Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 1209 FirstFirst ... 39891291361371381391401411421491892396391139 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 24174
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #2761
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I could have misheard because they were blasting music below us but everything is pending the judges approval but if everything goes down like it normally would, the city would exhaust the 2500 list before touching the 2000 list. I believe th feel free to clarify or correct what I'm saying. At times it was hard to hear with the music blasting and where I was sitting.
    Okay so you know, she is not a source but like all of us has asked a lot of question about the process. Calling her a source does her a disservice, that information is false and everyone who quoted it, edit it out. She works for neither of the departments mentioned.


  2. #2762
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Any post from here until the list is released will be speculation and speculation rebuttal. Let this thread fall into the the depths of Hiring and Employment Discussion until then
    In general, that's a good idea. However, there are other things that can be discussed: Workouts, preparation concerns, maybe FDNY history.

  3. #2763
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    True. Good call
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  4. #2764
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    I feel like its gonna be a long time waiting for any new info at this point. Anyone in the NYC area wanna form a stickball league or something to keep the sanity? haha

  5. #2765
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Doubt it will be a long haul . Losing millions in overtime is something that Bloomberg has openly stated a grievance against. I'm personally expecting academy classes at the rock to start up by January 2013. Just solely due to the fact of the vulcans and the city putting so much pressure on the department. I understand that some are using past tests and history as precedents but, i don't believe that a slow process this time around benefits anybody. The vulcans cause, the Cities budget, or the departments view in the public light. So based off of that logic alone i expect the process to be a little faster than most of you think

  6. #2766
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    2013? I'll bet January 2014 if we're making wagers.

    I don't want it to be January 2013. There would be some serious corner-cutting and reduction of standards if they put people through that quickly
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  7. #2767
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    2013? I'll bet January 2014 if we're making wagers.

    I don't want it to be January 2013. There would be some serious corner-cutting and reduction of standards if they put people through that quickly
    If you actually want Jan 2014 I am assuming you are not nearly as old as I am haha.

  8. #2768
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    If you actually want Jan 2014 I am assuming you are not nearly as old as I am haha.
    Haha I see what you're saying. I don't actually want that. It's just my guess based on budgets and other factors. Since Bloomy hasn't fought hard for FD in the past, I doubt he's going to strain himself in his last term. Maybe the next guy will move faster
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  9. #2769
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICNYC View Post
    Doubt it will be a long haul . Losing millions in overtime is something that Bloomberg has openly stated a grievance against. I'm personally expecting academy classes at the rock to start up by January 2013. Just solely due to the fact of the vulcans and the city putting so much pressure on the department. I understand that some are using past tests and history as precedents but, i don't believe that a slow process this time around benefits anybody. The vulcans cause, the Cities budget, or the departments view in the public light. So based off of that logic alone i expect the process to be a little faster than most of you think
    Not to sound like a ****** here, but I would bet every dollar I have that a class won't be in that early (My guess is April at the very best). If we aren't getting list #s until September the earliest, that means physicals at best start late that month thru October. Then you have Backgrounds and Psychs followed by a Medical exam that I believe wasn't more than 30-40 guys a day if I remember doing it 3x correctly. To say all those steps are completed in 4 months is wayyy more than wishful thinking Haha.

  10. #2770
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I don't really understand what you mean by corner cutting.. expedited is not corner cutting. Academy i expect to be the same long training as usual but they can't afford to have a drawn out hiring process. Literally, can't afford it.

  11. #2771
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    i totally get what your saying and it's easy to laugh at it but losing over 100 million in overtime is not funny to these guys. So i would gladly take your bet . Losing money is losing money and pressure just like **** trickles down.

  12. #2772
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICNYC View Post
    I don't really understand what you mean by corner cutting.. expedited is not corner cutting. Academy i expect to be the same long training as usual but they can't afford to have a drawn out hiring process. Literally, can't afford it.
    Sorry, I meant cutting corners in the hiring process.

    Like vek said, it's long process.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  13. #2773
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Sorry, I meant cutting corners in the hiring process.

    Like vek said, it's long process.
    Yeah wasn't meant to shoot ya down dude. Just saying that fitting a physical, background, psych, and medical into 4 months is impossible with the way **** goes in the City. Pretty sure DCAS handles the physical exam so that timeframe between that and the background investigation day will prob be the longest span of time. I hated that day at the time, but now I wish it was tomorrow...smh

  14. #2774
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    198

    Default

    I expect that the city will have the CPAT prep class again. I can't remember the exact length from the last time, but I think it was between 8 and 12 weeks. Then you'll get a 'practice' run, plus three chances to pass, if you do not on the 'practice.' Then you have background, psych and the medical. It takes time, regardless of the situation with OT costs and the desire to hire. Unfortunately, It's not a process that can really be expedited.

    There are also numerous variables in play, the biggest of which is the Judge. He still has to approve the results. And he has stated, in at least one of the court documents, that the OT cost to the city are not of his concern.

    I think the city would probably hire yesterday, if possible. The longer this goes on, the more openings there will be. Members are still slowly retiring. There were promotions just last week. That, to me, is one thing in our favor. Once hiring can begin, they will need people and likely, a lot of them.
    DJ_Reverse likes this.

  15. #2775
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Once hiring can begin, they will need people and likely, a lot of them.
    Here, here. I hope so
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

  16. #2776
    Forum Member SleepyHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Da Bronx
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Sorry, I meant cutting corners in the hiring process.

    Like vek said, it's long process.
    Feb-may 2008, not that long.......
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

  17. #2777
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyHollow View Post
    Feb-may 2008, not that long.......
    Haven't seen you in a while Sleepy, how'd you do on 2000?

  18. #2778
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Slow news day, just an updated article about our favorite corrupt judge and another reason to hate him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...sEnabled=false

    The fact that Cohen and Garufis have a history together should alone be enough to get him thrown off this case. How this guy exists in modern society is beyond me.

  19. #2779
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Slow news day, just an updated article about our favorite corrupt judge and another reason to hate him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...sEnabled=false

    The fact that Cohen and Garufis have a history together should alone be enough to get him thrown off this case. How this guy exists in modern society is beyond me.
    Na it's not because they know each other that Goofus picked him...it's because he charges such a great hourly rate!

  20. #2780
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Slow news day, just an updated article about our favorite corrupt judge and another reason to hate him.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...sEnabled=false

    The fact that Cohen and Garufis have a history together should alone be enough to get him thrown off this case. How this guy exists in modern society is beyond me.

    Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise. The best way to get a part of the public who normally wouldn't care about this issue to take a stand would be to see tax dollars wasted, esp at a time like this. It really feels like the judge and this lawyer/monitor are starting to dig their own grave.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 35 users browsing this thread. (12 members and 23 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. antmdog,
  3. DannyD0pe,
  4. EKFCASPER,
  5. FDNYProspect,
  6. joro89,
  7. Manhattan Medic,
  8. Matador611,
  9. Medic2312,
  10. miller2000,
  11. New Flyer,
  12. SI91

Similar Threads

  1. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  2. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts