Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 45951351421431441451461471481551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 23118
Like Tree9070Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    The guy who wrote that blog and any one who thinks the FDNY hiring practice is racist is basicallyto ignorant the process. None of them realize or are willing to acknowledge that hiring is done by the merit system and not handing in a resume face to face. The ones who know this, purposly put a misleading spin on it to confused the public and further their biggoted agenda.
    What I just said is obvious to us all on here, it is just frustrating to see their same nonsense arguments getting reguritated over and over in the media, leaving out the actual facts.
    I meet people every week who really think(because of the medias poor coverage) that racist acts were actually found and none actually know what DCAS is or that just simply passing the test is not enough. They don't know that countless white people never made it, despite having scores in the low 90's

Merit matters or some one who is well written on here, should write out a concise expination that the general population could understand, with the true facts of the story and racism of cherry picking candidates based on skin color. We should show up outside the court house or wherever else and hand all the papers out. I would show up and do it. Even if it doesn't get me on, I would be happy to do it becuase this craaap ****es me off so much.

We should really hold a protest.....seriously.. we should really think about it....then maybe our voice will be heard...instead of these racist editorialists who have no clue what they are talking about

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    We should really hold a protest.....seriously.. we should really think about it....then maybe our voice will be heard...instead of these racist editorialists who have no clue what they are talking about
    Agree with both of you guys. I'm looking for that guy's email because I get so annoyed by these clowns who write these bogus blogs and articles when they know ZERO about the actual process and don't cite one actual piece of evidence citing racism in the hiring process. What people need to realize is that racism cannot be proven simply by showing the demographics of a particular job. If that was the case, I think the entire judicial system would need some house cleaning and minority quotas.

I think a rally/protest would be great, but we need to make sure we get media exposure here. Between this guy writing his blog and the people who write into the Daily News saying Garaufis is wrong, nobody is bringing up the fact that a large group of guys (of all races) were **** on during 6019 and now it looks like the same thing is going to happen to 2000. I hate to pull the victim card here, but I think sitting around and hoping Garaufis gets struck by a bolt of common ****ing sense hasn't gotten us anywhere. He wants to have a "Fairness Hearing" so why don't we give him our interpretation of what REALLY is fair. That's the guys who busted their *** get a shot at a job they deserve.

Forum Member

Man I got a letter in the mail from NYC and I thought it could be the list number then I opened it and it said my list number was 260 so I jumped out of my seat then I kept reading and it said it was for police officer. I got so excited now I can't wait since I got my hopes up even more.

Forum Member

I agree, the problem is the media usually screws up the message and/ or only states 1/10 the info and its uses it more like a tabloid head line.

A protest would get the attention, but I think in addition, written material spelling it out for the layman must also be used as well as posted online incase word of mouth gets out. This way the media MIGHT have to acknowlege everything that is written. In addition people are nosy and would end up taking the info and reading the whole argument. This would prevent the judge from censoring the opposing opinion.

It could include everything the dept has done over the years for recruitment, the promotional,the driving candidates to the test, The credit for wrong answers, The free application for certain minorities, the percentages of other city agencies, the point that Equal opportunity is not equal results, The point that minorties scored high and got screwed on the last test, Ect Ect. maybe even some info about the judge and cohen.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 07-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Forum Member

Isn't all of this talk of protest premature? There is no indication whatsoever that the test is going to be thrown out or that there will be some crazy unfair way of constituting a hiring list. Why don't we all just relax, take a deep breath, and wait to see how it plays out. It'll only be a few short months at the most before we know something. All everyone is doing is driving themselves crazy. Just chill out, everyone.

Forum Member

Any of you going to the Intrepid on Saturday?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Isn't all of this talk of protest premature? There is no indication whatsoever that the test is going to be thrown out or that there will be some crazy unfair way of constituting a hiring list. Why don't we all just relax, take a deep breath, and wait to see how it plays out. It'll only be a few short months at the most before we know something. All everyone is doing is driving themselves crazy. Just chill out, everyone.

Sorry dude.....But that is just ignorance talking.....We all know...or at leats people that have had experience with this......Is that waiting is no longer an option........We have waited,,,,,for the last 5 years......And look where it has gotten us.. Test 2000 will be in the same situation as 6019 if something is not done soon. If the appeals court does not grant a bench/jury trial then the 60,000 african americans who dont deserve anything will get a hand out for free,, and they will institute the 293 that were supposedly looked over...and the quotas that the judge would like to imply will stand,

This will effect EVERYONE...INCLUDING YOU......so im sorry but for you to say just sit back and wait is ignorance at its finest and some rally/protest needs to be done soon to get the word out that this nonsense the judge has imposed needsw to stop,,,,not only for the taxpayers benefits but for the safety of the city,,, for hiring underqualified individuals based on race is one of the most unethical things that will ever go on and needs to be put to a stop.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I might go Saturday or Sunday to the intrepid. Anyone else going to attend?

Forum Member

Sorry dude.....But that is just ignorance talking.....We all know...or at leats people that have had experience with this......Is that waiting is no longer an option........We have waited,,,,,for the last 5 years......And look where it has gotten us.. Test 2000 will be in the same situation as 6019 if something is not done soon. If the appeals court does not grant a bench/jury trial then the 60,000 african americans who dont deserve anything will get a hand out for free,, and they will institute the 293 that were supposedly looked over...and the quotas that the judge would like to imply will stand,

This will effect EVERYONE...INCLUDING YOU......so im sorry but for you to say just sit back and wait is ignorance at its finest and some rally/protest needs to be done soon to get the word out that this nonsense the judge has imposed needsw to stop,,,,not only for the taxpayers benefits but for the safety of the city,,, for hiring underqualified individuals based on race is one of the most unethical things that will ever go on and needs to be put to a stop.
    Generally speaking on Saturday I'll be at the Intrepid not too far from the recruitment table, getting my packet stamped and watching to see who comes and goes, taking notes and tabs on the applicants that will show or what not.

