Like Tree11261Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    How do you know?

Just from the questions I got wrong, my/our guesstimation of what sections will be weighted, and the overall number of people who took the exam. That is what leads me to this. Just bracing for it is all...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Just from the questions I got wrong, my/our guesstimation of what sections will be weighted, and the overall number of people who took the exam. That is what leads me to this. Just bracing for it is all...
    I hear ya....i have a feeling i'm in the same boat too. even if i match my score from 6019, the # will prob be thousands higher.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    some info from the JoinFDNY Facebook page:

Published just meant that they were released so DCAS could begin mailing them. For now, they are not available to view. If DCAS gives us updates, I will pass them along on this page.

DCAS said they will not post the results online, they will mail them out to everyone. Please be patient. Any updates will be posted on this page.

Man, this waiting game sucks. Waiting for this mail is worse than that feeling you get when your holding it in all day and the closer you get to the toilet, the more desperate you become.
    I will not tire, I will not falter, and I will not fail!!!

Forum Member

You can try and call the Automated number for DCAS monday. I know monday is Columbus Day but they usually update the system on Sunday.
    Bellestoria likes this.

Forum Member

I hear ya....i have a feeling i'm in the same boat too. even if i match my score from 6019, the # will prob be thousands higher.
    Feel the same way as both of you. I was in the top 1000 last time, and I feel like there's absolutely zero shot I have at even getting near there this time around. I would love to know the percentage of ppl who scored in the top 10K that will checked residential credit.

Forum Member

A 94 would have gotten you in from 6019. Would have taken abound 4 years but it would have. Now a 97 gives you a "chance" to make it. That's insane. Thank god my 5th and 6th numbers from my SS# are in the low singles, that can also play a big part in this.

Forum Member

I hope that 97 number is make believe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    A 94 would have gotten you in from 6019. Would have taken abound 4 years but it would have. Now a 97 gives you a "chance" to make it. That's insane. Thank god my 5th and 6th numbers from my SS# are in the low singles, that can also play a big part in this.
    A 94? That seems really low. What makes you say that?

Forum Member

A 94? That seems really low. What makes you say that?
    A friend of mine got a 94.7 and was list number 4,6xx. Which they projected 6019 would have reached list # almost 5,000.

I might be wrong on the exact score (94.7) but I'm sure is that or very close to it.

Forum Member

A friend of mine got a 94.7 and was list number 4,6xx. Which they projected 6019 would have reached list # almost 5,000.
    Ya, I guess under normal circumstances that makes sense. And now this time around a 97 gets you a list # of about 8500. Yikes.

Forum Member

Ya, I guess under normal circumstances that makes sense. And now this time around a 97 gets you a list # of about 8500. Yikes.
    At this point we did what we could, we studied our asses off and most did really well on the actual "test". Now for the personality section no one had any idea about it so we really cant control what the outcome of that is but regardless There will be a lot of people that are going to get dropped on investigations, physicals etc. half of these people on the top 10000 have no idea what they are in for. This is the reason why I can say this in all honesty, I hope every single person here who has shown that they WANT to be a firefighter gets in. Not the person who was picked up in the street and were forced to take the test.
    Last edited by Jukez; 10-04-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    vekdoggs75 and knicksh2o like this.

Forum Member

curious where you got those numbers from? I find it hard to believe the general public did so well that they only had a few wrong. People in general are saying this test was so easy are they are thinking passing is good enough or a just full of it?
    can you guys fill me in on your psych estimations, as in what partial credit means?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-04-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Forum Member

There will be a lot of people that are going to get dropped on investigations, physicals etc. half of these people on the top 10000 have no idea what they are in for. This is the reason why I can say this in all honesty, I hope every single person here who has shown that they WANT to be a firefighter gets in. Not the person who was picked up in the street and were forced to take the test.

