Like Tree9618Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Anyone speak to DCAS this morning?
    I called the automated number 5 minutes ago and got the usual this exam has not been given excuse. I doubt we find our scores today.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    This thread is flooded today. Seems like everyone is waiting for some good news lol
    yup....if one more person does a fake "I got my score today" i will put my fist thru the computer screen.

Forum Member

I havent done anything at work since i got here, all I'm doing is going back and forth from this forum and the JoinFdny Facebook page refreshing like no tomorrow. ****es me off that DCAS personnel seem to know less than we do!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    I havent done anything at work since i got here, all I'm doing is going back and forth from this forum and the JoinFdny Facebook page refreshing like no tomorrow. ****es me off that DCAS personnel seem to know less than we do!
    DCAS is useless, I remember calling up asking about the residency credits and they had no idea what I was talking about

We waited 5 years for this exam, the 6019 guys have been waiting even longer, it's naive of us to think we will get our scores right away. They will continue to make us wait and suffer. It's like when we were kids and the anticipation leading up to Christmas morning lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    DCAS is useless, I remember calling up asking about the residency credits and they had no idea what I was talking about

We waited 5 years for this exam, the 6019 guys have been waiting even longer, it's naive of us to think we will get our scores right away. They will continue to make us wait and suffer. It's like when we were kids and the anticipation leading up to Christmas morning lol.
    I was really really good the past 5 years. I didnt get into any trouble, I was nice to my brother and sister. I did my chores every day.

Forum Member

Lets not talk about 6019, it makes me sad. I would have been a 21 year old with the best job in the world. That excitement i had when I got my list number in 08 was priceless. Now I'm old ( no offense to anyone older than me lol) hoping and praying for another shot at this!
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-03-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I know they said around Oct 3rd and it will take time to mail out the results but i figured I live in NYC so it might not take as long to receive anything they might mail out... my roommate has off from work today I've been texting him all day to check the mail lol ill let you know if anything happens

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Guys and gals, just got a interesting phone call from a media outlet (which I was told not to say) and they informed me that dcas was kinda slow in posting the scores, BUT it should be out today. I had told them that I haven't seen anything yet and they just told me dcas is always slow for some reason. No BS, just reporting what I have just heard. Keep your eyes on dcas today. I really hope they are not wrong in informing me this. Also, things will be mailed as soon as the scores go public as stated in the press release.
    Last edited by FdnytolifeE293; 10-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Guys and gals, just got a interesting phone call from a media outlet (which I was told not to say) and they informed me that dcas was kinda slow in posting the scores, BUT it should be out today. I had told them that I haven't seen anything yet and they just told me dcas is always slow for some reason. No BS, just reporting what I have just heard. Keep your eyes on dcas today. I really hope they are not wrong in informing me this.
    Why would a "media outlet" be calling you to pass along this information?

Forum Member

Guys and gals, just got a interesting phone call from a media outlet (which I was told not to say) and they informed me that dcas was kinda slow in posting the scores, BUT it should be out today. I had told them that I haven't seen anything yet and they just told me dcas is always slow for some reason. No BS, just reporting what I have just heard. Keep your eyes on dcas today. I really hope they are not wrong in informing me this.
    Why did a media outlet call you directly?

Forum Member

Personal friend that's all I'm saying. Just keep your eyes on that darn website. They have to update the system.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Personal friend that's all I'm saying. Just keep your eyes on that darn website. They have to update the system.
    I don't think you're lying but I wouldn't be surprised if your boy got the wrong info, look at this board and how many have had inside sources with rumors with 99% of them turned out to be false.

Forum Member

Guys and gals, just got a interesting phone call from a media outlet (which I was told not to say) and they informed me that dcas was kinda slow in posting the scores, BUT it should be out today. I had told them that I haven't seen anything yet and they just told me dcas is always slow for some reason. No BS, just reporting what I have just heard. Keep your eyes on dcas today. I really hope they are not wrong in informing me this. Also, things will be mailed as soon as the scores go public as stated in the press release.
    Dude if I don't get my scores today I will hate you for the rest of my life.... Just kidding... But I do hope is true. So I guess we will only get our scores and not the list # since it doesn't say anywhere in those reports right?

Forum Member

I don't think you're lying but I wouldn't be surprised if your boy got the wrong info, look at this board and how many have had inside sources with rumors with 99% of them turned out to be false.
    Commissioner Cassano just texted me....exact quote "what up bro, dont worry bout list i got your back. u in 4 sure"

So i'm all set.

Forum Member

I'm hoping this info isn't wrong. But if anything changes they will call me or I'll call them and let you guys know what's up.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

To be the best, you must take the test.

Forum Member

I'm hoping this info isn't wrong. But if anything changes they will call me or I'll call them and let you guys know what's up.
    you found this dcas site we're all refreshing frantically as well. Did this person tip you off about that as well?

I hope you're right. but it just seems too "rumorish".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    you found this dcas site we're all refreshing frantically as well. Did this person tip you off about that as well?

I hope you're right. but it just seems too "rumorish".

No they didn't give me that link to dcas. I actually bookmarked it when I applied to take the test. I mean they sounded so sure about this so, then again time will tell.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    Commissioner Cassano just texted me....exact quote "what up bro, dont worry bout list i got your back. u in 4 sure"

So i'm all set.
    Must of been a mass text because I got the same one!
    Bellestoria likes this.

Forum Member

No they didn't give me that link to dcas. I actually bookmarked it when I applied to take the test. I mean they sounded so sure about this so, then again time will tell.
    Do us all a favor and stop posting nonsense. Unless you want to divulge your source, its hearsay and bull$%it.

Forum Member

for some frame of reference, the city established a train operator list on Sept 19th, and on Monday Sept 24th the list was posted on The Chief's website. I'm trying to look around on the DCAS site now to see if the list was posted any where else earlier than the 24th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    for some frame of reference, the city established a train operator list on Sept 19th, and on Monday Sept 24th the list was posted on The Chief's website. I'm trying to look around on the DCAS site now to see if the list was posted any where else earlier than the 24th.
    too bad this is a fdny forum and no one cares about a train conductor list posted in a local paper..
    Be real people this test was the most controversal nyc exam EVER.
    They will think of some creative way to send out these scores. maybe telegram, or an E card

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Be real people this test was the most controversal nyc exam EVER.
    They will think of some creative way to send out these scores
    You would think but this is NYC after all.

Forum Member

You would think but this is NYC after all.
    Every Civil exam i have ever taken in my life time, the first place i have gotten scores was in my mail box. The scores were not told whatever day i would receive them , they just came. everyone here has to deal with this hurry up and wait game that nyc plays. I know were all very anxious about the scores, but we just have to eat it and wait wait wait. it could take 3 more months, No one affiliated with dcas said anything about us getting scores anytime soon. The later the list comes out , the longer the list will be in effect for. If the list numbers came out a few months ago thats when the list takes effect, and therefore 4 years from that date it will expire. We all know that the fdnyemt promos are going first, so there is no rush in making this list effective as of today.

Forum Member

Everyone chillout. The scores arent getting posted until next week. Read the article below:

http://www.firehouse.com/news/107968...g-firefighters

Thread Information