As for protest sure that's something that can be organized but you have to ask a few questions, where can one be set up to gain and gardner the most attention to both the public and media outlets?

How do we know the friends and foes of the situation? As with all protests you have the core group with an honest message but then radical elements show up and cause the original message to be skewed. If we were to do this, we'd have to keep it to a limited vocal number and make it point not to be loud but educating with great voice.

What would be a optimal day to do all of this? One that gets our side heard by all parties and doesn't interfere with Department days or other days of greater importance.

Finally, what should and should not be said and how to say it. Meaning organization of the group to have different races hand out these flyers in different ethnic neighborhoods. What I mean is have blacks who support us go to Chinatown, Whites go to Spanish Harlem, Asians to East New York, and Latinos to Red Hook and Sheepshead Bay. Plus also say that these groups aren't as defined because in some civil service you forget to mention the importance of Arabs and their ethnicity, Indians and theirs, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and the two Polynesians who call NYC home.

Again what I say is go Saturday or Sunday, see what you see, talk to those in recruitment and across the FDNY and make it point to record and go from there.

Forum Member

Just be wary of calling it a "protest." When the media hears that term, they are going to run with it and as usual leave out the important facts. The last thing you want is to try to do the right thing but some media outlet publishes a headline like "CANDIDATES PROTEST HEARING THAT WOULD GIVE MINORITIES A CHANCE AT FAIRNESS." We disagree with the fairness hearing, and for all the right reasons, but you know how the media is. They can and will spin it any way they want in order to get an attention-grabbing headline.

Also, like DJ said, all you need is one loud mouth to show up there for the wrong reasons. A media outlet gets a 5 second clip from him/her and the entire thing gets labeled as a "bastion of white male privilege," as our fine Judge would like to call it.

Perhaps letters to politicians are a better route? There's less of a chance the media can spin that negatively since it's more private. Call me overly cautious but nowadays I feel like we have to walk on eggshells with what we do and say, as sad as that is.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFirefighter2000 View Post
    Man I got a letter in the mail from NYC and I thought it could be the list number then I opened it and it said my list number was 260 so I jumped out of my seat then I kept reading and it said it was for police officer. I got so excited now I can't wait since I got my hopes up even more.
    Great story tell it again

Forum Member

What will you be protesting, the exam you just re took to get on the list AGAIN?
    Sometimes you people need to leave well enough alone and not ruin it for the rest of us.
    The fact of the matter is this judge was a complete d bag for phucking up the last exam for us...

Now you guys want to draw more and more attention to something that needs time away from the media. Let's face it, the more tv time this **** gets, the worse off we all are. Yes life isn't fair but sometimes you have to bite the bullet before you start to get your pretty little picket signs and start making people giving unneeded attention to a cluster phuck of a situation.
    Word of advice
    Just let the exam list numbers come out and when you protestors see your list numbers then decide if you want to protest or not. Don't dig your self into a chit deep hole.
    Also don't Slam this judge over and over again, and then claim you want to do the very thing he did and **** this **** up.
    Thanks enjoy the summer
    Last edited by bensonhurstlovesme; 07-12-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post

What will you be protesting, the exam you just re took to get on the list AGAIN?
    Sometimes you people need to leave well enough alone and not ruin it for the rest of us.
    The fact of the matter is this judge was a complete d bag for phucking up the last exam for us...

Now you guys want to draw more and more attention to something that needs time away from the media. Let's face it, the more tv time this **** gets, the worse off we all are. Yes life isn't fair but sometimes you have to bite the bullet before you start to get your pretty little picket signs and start making people giving unneeded attention to a cluster phuck of a situation.
    Word of advice
    Just let the exam list numbers come out and when you protestors see your list numbers then decide if you want to protest or not. Don't dig your self into a chit deep hole.
    Also don't Slam this judge over and over again, and then claim you want to do the very thing he did and **** this **** up.
    Thanks enjoy the summer

OK Clark......you just keep waiting for those results....................... if the judge even allows the exam to pass through his slimy fingers........

Forum Member

Word of advice
    Thanks enjoy the summer
    U are a tool
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

believe me if your iq is above 85 you wont need sleep. i bet i could've gotten a 100 on the exam high on dust off
    How did that dust off theory work out for you?

Forum Member

Wow this thread lost its momentum real quick. The last 20 pages look exactly the same. Everyones focused on FC and PC. This got so dull. I'll be back in a year when scores are sent out.
    Later everyone
    has it been a year already???????
    CableGuy516 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    How did that dust off theory work out for you?
    not too well, they put BITREX in all the cans now so i cant inhale anymore

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    has it been a year already???????
    seems as if it has been, but no it hasent.
    just come on here every so often to see if any progess has been made, and then i say oh chit, theyre still whining and complaining.
    every page on this forum looks the same.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    U are a tool
    thanks long cut!

Forum Member

Sorry man, but I'm neither ignorant of the facts nor inexperienced in the process. I am WAY up on the 6019 list and went through the bs like everyone else. I just know that 6019 is a wrap. And I know that there is - SO FAR - nothing to protest on 2000. If they do something crazy with the lists, throw it out, quota hiring, okay fine, THEN we protest and write letters and whatever. But protesting and writing letters about something the city MIGHT do is about as juvenile as yelling at your girlfriend because she MIGHT cheat on you. In any case, I'm extricating myself from this debate until there is something to talk about. Too much noise on the forum, no signal. Good luck being patient everyone.

Thread Information