Like Tree9967Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skeetz111 View Post
    Everyone chillout. The scores arent getting posted until next week. Read the article below:

http://www.firehouse.com/news/107968...g-firefighters
    I'm skeptical skeetz. Why would the Malone Telegram, a paper based out of an area closer to Canada than NYC, have information that scores will go out next week when all of the articles from the media outlets around here said on or around October 3rd?

Forum Member

Everyone chillout. The scores arent getting posted until next week. Read the article below:

This an Associated Press story that was published last week. Firehouse.com was late in using it. Below is a link to the same exact story from the Wall Street Journal that was published on Friday September 28, which was last week.

http://online.wsj.com/article/APd9b4...4b3ba7b59.html

Forum Member

i gotta get off this site its making me bonkers.
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Forget other media outlets. The NYC Law Department themselves stated today's date, albeit they said "around" Oct. 3rd.

Forum Member

That's an AP article that was originally published on Friday, 9/28

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/1967049...oves-fdny-test

So the "next week" mentioned there is actually this week.....seems like The Malone Telegram (wtf is that?) just picked up on it yesterday, 10/2.

The official press release from the NYC Law Dept. said "The City anticipates publishing the test results for the promotional and open competitive exams around Oct. 3rd."

That's the most up to date information we have. Nobody seems to know what "publishing" the test result means.

I dont think that publishing the list starts the clock ticking on the life of the list, I believe that happens when the list is "established" /////according to the same press release:

"The eligibility list for the promotional exam in all likelihood will be established in January 2013, shortly before the start of the Fire Academy class."

So it seems like the list is set to be "published" (god knows where) "around" 10/3.

Forum Member

Any updates from your friend Skav?

Forum Member

I can't be the only one that every time he see someone has posted replies in the thread he's hoping it's someone saying the scores have been posted somewhere ?

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Nothing yet cable, I've called back about a hundred times already with no reply. As soon as I hear anything I will post it. But honestly at this point and time I doubt anything is going to happen.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

I got mail from DCAS today....

It's an invitation for CPAT orientation. Good, but not the same as a score.

Forum Member

Just spoke to DC Mannix and he said that to his knowledge scores were to be posted today or tomorrow.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

Posted where?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnytolifeE293 View Post
    Just spoke to DC Mannix and he said that to his knowledge scores were to be posted today or tomorrow.
    He was supposed to speak today - anyone know how it went?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I got mail from DCAS today....

It's an invitation for CPAT orientation. Good, but not the same as a score.

Email or telegraph? And did you take the 2000 or 2500?

Forum Member

#2500, also it was classic DCAS mailing with perferated sides that has perforated sides that have to be folded and torn off.

Forum Member

I don't know if want to know my score yet.

Forum Member

#2500, also it was classic DCAS mailing with perferated sides that has perforated sides that have to be folded and torn off.
    Oh that's why. Why are you even on this forum? Only 4 of you failed lol. Your golden dude
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

According to the below DCAS site, I don't think they actually publish a full list for us to see. The only place I saw 6019's list was in The Chief. Has anyone else seen any city job lists posted on the DCAS site?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/em...lservice.shtml

After Taking an Exam:

Multiple Choice, Essay and Oral Exams:
    - The City begins the process of validating an answer key and grading each examination. As part of this process, State Civil Service Law provides a limited period of time in which each candidate is eligible to protest proposed answers to questions. Any challenges received during the protest period are resolved by a panel of experts and the final key is approved for rating.
    - Once the exams are rated, the list is created in rank order by passing score. An official version of this list is an Eligible List. A City agency can use this list to hire employees. The creation of the eligible list usually occurs six to nine months after the test date. A list generally lasts four years.
    - Upon establishment of a list, the City notifies each candidate of their exam score and list rank. If you feel that there are any discrepancies, you may appeal your score at this time.
    - City agencies use the list to bring in candidates for interviews. The rule of one-in-three allows agencies to interview the top three scoring individuals on the list for each available position.

Forum Member

what does the one in three rule mean for us?

Forum Member

that's nothing new. Just lets you know how far down a list the city can go to fill the academy. If the academy is 300 people, the city can bring in up to 900 people to start their process. As 1 person in that 900 disqualifies they can move further down the list, and so on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by knicksh2o View Post
    Oh that's why. Why are you even on this forum? Only 4 of you failed lol. Your golden dude
    Still good to get updates on what's going on with the process. Also we still have to pass all of the same hoops that any other candidate goes through. Won't be golden until the academy is underway.

Forum Member

Still good to get updates on what's going on with the process. Also we still have to pass all of the same hoops that any other candidate goes through. Won't be golden until the academy is underway.
    Yeah I get you, just you have a 99 percent chance to be called in for an interview no matter what score you received. The rest of us are sitting here on pins and needles with our 20 percent shot.

Forum Member

Guys I just got great news!!!

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico. Ok seriously now, if let say scores were sent out today it would take 1-2 days for delivery within the 5 boroughs. Maybe tomorrow or Friday we'll get something in the mail?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Guys I just got great news!!!

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico. Ok seriously now, if let say scores were sent out today it would take 1-2 days for delivery within the 5 boroughs. Maybe tomorrow or Friday we'll get something in the mail?

No, nothing is being mailed out until the results are made public. That's according to that press release and even then it will take one or two weeks for every single person to get the mail.
    Test 2000
    Score 97
    List#700X
    Do I stand a chance?

Forum Member

No, nothing is being mailed out until the results are made public. That's according to that press release and even then it will take one or two weeks for every single person to get the mail.
    The where are they releasing the results ?

Forum Member

this is not true. The city's law dept said the list would be "established" on/around Oct 3rd, and then we'd get our scores/list mailed to us shortly after.....but we have no idea what "established" means yet. They made no mention of where we could even find any published list.

Thread Information