interpet it as the test was graded by a group of white people.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Link or gist of the ad? Since I don't listen to either.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Anybody going to the June 5th Merit Matters meeting? I'm thinking about going but I have never been to any previous meetings and don't really know what to expect.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch276 View Post
    Thanks so much, was a huge help. Good luck!
    And to you!
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSRNYC View Post
    Anybody going to the June 5th Merit Matters meeting? I'm thinking about going but I have never been to any previous meetings and don't really know what to expect.
    Just so you know, Merit Matters is in attendance, but it is the Exam 2000's Candidate Support Group's meetings. Meaning it is OUR meeting.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I found this link very interesting. Maybe you guys can share your thoughts on it.

Questions and Answers about Municipal Civil Service Examinations » Job Seekers » Department of Civil Service

Btw, according to someone in the recruitment center, their trying to put out our scores by August or sometime in September. So, keep checking your mail During those months. Keep training, keep sharp and stay positive everyone, Goodluck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    I found this link very interesting. Maybe you guys can share your thoughts on it.

Questions and Answers about Municipal Civil Service Examinations » Job Seekers » Department of Civil Service
    After reading the first paragraph of that page I had to stop and chuckle because I added my own caveat at the end:

"In New York State, competitive civil service examinations provide a way to ensure that appointments to municipal public service jobs are based on merit and fitness. Those people who are interested in public service employment must demonstrate that they have the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to do a particular job by taking a civil service examination." EXCEPT WHEN THE USDOJ IS INVOLVED.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    After reading the first paragraph of that page I had to stop and chuckle because I added my own caveat at the end:

"In New York State, competitive civil service examinations provide a way to ensure that appointments to municipal public service jobs are based on merit and fitness. Those people who are interested in public service employment must demonstrate that they have the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to do a particular job by taking a civil service examination." EXCEPT WHEN THE USDOJ IS INVOLVED.
    I was leaning more toward the way these exams are graded by using some type of band scoring system. Now personally it would make sense as far as the personality questions we had on the exam goes. I don't think they are going to go by a point by point system on this. I also remember the Convo I had with the recruitment center and I was told that this state is one of the last states to adapt this form of testing. So, as I looked around and noticed that almost every other state uses the band scoring system. In a way that's a good thing, especially for those who have a lot of partial credit on the personality section of the exam. Just my opinion, but I believe the band scoring system is the way to go on those types of questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    I was leaning more toward the way these exams are graded by using some type of band scoring system. Now personally it would make sense as far as the personality questions we had on the exam goes. I don't think they are going to go by a point by point system on this. I also remember the Convo I had with the recruitment center and I was told that this state is one of the last states to adapt this form of testing. So, as I looked around and noticed that almost every other state uses the band scoring system. In a way that's a good thing, especially for those who have a lot of partial credit on the personality section of the exam. Just my opinion, but I believe the band scoring system is the way to go on those types of questions.
    The band scoring system is in place in certain parts of the state due to the very same issues the FDNY and DCAS has faced on this test, that those who are in the minority are not hired due to some sort of "conspiracy" that forces them out of the job.

I know it gives you hope Skav, but the reality is that we want the "best" people for the job while politicans, lawyers, and others just want a position to return to, a case to win, a legacy to be written without giving a speckle to the interest of the "greater good".

But, I do want to wish our veterans who have gone before us, both home and abroad, service members and public safety employees, a Happy Memorial Day!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey all Hope the holiday weekend was good for everyone. Thanks to all our veterans and current soldiers on this memorial day.

Also want to thank those who help calm my nerves about the Hydra verter test. I know my wife appreciated it. Was able to attack a huge section of the honey do list. ahaha

Forum Member

Forum Member

How does band scoring work ? Would like grades 95-100 essentially all be the same score and then they have some sought of tie breaker like our social security number ?
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 05-29-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RustyFF View Post
    That's a ****ing shame.
    SmokeShowing307 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

This makes me Sick!
    SmokeShowing307 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTRECRUIT View Post
    This makes me Sick!
    So the same stuff that happened in Chicago a year or 2 ago is going to happen here?

How can they grant seniority to them if they get hired right now as opposed to the firefighters who have been on the job for 10 years?

This can't be real. lol

Forum Member

but in all honesty...If they get "consideration for employment" they still need to go through the process, as well as file the paperwork and file it properly and follow through with it. (which in all honesty..how many do you really think will?) just saying..

It's aggravating but if you think logical and realistically it isn't that bad.

Forum Member

Can you imagine what the other firemen that have been otj and busting their asses for the last 10 yrs. are going to think of someone who walks in and on day one would have seniority over them and be at top pay! WTF! Did my review, 0 wrong in first part, 8pc on last part, no extra credits. Do I still have a shot? Is the dream still alive?

Forum Member

Like I said, NAUSEATING!!!!!

Thread Information