Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 135 of 1169 FirstFirst ... 35851251321331341351361371381451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 23379
Like Tree9149Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Just filled out another civil service application, same questions as our background information survey, except, they weren't graded, it was just a questionnaire...guess this is the direction everyone is going...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnytolife4130 View Post
    I found this link very interesting. Maybe you guys can share your thoughts on it.

Questions and Answers about Municipal Civil Service Examinations Ľ Job Seekers Ľ Department of Civil Service

Btw, according to someone in the recruitment center, their trying to put out our scores by August or sometime in September. So, keep checking your mail During those months. Keep training, keep sharp and stay positive everyone, Goodluck.
    This is very interesting and i understand their point. Just because I got a reading comprehension question wrong won't necessarily make me a bad firefighter. A three point band like they used in their example is much more narrow than what Philly did. None the less, I don't know if it would help or hurt us. It seems like it might be good for the people who didn't ace the exam and hurt the people who did. I agree with DJ though - the whole reason banding exists is to help boost the scores of people who didn't do as well. And lots of tie scores aren't good for anyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by profeshffd View Post
    can you imagine what the other firemen that have been otj and busting their asses for the last 10 yrs. Are going to think of someone who walks in and on day one would have seniority over them and be at top pay! Wtf! Did my review, 0 wrong in first part, 8pc on last part, no extra credits. Do i still have a shot? is the dream still alive?
    Effing-eh right it is!!!!!
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 05-29-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

I like the part about compensatory damages for the lost enjoyment and job satisfaction of working as an FDNY firefighter.

Is this real life?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I like the part about compensatory damages for the lost enjoyment and job satisfaction of working as an FDNY firefighter.

Is this real life?
    You didn't see "FUN" as the one of the benefits on the job website? It's right below flexible work schedule....SMH

Forum Member

The ruling (by Garufis) to hire and reward a bunch of people too dumb to pass a basic test from almost 15 years ago is disgusting and should have never gotten this far in a civilized society, but the city is appealing it. So, there is a great chance that when someone with a half a brain cell in the second court of appeals gets the case out of Judge Garufis' hands the whole decision will be overturned.

It is totally absurd though. "Hey, guy who's been doing God knows what for the last 15 years! We are gonna pay you and retroactively promote you for a job you might have had in an alternate universe where you weren't too lazy to study for a 3 hour test an 8th grader could ace. No don't worry the money comes from tax payers who's lives will be in danger once you are a firefighter!"
    MFES, DC33017, vekdoggs75 and 2 others like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    The ruling (by Garufis) to hire and reward a bunch of people too dumb to pass a basic test from almost 15 years ago is disgusting and should have never gotten this far in a civilized society, but the city is appealing it. So, there is a great chance that when someone with a half a brain cell in the second court of appeals gets the case out of Judge Garufis' hands the whole decision will be overturned.

It is totally absurd though. "Hey, guy who's been doing God knows what for the last 15 years! We are gonna pay you and retroactively promote you for a job you might have had in an alternate universe where you weren't too lazy to study for a 3 hour test an 8th grader could ace. No don't worry the money comes from tax payers who's lives will be in danger once you are a firefighter!"
    Nail...meet...Head

Well done description. I just feel like every time I hear news in this case, I should have someone walk up to me, punch me in the sack, and say "You're white therefore your civil rights can be violated nowadays." I'm assuming this will be brought up at that June 5th meeting? How every single civil servant isn't losing their minds about this crap is an utter joke.

Forum Member

Hey Garaufis, answer me this: will you make these "retroactive" hires give back the wages they have been paid for the past 13 years? Whether they were working or on government benefits, they wouldn't have gotten that compensation if they were city employees at the time. The DOJ must think it's okay for someone to receive 2 salaries or welfare/unemployment AND a salary for the same period of time. Isn't it illegal to collect unemployment and get a salary?

Also, I think I should be compensated cause I don't have fun at my job and I could if I was a FDNY firefighter!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Is today the last day of the protest reviews ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Is today the last day of the protest reviews ?
    Yea, believe so. Now the real "fun" begins.

Forum Member

The guys that took the 6019 exam, how long did it take for you find out if your question protest were accepted ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The guys that took the 6019 exam, how long did it take for you find out if your question protest were accepted ?
    Long time ago, but you wont find out till you get your final scored answer key and list number. I believe it took about 7-8 months. Who knows what this one will take. Might be shorter because they need fire fighters, might be longer because of all the insanity and the number of people who took it.

Anyone know if FDNY is NFPA complaint? Or if they just follow there own standard?
    RIP Hela

"You have to do better then your best."
    BUD's instuctor Class 234

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live."
    Martin Luther King, Jr

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Long time ago, but you wont find out till you get your final scored answer key and list number. I believe it took about 7-8 months. Who knows what this one will take. Might be shorter because they need fire fighters, might be longer because of all the insanity and the number of people who took it.
    I would assume longer because of the Court approval process. Just because it was on a computer doesn't make me think this **** will be any quicker. It's not like the last exam was hand graded or anything ya know. The Court having to actually appear and decide this **** after they determine the results will definitely be a long time. Oh and Garaufis can suck it....
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tipys View Post
    Anyone know if FDNY is NFPA complaint? Or if they just follow there own standard?
    I'm pretty sure FDNY does their own thing..most fire depts test to NFPA 1001 FFI/II but FDNY trains their own way. Someone on the job can probably answer a little more in depth then I can though.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard of any UFA protests over this claims garbage? Spoke to a couple knucklehead guys on the job who honestly have no idea this is going on. I can't believe they don't get involved in this somehow.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Has anyone heard of any UFA protests over this claims garbage? Spoke to a couple knucklehead guys on the job who honestly have no idea this is going on. I can't believe they don't get involved in this somehow.
    I do not expect them to comment. The job of the union is to protect current firefighters and ensure they raise the number of firefighters on the job. They really dont associate themselves with canidates since they are not in the union yet. Out of all this, I believe the union is only annoyed that there are not classes going in to replenish the department.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    I do not expect them to comment. The job of the union is to protect current firefighters and ensure they raise the number of firefighters on the job. They really dont associate themselves with canidates since they are not in the union yet. Out of all this, I believe the union is only annoyed that there are not classes going in to replenish the department.
    Well part of that DOJ claims process is involving guys getting retro pay and seniority because the 65 they scored on the written was due to racism of course, and not the fact they're retarded. That has EVERYTHING to do with guys currently on the job. So far I haven't heard a thing so that's why I'm asking here.

Forum Member

Everyone keeps saying the minimum you will need to be even considered for this past test is 100 minimum.. But the thing is as we all know with this last test, they are grading the "character" portion of the test with NC and PC, not many people are going to be getting 105 - 100s on the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=bensonhurstlovesme;13301 30]hey guys since i see were on topic here i actually have a question.
    my Sh** has been floating lately, i think because i am eating a high fat diet. now the problem i have is i am also eating high fiber which causes my stool to be a bit dry and feels like it is scratching my rectum on the way out. the answer to this is to drink alot of water, which i have been.
    my question is should my poops float or sink. like i mentioned about i know that my chit floating means that too much fat in my diet. should it be half up half down.
    dont know. [

ROFLMAO

but if you're serious

What Your Poop and Pee Are Telling You About Your Body
    Last edited by zachryw2001; 05-31-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Thread Information