Ya, it should be interesting to see how quickly they burn through this list. It was mentioned earlier PSI was working on a 4:1 list # to hire ratio, that means the city is looking to add roughly 2100 jobs over 4 years.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    curious where you got those numbers from? I find it hard to believe the general public did so well that they only had a few wrong. People in general are saying this test was so easy are they are thinking passing is good enough or a just full of it?
    can you guys fill me in on your psych estimations, as in what partial credit means?

that's straight from the city's law dept official release:

In light of the FDNY's hiring needs over the next four years, the City expects that, in addition to those who took and passed the promotional exam, only those candidates who scored 97 or above on the open competitive exam -- 8,548 -- have a likelihood of being considered for appointment.

Forum Member

This wasn't a hard test bro. Most of us here got questions wrong for over thinking the damn question, others maybe for being careless but that's it. This was the plan from the beginning. Give a fairly easy test then basically a toss up on the personality part. I been going crazy over these damn 8 PC since my protest date. Atleast i aced the first 4 sections even though I'm sure they not even worth much :sigh:
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

If you guys really want to get ****ed about this whole controversy, read this crap I just found on Huffinton Post written by some jackass - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blacka...b_1937709.html

Her mention of legacy points is a clear indication she has absolutely ZERO knowledge regarding this subject.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    If you guys really want to get ****ed about this whole controversy, read this crap I just found on Huffinton Post written by some jackass - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blacka...b_1937709.html

Her mention of legacy points is a clear indication she has absolutely ZERO knowledge regarding this subject.
    Huffington Post is disgustingly liberal. Jesus that was a frustrating read, especially this:

In defending itself against charges of discriminatory practices, FDNY has argued blacks and Latinos did not pass entrance exams, suggesting either group does not have the intellectual capacity to pass the test. But what FDNY failed to mention is that their legacy hires -- white firefighters with friends and family ties -- are given preferential treatment when they fail exams, and are hired and promoted anyway. What about their intellectual capacity, when they don't pass the test?

Forum Member

If anyone on this forum knows someone who has ever been hired with legacy points, I would forward this to them. That blog is a slap in the face to any man or woman on the job today whose relative passed away in the line of duty. That's the type of ignorance that should be blasted yet the liberals on the Huff Post publish that ****?

Forum Member

Has anyone gotten there letter yet? I'm nervous as hell!!

Forum Member

If anyone on this forum knows someone who has ever been hired with legacy points, I would forward this to them. That blog is a slap in the face to any man or woman on the job today whose relative passed away in the line of duty. That's the type of ignorance that should be blasted yet the liberals on the Huff Post publish that ****?
    That's disgusting. When people make up their own facts, it's hard to take them seriously.

Forum Member

I don't know if she is even talking about legacy points. I think she is just insinuating that every one who is white and knows some one gets in. Which is equally as stupid. How can a person write an article with out knowing any facts what so ever.
    She should be forced to write a retraction.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-04-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Forum Member

Pick an amount of time, it doesn't have to be specific. The point is; train to far exceed the expectations of the CPAT.

When you begin the academy, you will start a program called FST. You will complete a course that is similar to the CPAT, but longer and harder. You will complete it while wearing full bunker gear and a mask on your back. Eventually you will complete this course while wearing a face piece on air. For a lot of people, FST is one of the harder activities you'll endure. You will do it once a week....unless you suck, then they'll push you through it a few times a week.

If you excersize regularly and run regularly, none of this should be too hard. If you're daunted by a 5k, you're in trouble, start working harder.
    kd44 likes this.

Forum Member

I don't know if she is even talking about legacy points. I think she is just insinuating that every one who is white and knows some one gets in. Which is equally as stupid. How can a person write an article with out knowing any facts what so ever.
    She should be forced to write a retraction.
    She's a moron, but for a publication such as the Huffington Post to release this kind of garbage without vetting the accusations is mind boggling. I actually left a comment on the bottom of the article, and now I see that it's been removed. I love these cowards who post these crap blogs and then refuse to stand up when someone confronts them over their facts.

Forum Member

she should write merit matters

Thread Information