No, its a cardigan, but thanks for asking
sorry I'm late
Nothing to do with the FDNY but 8020 games in we finally got our first no hitter, Johan is the man
lol...F**Kin classic!! Killer boots man!
Tic Tac Sir?
Get the hell outta here!
Anyone running the Spartan Race tomorrow?
To all the Legal Eagles who follow this thread and have been giving us some great info both on Exam 2000 and 6019, have any of you seen any indication of when the court will review the exam results. Since the results will not be made public until they are reviewed it would give us an indication of time frame. I did a quick google search and found nothing about the review timeline.
Btw, FDNY is planning to have a class (promo list) by this January don't know how quick this would be but, that's what I was told at the recruitment center. Good luck everyone.
[QUOTE=Fdnytolife4130;1330363]I spoke to a reliable source and they indicated that we will see our scores and list number by sometime in September/October. As of this moment FDNY is trying to put together the promo list. The judge has to approve this test no matter what because of the low head count. In my previous post I said August/September so, my guess is anywhere between aug-oct. Be prepared to recieve letters in between those months.
Btw, FDNY is planning to have a class (promo list) by this January don't know how quick this would be but, that's what I was told at the recruitment center. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE
So there's. Nobody but promos in the first class
That being said, it stirs up a lot of bad feelings. It stirs up emotions. Emotions are a large part of rumors. See where I'm going with this? If your souce isn't the judge or the Mayor, don't repeat it.
"Bad information is worse than no information"
Oh and because I know I'll be too bitter to say so when the final numbers come out, good luck to you all! There are a lot of good candidates here.
The promo list WILL be exhausted before open comp gets put into a class. Call the recruitment and diversity center to verify that info, they will tell you the same thing. All I'm saying is keep a look out for some mail from the FDNY during aug-oct just in case they are correct that's all.
1) The judge does not have to do anything, regardless of the headcount.
2) Yes, recruitment has and will tell you that promotionals will be hired first. To my knowledge, since there has been a promotional exam, they were to be hired before any other candidates. However, that generally has not happened. I wouldn't get worked up, even if actually happens. And to note, either way, whether promotionals are all first or dispersed throughout the classes, they all will be hired regardless, should they make it through the process.
3) The list hasn't even been approved yet. No one knows what is going happen, at this point, with anything to do with hiring. The judge remains in control and thus, is the wild card. Many of us should be on the job today. However, we are not. Anything can and will happen, at any time. Until you report to Randall's Island and get sworn in, nothing is official.
4) I've written this before and will again. Do not allow yourselves to get to high or low on any of the information seen here or anywhere else that is not official in some nature. Meaning, unless it comes from a person representing DCAS, the Department or an investigator, it's not reliable.
5) Remember that this is a public message board that can be viewed by ANYBODY. Fair or not, opinions will be likely be formed about us, based on what it written here. Think before you post and conduct yourself as an adult. This is a general statement and not directed at any particular poster.
6) BC Ritchie, Battalion Commander of the 13 Battalion, a fine man who has 44 years on the job, saw his son promoted to BC the other day at the promotional ceremony. The younger Chief Ritchie waited 7 years for the job to appoint him. Now, he's been assigned to work with his Father in the 13, who retires in September.
Assuming things go "as planned", how long after the list numbers are released will they run the first set of physical exams? And any idea how many they will take for the physicals?
Thanks to the guys that posted the physical conditioning plans.
Anyone going to the meeting tonight ?
Doing this as a reminder.
33rd between Broadway/6th and 5th
See you all there
Bring your questions and yourselves.
Couldnt make it to the meeting tonight. For those of you who did if you could share the details I'm sure a lot of guy on here would appreciate it... My self included of course