Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 43931331401411421431441451461531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 22872
Like Tree8986Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So When the New Test Gets canned because they dont have the bulk of african americans in the top 5 k then what will they do>? You know the judge is not gonne ok a test without HIS results...if he does he will like a total idiot. I firmly believe this test will have similar results like 6019 unless there is any tampering involved. Then we are back at square one again with our hands down our pants waiting....and waiting.......and waiting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dc33017 View Post
    so when the new test gets canned because they dont have the bulk of african americans in the top 5 k then what will they do>? You know the judge is not gonne ok a test without his results...if he does he will like a total idiot. I firmly believe this test will have similar results like 6019 unless there is any tampering involved. Then we are back at square one again with our hands down our pants waiting....and waiting.......and waiting.
    get over it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    get over it

Please elaborate on your "get over it" statement.....I would love to know what you mean by that

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Is it me or did anyone else read 600 vacancies open. Wtf is going on, someone explain this in ABC form for me. This doesn't look like a realistic number to me. I thought it was 3000 vacancies at least.
    Last edited by Fdnytolife4130; 06-30-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Forum Member

The 3000 is probably based on speculation and forecasted attrition. Rumors can be a bitch
    Test: 2000
    Score: 98
    List Number: 60**

Forum Member

If they haven't hired in 5 years, what is the attrition rate? from retirements, promotions, and medical issues? plus, if they hire will they add the extra man back on all the apparatus?

Forum Member

Bloomy is trying to avoid layoffs. I doubt he'll start beefing-up manpower. I assume attrition over the last five years is the 600 (the lost apparatus man included in that figure). So maybe another 75 to 100 positions in the coming year, if they're included in next year's budget. I can only assume, based on what I know about budgets, that they'll try to put Exam 2000 on next year's budget.

Look at me speculating. Not practicing what I preach
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 07-01-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Forum Member

The attrition rate would be much much higher if not for the lawsuit..... Many guys on the job who are ready to retire wont because of the rampant overtime they are getting......Regular FF's are making Thousands of $$'s in OT which are beefing up their last 3 averaged years for their pension.....So to your poiint that there are many more open positions than 600,,,there are....Guys are just waiting until that first class gets in the field where the OT dries up and BAM hundreds of guys will be filing their retirement papers with HUGE pensions!! So in reality the city needs to fill those 600 spots and then keep up the hiring as to not fall behind the attrition that is going to come in droves when it is all said and done.

Like i said befofre the only people who got F'd in this whole thing are the taxpayers and the cream of 6019

Forum Member

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. A lot of OT

Forum Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1108828

Looks like Garufis is still hell bend on racial quotas. Luckily anyone who failed a fire test twice probably wont be able to write a full letter of objection without help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1108828

Looks like Garufis is still hell bend on racial quotas. Luckily anyone who failed a fire test twice probably wont be able to write a full letter of objection without help.
    Thanks for posting. I have to laugh to keep from going in to a blind rage.

Any thoughts on what this means as far as an official list? If they are not holding this circus until Sept 28th, I wonder if that'll push back the release of the 2000 list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Thanks for posting. I have to laugh to keep from going in to a blind rage.

Any thoughts on what this means as far as an official list? If they are not holding this circus until Sept 28th, I wonder if that'll push back the release of the 2000 list.
    Could have an affect on the number hired but as of right now all speculation unless we can have access to the Judge's chambers, city's plans, or other inside sources.

Also looking at the comment section proves that people don't understand the idea of civil service. Case and point is where one man said I got a High 80 and didn't get a call.

No way, because others got higher than you and they were of different races! Remember in the FDNY compared to other tests it is not if you pass or not, it is how high you score.

MembersZone Subscriber

It sounds to me like this quota would only apply until they had hired 293 "victims" who were "discriminated" against. Is that other peoples take too? Absolutely ridiculous but at least at this point it's not an across-the-board quota.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFES View Post
    It sounds to me like this quota would only apply until they had hired 293 "victims" who were "discriminated" against. Is that other peoples take too? Absolutely ridiculous but at least at this point it's not an across-the-board quota.
    Simply put, any quota discriminates against a certain group and because of that is as racist as those who bring the accusations of racism to the table.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Simply put, any quota discriminates against a certain group and because of that is as racist as those who bring the accusations of racism to the table.
    I completely agree. The whole thing is incredibly offensive and I think we should stand against this as much as possible. I'm just trying to be realistic. Not much seems to be going in our favor as of late.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MFES View Post
    I completely agree. The whole thing is incredibly offensive and I think we should stand against this as much as possible. I'm just trying to be realistic. Not much seems to be going in our favor as of late.
    I can't speak for everyone, but agree that these decisions put me in the doldrums sometimes; but if we do not put up a fight than everything we stand for will be in naught.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but agree that these decisions put me in the doldrums sometimes; but if we do not put up a fight than everything we stand for will be in naught.
    Agreed, the Vulcans and the "judge" are trying to STEAL something from us simple as that. And we would be the people whose lives are ruined because of what they are trying to get away with. Your average Joe might care a little about this but at the end of the day its not his dreams being crushed or livelihood stolen so WE need to be ready to protest and scream our heads off if it looks like quotas will ever be a reality.

Forum Member

What happens when years down the line, these 293 people sue (again) for discrimination, because they conviently attibute the animisoty they experience to their race, rather than to the fact they screwed every body and are unqualified.

What about the minorties that do well?

Forum Member

Is the point of the "no open microphone" so that Merit Matters and/ or any Minorities screwed on 6019 are sensored from showing up and actually speaking Facts?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Is the point of the "no open microphone" so that Merit Matters and/ or any Minorities screwed on 6019 are sensored from showing up and actually speaking Facts?
    Definitely a safe bet

Thread Information